Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Runemod 2

Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2008 , 16:59   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #251

I dont know about the problems are you reporting. Its not imposible those exist but id make sure your config files where right and play around a bit.
Im aware the old domain has been taken by ad spammers, nothing i can do about that.
Old 10-25-2008 , 19:59   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #252

I like this plugin. But it has alot of errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikolas View Post
Your www.runemod.org does not work. Could you please provide a list of commands
"say runelist ingame should work, gives you a nice list or use the command to generate the html file. All in the readme i hope"
There is nothing about this in the readme in the attached files. So I don't know the command for generating the HTML file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -}NK{-Oj@eKiLLzZz View Post
lol k umm i know it dont effect recoil but that tilt screen that u use to make it look like recoil it remains after round ends same effect its like the rune never stop doin what its suppose to do. now i notice it does it with the life drain also even if clients reconnect when they get back into game its as if they still had the bad runes. the only way is if map changes. not at round end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BueSteeL View Post
1 unlimited ammo cooldown time is 1101120 or something close and i know thats not right
And if you drop the unlimited ammo rune and pick it up right away, the cooldown resets and you can use it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BueSteeL View Post
redeem doesnt crash the server that was some thing else but redeem seems like its random or only works #% of the time

I would also like to know how to:
  1. Change the smoke rune back to a bad rune. Because there is nothing good about it
  2. Give player some gravity with the ninja rune so the hook will works as it should. Because now you just get stuck on the ground when using hook.
  3. Get a new model for treasure and bad treasure. They are huge!
  4. Shrink the runes like 50% or so. I think they are a bit big. (Using the attached model).
  5. I think you should be able to move with concrete boots, slowly, and perhaps add a thumping sound when they are walking. And disable walk so you cant "sneak" (shift).

If you don't have the time or the interest to maintain this awesome plugin. Maybe you could hand it over to some one who can? I would hate it for this plugin to just simply die out.

EDIT:
Found more runes with faults:
  1. The protection rune don't work. You still get very much flashed. I don't know if it even blocks the headshots and what is "repels grenades?"
  2. If you pick up the feather rune you get increased speed and lower gravity. But on every new round you need to drop the rune and then pick it up again to regain the low gravity.
Also, can one make the longjump into a rune, instead of an item you loose every round?
Is there a way so you can make the items not count as runes to spawn? And make it so there is more than for example one medkit and one armour on the map at the same time? Maybe with some kind of cvar, so one can set up how many there should be in the map?

Last edited by WildSoft; 10-26-2008 at 02:53.
nevalopo
Old 10-26-2008 , 21:12   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #253

Sometimes i get the ninja rune.. How do i use it? The hook.. Do i bind it to something?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2008 , 19:00   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #254

i belive it uses +use
Old 11-15-2008 , 11:37   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #255

can i have the .cfg files for the ZM maps?thanks
scorrom
Old 12-01-2008 , 12:25   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #256

Hello, (sorry for my bad english i'm french)

Very good plugin but i have a little problem.

I have a server DOD with amxmodx v1.8.1 and metamod v1.19

This plugin is running in my consol, no problem, i have create dod_orange.txt in data/runemod whit coordonate of rune.

In game, test command "/dropitem" it's ok (i have a answer), but there are not item on my map ? why ?

----
I have also test in runemode.inc:

/*
1 = TS
2 = CSTRIKE/CZ
*/
#define MOD 1 (original it's 2 )

But runemode_base.sma bug in compiler ...

Thanks
scorrom
Old 12-09-2008 , 13:59   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #257

up

its not compatible whit dod 1.3 ?
WildSoft
Old 12-20-2008 , 16:37   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #258

Is this mod completely dead?!... To bad, because I really liked it.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2008 , 10:15   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #259

Its dead in terms i will not be adding more features to it. But it works

At the end of the day this mod is not that popular and ppl dont want to make custom runes for it so its unlikely to get more content
Old 01-10-2009 , 07:46   Re: Runemod 2
Reply With Quote #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS View Post
Its dead in terms i will not be adding more features to it. But it works

At the end of the day this mod is not that popular and ppl dont want to make custom runes for it so its unlikely to get more content
That's to bad. Yeha, it works, but many runes and the plugin itself has a ton of bugs in them. Many runes don't work at all as they should.

This mod has a lot of potential, if it could get maintained and updated. Maybe not by you eKs, but maybe there is some one who also enjoys this mod and can code and take over this project?

There is nothing like this. 'Roll the dice' is similar, but only one person could have a "power" at a time. And you can't choose which powers to be activated or deactivated. The chat also gets spammed a lot. But it would be great if some of the RTD "powers" could be implemented into this mod as different runes =)

Maybe the mod isn't that popular as it is now, or as it were back when you was working on it. Because it's "dead" and not getting any maintenance or publicity. But I think this mod can get to be very popular if it got some attention.

It's great fun to run this mod alongside WC3FT mod