[Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2014 , 01:28   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
So, i tested the plugin and the commands seem all to work, but seems that whenever you set a tag, no commands (ES or SM) don't fire at all. Using SCC as well.
SM Commands work fine...I wouldnt doubt that ES ones dont though...The only kind of SM commands that might not work are ones that arent "commands" (i.e. they dont need the ! or / in front...which means they arent registered commands, but rather just plugins listening to what you say in chat). However, even those kinds of commands I've tested with and they work fine...

If there was a simply way to custom color chat WITHOUT using SCP, and have it actually return "chat", I would do that...I dont want to use SCP though, and its code is all html or something (not sourcepawn, like all other plugins), so I cant see what theyre doing.

However, to make it more usable with for your purpose, ill add an ignore list...maybe even two of them. One cfg file for lines that should be ignored by the plugin if the chat text is EQUAL to it, and another cfg file for lines that CONTAIN specific lines...

I'll try to do that in the next day or so. You can set anything that other SM plugins dont register as commands, but only look for in chat, or any ES stuff in it.

Is there an ES chat shortcut? e.g. sourcemod converts and sm_ command to chat using ! or /...is there something similar for ES? Else, you will just have to use the ignore files I will add. I asked a friend of mine and he said he doesnt think ES uses chat commands save a few plugins that just watch chat for certain text...not sure if that's true or not though. If there is an "ES chat command" shortcut, I will code that in to ignore, so that you dont have to add each command...else you will need to.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 06-17-2014 at 02:14.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2014 , 02:07   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #22

Updated to version 1.7

Basically, I just added two files: one for having the plugin ignore any chat CONTAINING lines set in the config, the other for lines that will only be ignored if they're EQUAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
So, i tested the plugin and the commands seem all to work, but seems that whenever you set a tag, no commands (ES or SM) don't fire at all. Using SCC as well.
^ Basically, this can solve this problem. Although, as mentioned previously, it DOES work for sourcemod commands (see post above). Anyways, you can now have it ignore any exact phrase, or any chat containing specified phrases. This should solve your problem with ES or if you have any other phrases you want to ignore...

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 06-17-2014 at 02:16.
Pan32
Old 06-17-2014 , 10:44   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
SM Commands work fine...I wouldnt doubt that ES ones dont though...The only kind of SM commands that might not work are ones that arent "commands" (i.e. they dont need the ! or / in front...which means they arent registered commands, but rather just plugins listening to what you say in chat). However, even those kinds of commands I've tested with and they work fine...

If there was a simply way to custom color chat WITHOUT using SCP, and have it actually return "chat", I would do that...I dont want to use SCP though, and its code is all html or something (not sourcepawn, like all other plugins), so I cant see what theyre doing.

However, to make it more usable with for your purpose, ill add an ignore list...maybe even two of them. One cfg file for lines that should be ignored by the plugin if the chat text is EQUAL to it, and another cfg file for lines that CONTAIN specific lines...

I'll try to do that in the next day or so. You can set anything that other SM plugins dont register as commands, but only look for in chat, or any ES stuff in it.

Is there an ES chat shortcut? e.g. sourcemod converts and sm_ command to chat using ! or /...is there something similar for ES? Else, you will just have to use the ignore files I will add. I asked a friend of mine and he said he doesnt think ES uses chat commands save a few plugins that just watch chat for certain text...not sure if that's true or not though. If there is an "ES chat command" shortcut, I will code that in to ignore, so that you dont have to add each command...else you will need to.
Most ES plugins listen to the chat rather than just being registered (both normal method and cmdlib method), hence why he doesnt trigger when chat tags are enabled. I tried with sourcemod plugins (both using ! and /) and nothing was really reacting, not sm or es commands, which made administration pretty much impossible. I could be missing something on the core, but it might just be me.

Also, in answer to your question, ES has no console shortcuts for their commands, one of the things I didnt notice when I started coding in ES and now I regret choosing it...

Thanks for the update tho!
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2014 , 14:21   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #24

Updated to version 2.0.

Added the option to log all chat and admin messages. See installation notes if you wish to use the feature.
herotimehelp2
Old 08-07-2014 , 20:38   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #25

It doesn't work i set the text and when i talk it doesn't show the clan what do i need to do !?
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2014 , 02:27   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by herotimehelp2 View Post
It doesn't work i set the text and when i talk it doesn't show the clan what do i need to do !?
Clan? What are you talking about?
Gargos
Old 09-11-2014 , 01:46   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #27

Hi,

Does this plugin work with cs:go?

Also, after a player sets their own tag, will it display before their name on the scoreboard and also in the chat when the speak?

Thanks.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2014 , 15:53   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargos View Post
Hi,

Does this plugin work with cs:go?

Also, after a player sets their own tag, will it display before their name on the scoreboard and also in the chat when the speak?

Thanks.
No, it will not. CS:GO is limited to like 9 colors that are default to the game and does not accept hex colors.

The plugin does not set their steam group tags in the score board.

Yes, it shows before their name in chat. That is the only place it shows. I have updated some things in the plugin on my servers, and I'll have to check to make sure that the updated version makes it to here as well (I'm at work on lunch, so I cant right now).
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2014 , 22:42   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #29

Realized I havent kept this up to date on AM. Updated to version 2.2. See change log for v2.1 and v2.2 changes.
Old 07-26-2015 , 03:28   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #30

This plugin does not work anymore in CSGO.