Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HELP] Get client's menu/panel selection without closing it

Post New Thread Reply   

NewbSkiddy
Old 04-25-2017 , 14:44   [HELP] Get client's menu/panel selection without closing it
Reply With Quote #1

Hey! This might be a far reach, but what I am trying to do is collect when a client presses the hotkeys to switch weapons, and then use sourcemod to switch it for them as the menu blocks the weapon switch from going through.

Soooo, how would I get about doing this? I've tried out all sorts of stuff, but can't seem to make it work. Also, if anyone could answer what SetKeys actually does, I'd be really greatful. Can't find any info of it anywhere, seems like it might be a solution, no clue though. Thanks in advance!
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2017 , 03:52   Re: [HELP] Get client's menu/panel selection without closing it
Reply With Quote #2

Redraw the menu on selection.
Old 04-27-2017 , 15:18   Re: [HELP] Get client's menu/panel selection without closing it
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Redraw the menu on selection.
^ This.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 04-28-2017 , 09:08   Re: [HELP] Get client's menu/panel selection without closing it
Reply With Quote #4

The menu API doesn't report back with the "slot" pressed, though you could attempt to guess it knowing what you're displaying and the index of the item chosen. I'd guess the slot commands are client-side only and nothing ends up going through the server.

From the SetKeys docs (here or here), it appears to let you choose which of the ten slots are used.