Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ReGameDLL_CS

Post New Thread Reply   

Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2017 , 07:36   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #31

Well an updated tutorial on how to search for functions and how to make a function file would be welcome, since joaq doesn't have much talent on explaining stuff..

I understood the concept on which Orpheu works, and it is quite ingenious, just that i don't understand the instructions on how to use it..

Arks should of covered everything in here tho, since joaq seems to be leaving "blanks" in his tutorial https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147998

Last edited by Depresie; 04-26-2017 at 09:32.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-26-2017 , 10:24   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #32

I can probably write something to help you guys. While I'm no expert when it comes to memory, I can explain how I make the signatures. Maybe it would help. What do you think?

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-26-2017 at 10:24.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2017 , 11:11   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #33

Anything would be nice, especially the how to search for functions part

Last edited by Depresie; 04-26-2017 at 11:12.
Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 04-26-2017 , 11:20   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
Well an updated tutorial on how to search for functions and how to make a function file would be welcome, since joaq doesn't have much talent on explaining stuff..

I understood the concept on which Orpheu works, and it is quite ingenious, just that i don't understand the instructions on how to use it..

Arks should of covered everything in here tho, since joaq seems to be leaving "blanks" in his tutorial https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147998
It would be easier if you tell us where are you stuck in Arkshine's tutorial so we can help you.
Old 04-26-2017 , 11:48   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Anything would be nice, especially the how to search for functions part
Think about what function you need. Looks inside regamedll(or the cs.so in IDA), see if this function is using a string. If it is, go to IDA on windows dll and simply search for that string.
If it does not contain a string, search from what functions it is called. See if any of this functions contains a string. Keep doing that over and over until you find a function with one. From there, decompile that specific function and you found the one you wanted. Like you move from a function to another until you find what you wanted.

That's pretty much it. When I get time I'll probably write it properly, with examples and more details. Pick a function and I'll explain how to find it.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-26-2017 at 11:56.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2017 , 12:00   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #36

I'm stuck at this part
Quote:
You are here because you have found a function by reading the tutorial Searching for functions in libraries and because you know how to make a function file.
I don't know what do i open with IDA, also i am not planning on use regame..

Last edited by Depresie; 04-26-2017 at 12:01.
HamletEagle
Old 04-26-2017 , 12:23   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #37

Doesn't matter, regamedll is the same as valve code. It's very helpful for reference, to understand how things work and what each function does or how they are related.

You need to open two IDA tabs: one for mp.dll and one for cs.so(windows and linux dlls). Look at the functions from there, pick one and try to make a signature. If you want further help, please post in scripting help, too much off-topic here.
Old 04-26-2017 , 12:26   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #38

Ahm, wouldn't the signatures from regame dll be incompatible with the signatures from the original one ?
Old 04-26-2017 , 12:32   Re: ReGameDLL_CS
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Ahm, wouldn't the signatures from regame dll be incompatible with the signatures from the original one ?
Nah, you don't get me. You do the signatures from the official hlds, you just look at the source code of regamedll to understand how code works:

So, keep this page open as a reference: https://github.com/s1lentq/ReGameDLL...regamedll/dlls
Like you use the amxmodx.org/api for functions inside amxmodx, use the above link for the functions from game.

Of course you can decompile the original dlls, but the code that you will get from IDA is far from being readable for a beginner.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-26-2017 at 12:33.