Reply With Quote #43

lol yea, guess I'm chopped liver.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 02-05-2017 , 17:17   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Yea but, "The convar that is there currently is only for editing the amount of time the player is kept from using chat." I was referring to the tct_spamduration.
In your source, it says "If messages sent exceeds tct_spamcount within this time frame, it blocks them."

It seems like you were going to add tct_spamcount as a convar, which is what I want to edit, but it isn't implemented.

Is there a way I can change the "initial spam detector" to something weaker? I don't want it where tct_spamdurtion is the only configurable setting where it only changes the amount of time someone is on chat cooldown after he is detected.

Can you tell me how to change the "count of 3" in the sp file at least? Or maybe a snippet so I can just fix the sp and compile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
Moved to unapproved due to it not being supported
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
lol yea, guess I'm chopped liver.
That may have been a cvar from an even older version which is long gone...I'm not sure. This plugin was originally coded when I first started coding, and the public version was abandoned near the end of 2014 when I branched it off into other areas. You can copy the same idea and extend it to a fourth or 5th check. However, it was not a great way of doing it, since it was stacking message counts and so, as you noted, if tct_spamduration wasnt set just perfect (e.g. 2), the messages would stack and be counted as spam. Here is a snippet you could replace the system with that was backwards convert from new syntax to old and uses the public version's function names:

Remove the following:
Spoiler

Add the following:
Spoiler

Here is an edit of this plugin version with the above done.

lol...so much for not supporting the old version.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togschattags.sp - 104 views - 87.6 KB)
File Type: smx togschattags.smx (46.3 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 02-05-2017 at 17:18.
lowheartrate
Old 04-30-2017 , 00:40   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #45

Is there an alternative to this plugin? I am looking for something simple to just change the colors of an administrators name according to the flag they have. I found this plugin active on another server that seems to work fine on but if it's no longer supported I don't see why it would.
Old 04-30-2017 , 01:41   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowheartrate View Post
Is there an alternative to this plugin? I am looking for something simple to just change the colors of an administrators name according to the flag they have. I found this plugin active on another server that seems to work fine on but if it's no longer supported I don't see why it would.
Because other server operators/owners who may know how to make plugins could fix it for their own server and not release it, that's why.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2017 , 02:08   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowheartrate View Post
This version is no longer supported, but should still work for CS:S/TF2 only (i.e. Source 2009 Games). The current version isn't public, but supports CS:S/TF2/CS:GO/Insurgency, and comes with web panels, full support and a lot of other changes (PM me for details regarding that). So, you may have seen that on other servers, or if CS:S/TF2, it could be this version.

Alternately, you may have seen servers running Simple Chat Colors or Custom Chat Colors (both require Simple Chat Processor to run), and i think there is versions for CS:GO floating in the comments of their threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound View Post
Because other server operators/owners who may know how to make plugins could fix it for their own server and not release it, that's why.
^ Or that.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 04-30-2017 at 02:10.
lowheartrate
Old 04-30-2017 , 02:34   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
This version is no longer supported, but should still work for CS:S/TF2 only (i.e. Source 2009 Games). The current version isn't public, but supports CS:S/TF2/CS:GO/Insurgency, and comes with web panels, full support and a lot of other changes (PM me for details regarding that). So, you may have seen that on other servers, or if CS:S/TF2, it could be this version.

Alternately, you may have seen servers running Simple Chat Colors or Custom Chat Colors (both require Simple Chat Processor to run), and i think there is versions for CS:GO floating in the comments of their threads.

^ Or that.
I sent you PM regarding the version that is not public...
Old 05-25-2017 , 09:21   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #49

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but this plug-in only seems to work for admins regardless of my cfg?

All fields in !settings are greyed out / unselectable and typing !settag [Yourtaghere] gives an "no access" chat response unless you're admin.

Here is my cfg and plug-ins list:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(no error logs)

PM me or add me on STEAM for assistance with web development (MyBB, wordpress, PhPBB etc.)

Last edited by FeelsGoodMan; 05-25-2017 at 09:25.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2017 , 13:44   Re: [Source 2009 Games] TOGs Chat Tags
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsGoodMan View Post
Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but this plug-in only seems to work for admins regardless of my cfg?

All fields in !settings are greyed out / unselectable and typing !settag [Yourtaghere] gives an "no access" chat response unless you're admin.

Here is my cfg and plug-ins list:

Spoiler

(no error logs)
The public version of this never supported a blank/public flag, or "none" flag or sets of flag combos. Replace the HasFlags function (lines 445-472) with this:

Spoiler

I've attached a revised version for you. Here is how the flags work with the above replacement:
Spoiler
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togschattags.sp - 98 views - 87.2 KB)
File Type: smx togschattags.smx (46.7 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-26-2017 at 13:45.