Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Can SMAC block spawn hack?

Post New Thread Reply   

winged_box
Old 10-25-2013 , 23:32   Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #1

I have hackers who played at my server and whenever they are playing as infects they can spawn whatever SI they want for free. The hackers are able to spawn 10 tanks or spam witches in the safe room and even make themselves spawn within a short time.

However, it's only when they are infects then such hack occurred, when playing as survivors they don't seem to have aimbot or wallhack. I have a feeling they are able to bypass sv_cheats 0 thus able to spam tanks and witches.

Been asking around for the term of such hack but it seem like no one know that even spawning of SI can be hacked now (a new kind of hack maybe?)

I want to let people know of this new way of hacking as many people thought it's the admin abuse.

Last edited by winged_box; 10-25-2013 at 23:34.
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-26-2013 , 01:05   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #2

If you are able to find the commands used in that spawn hack, you could manually add them to the command monitor plugin.

The command used to spawn infecteds is probably this: z_spawn so adding smac_addcmd z_spawn 1 to your server.cfg could possibly prevent this hack from working.

https://bitbucket.org/psychonic/smac...CommandMonitor

Last edited by allienaded; 10-26-2013 at 01:08.
winged_box
Old 10-26-2013 , 12:07   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #3

If i put that command to smac then the admins also won't be able to use it right?

Yesterday I installed a cheat control plugin that ban all the sv_cheats command but hacker are still able to spawn them and worst I was the one got banned for cheat infraction.

I feel that the hacker is using my Steam ID to hack thus I got banned by that cheat control plugin.

Last edited by winged_box; 10-27-2013 at 00:30.
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2013 , 06:47   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
If i put that command to smac then the admins also won't be able to use it right?

Yesterday I installed a cheat control plugin that ban all the sv_cheats command but hacker are still able to spawn them and worst I was the one got banned for cheat infraction.

I feel that the hacker is using my Steam ID to hack thus I got banned by that cheat control plugin.
Unless your server is non-steam/"cracked" it's not really possible to spoof steam IDs like that. Yes if you add the command I posted earlier no one not even admins will be able to use that command without getting banned.

Last edited by allienaded; 10-27-2013 at 06:51.
checkster
BANNED
Old 10-30-2013 , 15:34   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #5

Can anyone verify that this can happen ? I have never seen this, and I play a lot off l4d2.
They must have hacked the server it self and use rcon if you ask me.
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-31-2013 , 11:19   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
Can anyone verify that this can happen ? I have never seen this, and I play a lot off l4d2.
They must have hacked the server it self and use rcon if you ask me.
I might me wrong but to me it sounds very much like the server is indeed cracked and that's why the "hackers" are able to spoof their steam IDs and use admin commands
checkster
BANNED
Old 10-31-2013 , 13:49   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #7

Yep sounds odd indeed, I know it can be done with plugins, but never seem it happen with out it.
winged_box
Old 11-06-2013 , 11:59   Re: Can SMAC block spawn hack?
Reply With Quote #8

I think you guys seen it happened before but just probably assumed it's the admin work.

I tried to search on youtube and by far only 1 video have players encounter such hack before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgi0jN0cZA0

Watch it at 0:16 onwards.

About the spoof ID it's just my guessing, the real reason I still don't know how. When the spamming happened I tried to do a status but none of them have the same ID as mine.

I already changed my admin to 'password' setting but few days ago the hacker appear again and did the same thing all over. I already banned him though.

People were asking in my server: "How to get this witch trial hack?"

Last edited by winged_box; 11-06-2013 at 12:00.