Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Is there any way to add an entire folder to the downloads table?

Post New Thread Reply   

LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 07-07-2021 , 22:58   Is there any way to add an entire folder to the downloads table?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, folks. I've got a plugin I'm working on for TF2. In specific, it's Voice Packs - feel free to watch a preview here if you're interested - and it's *this* close to being ready to make public. The only issue is that it doesn't auto-download said voice packs, meaning when a pack is added, server owners would need to manually add every single audio file to their downloads.ini file. Given that voice packs can contain hundreds of files, this is obviously a problem. Thusly, to save time, I was hoping I could make the plugin auto-download an entire folder. Any ideas?
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!

Last edited by LordHotPocketHomicide; 07-08-2021 at 02:47.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2021 , 01:12   Re: Is there any way to add an entire folder to the downloads table?
Reply With Quote #2

You can try using [ANY] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=269792

It does not require you to manually add any filenames to a config. Here is the plugin description:

"This plugin will automatically Precache resources that you've put and register them to Download-Table.

So you don't have to make a list of resources anymore.

Just Add this plugin, and Be free from it."
LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 07-08-2021 , 02:47   Re: Is there any way to add an entire folder to the downloads table?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
You can try using [ANY] S-Downloader : Automated Download & Precache Resources. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=269792

It does not require you to manually add any filenames to a config. Here is the plugin description:

"This plugin will automatically Precache resources that you've put and register them to Download-Table.

So you don't have to make a list of resources anymore.

Just Add this plugin, and Be free from it."
Ah, that's perfect; thanks, man!
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!
MAGNAT2645
Old 07-08-2021 , 13:56   Re: Is there any way to add an entire folder to the downloads table?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHotPocketHomicide View Post
Hey, folks. I've got a plugin I'm working on for TF2. In specific, it's Voice Packs - feel free to watch a preview here if you're interested - and it's *this* close to being ready to make public.
There's already a Voice Changer plugin. But as I understood your plugin also collects sounds into packs and allows you to change your current voice.