Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SDK Hooks 2.1 - Updated 2011-9-10

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Ph03n1X
Old 09-03-2011 , 02:16   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

Native "SDKHook" reported: Hook type not supported on this game

Hook type: SDKHook_ReloadPost
Game: Counter-Strike: Source
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-03-2011 , 11:17   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03n1X View Post
Native "SDKHook" reported: Hook type not supported on this game

Hook type: SDKHook_ReloadPost
Game: Counter-Strike: Source
Has the server been restarted since updating the gamedata?
Ph03n1X
Old 09-03-2011 , 12:25   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

SM autoupdate function overwrite gamedata files provided with latest SDKHooks release. After disabling autoupdate, seems all works fine.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-03-2011 , 12:36   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03n1X View Post
SM autoupdate function overwrite gamedata files provided with latest SDKHooks release. After disabling autoupdate, seems all works fine.
Whoops

I'll fix that shortly

Edit: should be resolved now

Last edited by psychonic; 09-03-2011 at 12:52.
Ph03n1X
Old 09-03-2011 , 12:51   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

Can't get to work WeaponReload hook Seems what callback function doesn't get called.
PHP Code:
public Action:OnWeaponEquip(clientweapon)
{
    if (
CheckClientLevelWeapon(clientweapon)) {
        return 
Plugin_Handled;
    }

PrintToServer("SDKHook_Reload: %d"weapon);

SDKHook(weaponSDKHook_ReloadOnWeaponReload);

return 
Plugin_Continue;
}

public 
Action:OnWeaponReload(weapon)
{

PrintToServer("OnWeaponReload: %d"weapon);
    return 
Plugin_Continue;

el411961
Old 09-03-2011 , 21:42   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

I install the last version of SDKhooks ( hg138 )
Then Restart my server.
Type "meta list" "sm exts list" and "sm plugins list" doesn't appear "SDKhooks are running"

Only have something logs like "sm updating sdkhooks.txt".
Can someone give me a hand=D?

Thanks!

Stan.

Fix .. I pot the last version of ZM then it appeared in my server console LOL..
Thanks!

Last edited by el411961; 09-03-2011 at 23:04.
Antithasys
Old 09-04-2011 , 21:19   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2011 , 09:11   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

How will these extra parameters in the OnTakeDamage hook affect compatibility? r54:b01f47e20b04

The Zombie:Reloaded plugin is compiled for SDK Hooks 1.x and don't have these extra parameters in the callback. I don't think we're using any new features in 2.0 either. What happens when SDK Hooks 2.x try to use this callback? Does it expect one with the extra parameters? I assume SDK Hooks is supposed to be backwards compatible?

Those who have the official 2.0 release (first post in this thread) doesn't have this change, and I don't want to bump SDK Hooks requirements to some random snapshot unless it's officially declared stable.

Maybe it's time to bump the version number to 2.1 or something, since there have been so many changes. And a small request: I'd like to see some dates in the changelog so I can compare the releases with the source repository.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 09-05-2011 at 09:20.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-05-2011 , 11:18   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
How will these extra parameters in the OnTakeDamage hook affect compatibility? r54:b01f47e20b04

The Zombie:Reloaded plugin is compiled for SDK Hooks 1.x and don't have these extra parameters in the callback. I don't think we're using any new features in 2.0 either. What happens when SDK Hooks 2.x try to use this callback? Does it expect one with the extra parameters? I assume SDK Hooks is supposed to be backwards compatible?

Those who have the official 2.0 release (first post in this thread) doesn't have this change, and I don't want to bump SDK Hooks requirements to some random snapshot unless it's officially declared stable.

Maybe it's time to bump the version number to 2.1 or something, since there have been so many changes. And a small request: I'd like to see some dates in the changelog so I can compare the releases with the source repository.
SDKHooks 1.x doesn't work on CS:S anymore so that's no concern for ZR. You're fine to compile if you use one of the prototypes in the 2.x incs (which includes the 1.x proto for that call). Extra params sent are just ignored.

The only issue is would be if you need the extra params. 2.0 sends all but the two new ones. 2.1 will have them. You can compile without them if you don't need them or compile with them, either using them optionally or required. To check that they'll be valid at runtime, you can use GetFeatureStatus(FeatureType_Capability, "SDKHook_DmgCustomInOTD")

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
I'd like to see some dates in the changelog so I can compare the releases with the source repository.
The changelog on the repository page provides all of that info, http://hg.nicholashastings.com/sdkhooks/changelog
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2011 , 11:50   Re: SDK Hooks 2.0 - It's beta time again!

We don't use any of the newer features in our current version. I'm just wondering if SDK Hooks attempts to push parameters that doesn't exist in our callback will cause errors, or corrupt other parameters. As long as it's not corrupting anything and SDK Hooks handle backwards compatibility it's fine.

The changelog I'm talking about is the one in the first post in this thread. The repository changelog doesn't tell when you post a new release note. It's just so that I can pinpoint the exact revision used in a release. Or you could simply tag the revision when you make a release (in addition to those existing tags you have).

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Closed Thread