Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Custom Map Configs (JustinHoMi/JGHG)

Post New Thread Reply   

DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2004 , 16:15  
Reply With Quote #11

It would be nice, similar to the way AM did it... this is a handy plugin...

Vic/DT
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2004 , 16:24  
Reply With Quote #12

yes they said AdminMod has this function and they wanted to include it for AMXX haha. I love this plugin, one of the best things, making it a AMXX core function would be great

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2004 , 16:29  
Reply With Quote #13

that would be cool
Old 04-16-2004 , 16:33  
Reply With Quote #14

As long as they dont make any changes to the filename... changing 300 config files doesn't sound appealing to me
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2004 , 17:17  
Reply With Quote #15

lol Bailopan said something like

de_dust.cfg

soo I guess it wouldnt be changing anything, just changing the location of those files.

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2004 , 18:24  
Reply With Quote #16

i like how svencoop has this built in
Old 05-05-2004 , 19:43  
Reply With Quote #17

would it be possible to update this to accept things like

fy_*.cfg

where *=anyname

because I have a list of fy maps on a server I admin at and I'd like to just have 1 config file for fy maps.

what I'm saying is, can I have this plugin read fy_*.cfg or even fy_.cfg
for any fy map, say I have fy_iceworld and fy_stoneworld, I have 1 fy_ or fy_*.cfg file, it'll ready that 1 file for either map

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2004 , 07:22  
Reply With Quote #18

maybe I dont know, I still wondering if Bailopan is going to accutally even incorpate this into AMXX.

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2004 , 08:47  
Reply With Quote #19

I've already altered the plugin myself and it works (somewhat) still some bugfixes, I've found that my alterations have caused it to not load the server.cfg on a map change that doesn't have a custom config, so I need to fix a couple more things with it, then maybe I'll post it up. And I'll probably throw in other map types too, like ak_ or awp_ or ka_ and stuff like that in the future, but right now all I need is fy_

Last night the FTP to the server I put the plugin on went down so I didn't complete my testing, but I think the latest alteration I did (which forces the server to execute it's server.cfg if there is no custom config file) should work I'll do more in the future, I made a plugin that detected map types instead of individual maps a while back, lost it, but now I'm incorporating it into this.

Now if only I could find that deity plugin my friend wrote....

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2004 , 17:03  
Reply With Quote #20

alright I have the plugin written to work now for awp_ maps and fy_ maps, people start making a list of map types you want me to add support for, for an awp_ map you need awp_.cfg for an fy_ map you need fy_.cfg in the map_configs dir that this plugin requires

*works for aim_ maps now too need aim_.cfg but again MY version of the code isn't released yet. so if you download original you gotta do individual config files. I also have ka_ maps in it now too, you would need ka_.cfg

I'm just going to release the altered code, not the plugin itself, again this is **NOT** my plugin, just some alterations made by me

Code:
public load_config(){     new currentmap[32], filename[128]     get_mapname(currentmap,31)     get_customdir(filepath, 63)     format(filepath, 63, "%s/map_configs/", filepath)     if(equal(currentmap,"fy_",2))     {         new len = format(filename,127,"%sfy_.cfg",filepath)         if (file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)     }     else if(equal(currentmap,"awp_",3))     {         new len = format(filename,127,"%sawp_.cfg",filepath)         if(file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)     }     else if(equal(currentmap,"aim_",3))     {         new len = format(filename,127,"%saim_.cfg",filepath)         if(file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)     }     else if(equal(currentmap,"ka_",2))     {         new len = format(filename,127,"%ska_.cfg",filepath)         if(file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)     }     else if(equal(currentmap,"dm_",2))     {         new len = format(filename,127,"%sdm_.cfg",filepath)         if(file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)     }     else     {      new len = format(filename,127,"%s%s.cfg",filepath,currentmap)         if (file_exists(filename))             set_task(6.1,"delayed_load",0,filename,len+1)         else             set_task(6.1,"",server_cmd("exec server.cfg"))     } }

this is probably not the most efficient way to do this, I probably could have used cases, but this is way I know how to do it simplest. I also decided to force a server.cfg execution since I found that sometimes the server wouldn't do it itself.

Other than this there were no other alterations to the code or additions whatsoever

as of may 9th 2004, I also updated for dm_