Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?

Post New Thread Reply   

doze
Old 09-25-2013 , 01:07   [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I've just opened a l4d2 server and i am trying to figure out for the past 40 min how to add addon campaigns to the mapcyle list OR be able to have them listed when someone wants to change the map (addons is grayed out), i've tried googling and searching around but didn't find any useful info and thought maybe someone here could help me figure it out, would be very much appreciated !

Last edited by doze; 09-25-2013 at 02:04.
winged_box
Old 09-28-2013 , 10:14   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #2

I'm trying to figure that out too, will update you once I know how to do it.
doze
Old 10-02-2013 , 08:09   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
I'm trying to figure that out too, will update you once I know how to do it.
Thanks, i'll post back also if i figure out a way to do it.
doze
Old 10-07-2013 , 15:58   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #4

No one knows ? I would figure its something very easy but yet i am not able to find any way to do it.
doze
Old 03-06-2014 , 00:39   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #5

Wow, no reply in half a year, really no one knows how to do this guys ?

I've searched all over the net....didnt find anything useful.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-06-2014 , 19:00   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #6

Here are a couple ways to use custom maps on your server, although there are probably other ways as well.

Admin selects custom map:
1. Upload the custom map .vpk file to your server's .../left4dead2/addons folder
2. Restart your server
3. Open the admin menu, select "Server Commands", then select "Choose Map", then select the fist map of the custom campaign. That's it.

Add Custom Maps to map Rotation using ACS:
1. Download Automatic Campaign Switcher source file
2. *Edit the .sp file to include any custom maps you want available for voting and/or as a part of the campaign rotation.
3. Compile the .sp and upload the .smx file to the server's sourcemod/plugins folder
4. Upload the .vpk file for any custom maps you have included in the ACS voting/rotation to your server's .../left4dead2/addons folder
5. Restart you server
6. Set the ACS options to you liking in .../left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/Automatic_Campaign_Switcher_v1.2.2.cfg
7. Restart you server

*When editing the ACS source file to change the campaign list for coop and versus modes there are several sections that must be edited:

Near the top of the .sp file this section has to have the correct number of campaigns, so edit the value accordingly:
Code:
//Define the number of campaigns and maps in rotation
#define NUMBER_OF_CAMPAIGNS            13       /* CHANGE TO MATCH THE TOTAL NUMBER OF CAMPAIGNS */
#define NUMBER_OF_SCAVENGE_MAPS        13        /* CHANGE TO MATCH THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SCAVENGE MAPS */
Further down is the section listing all of the campaigns. This is where you will add your custom campaigns. You must edit all three sections including First map of the Campaign, Last map of the Campaign, and Campaign Name (this is what will appear in the voting menu). Make sure to follow the syntax and number sequence exactly:
Spoiler
In this example I have replaced The Parish with the custom map Dark Parish. You could just as easily add Dark Parish or any other custom map without replacing the existing official maps. The indcluded campaigns and their order are completely up to you.

Another example:
Spoiler
Here Dark Parish is added as an additional campaign. Note the numbering sequence and that the total number of campaigns has increased to 14.

Have fun,

PG

Last edited by PatriotGames; 03-06-2014 at 19:07. Reason: clarity...
doze
Old 03-07-2014 , 02:35   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #7

Thank you very much for your post, i appreciate the effort you put into writing it.

I have one more question for you or anyone else that knows, i would like to have a vote option for custom campaigns, so players that are on the server could vote for Dark Parish as an example or any other addon that is on the server, i think this is already possible with with the built in sourcemod vote plugin, BUT, is there any way for the actual campaign name to display ? players will get confused when seeing c5m1_darkwaterfront or similar.

It's really stupid i can't seem to find ANY information about this stuff anywhere, very frustrating.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2014 , 15:07   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doze View Post
Thank you very much for your post, i appreciate the effort you put into writing it.

I have one more question for you or anyone else that knows, i would like to have a vote option for custom campaigns, so players that are on the server could vote for Dark Parish as an example or any other addon that is on the server, i think this is already possible with with the built in sourcemod vote plugin, BUT, is there any way for the actual campaign name to display ? players will get confused when seeing c5m1_darkwaterfront or similar.

It's really stupid i can't seem to find ANY information about this stuff anywhere, very frustrating.
doze,

You are welcome.

ACS already provides automated map voting during the finale of each campaign, if enabled in the plugin, and automatic rotation to the next campaign as defined in the .sp file. Again, any map, official or custom, that is listed in the .sp file will be included in the map voting options and in the automated campaign rotation.

Regarding the map name displayed when voting, it is the name you set in the Campaign Name section of the .sp file:
Code:
//Campaign Names
Format(g_strCampaignName[0], 32, "No Mercy");
Format(g_strCampaignName[1], 32, "Crash Course");
Format(g_strCampaignName[2], 32, "Death Toll");
Format(g_strCampaignName[3], 32, "Dead Air");
Format(g_strCampaignName[4], 32, "Blood Harvest");
Format(g_strCampaignName[5], 32, "Dead Center");
Format(g_strCampaignName[6], 32, "The Sacrifice");
Format(g_strCampaignName[7], 32, "The Passing");
Format(g_strCampaignName[8], 32, "Dark Carnival");
Format(g_strCampaignName[9], 32, "Swamp Fever");
Format(g_strCampaignName[10], 32, "Hard Rain");
Format(g_strCampaignName[11], 32, "Dark Parish");
Format(g_strCampaignName[12], 32, "Cold Stream");
When voting for a map, players will see the map names as defined in this section of the plugin, so Dark Parish would be the map name shown in the vote, and not c5m1_darkwaterfront.

Have fun,

PG
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2014 , 15:39   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotGames View Post
doze,

You are welcome.

ACS already provides automated map voting during the finale of each campaign, if enabled in the plugin, and automatic rotation to the next campaign as defined in the .sp file. Again, any map, official or custom, that is listed in the .sp file will be included in the map voting options and in the automated campaign rotation.

Regarding the map name displayed when voting, it is the name you set in the Campaign Name section of the .sp file:
Code:
//Campaign Names
Format(g_strCampaignName[0], 32, "No Mercy");
Format(g_strCampaignName[1], 32, "Crash Course");
Format(g_strCampaignName[2], 32, "Death Toll");
Format(g_strCampaignName[3], 32, "Dead Air");
Format(g_strCampaignName[4], 32, "Blood Harvest");
Format(g_strCampaignName[5], 32, "Dead Center");
Format(g_strCampaignName[6], 32, "The Sacrifice");
Format(g_strCampaignName[7], 32, "The Passing");
Format(g_strCampaignName[8], 32, "Dark Carnival");
Format(g_strCampaignName[9], 32, "Swamp Fever");
Format(g_strCampaignName[10], 32, "Hard Rain");
Format(g_strCampaignName[11], 32, "Dark Parish");
Format(g_strCampaignName[12], 32, "Cold Stream");
When voting for a map, players will see the map names as defined in this section of the plugin, so Dark Parish would be the map name shown in the vote, and not c5m1_darkwaterfront.

Have fun,

PG
Ugh, this is the kind of things config files, such as KeyValues, were invented for.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2014 , 16:10   Re: [L4D2]How to add addon campaigns to mapcycle ?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Ugh, this is the kind of things config files, such as KeyValues, were invented for.
This is how the ACS plugin was coded and I am just trying to explain to the OP how to edit the campaign list.

Can you provide a example of how to use your method to accomplish what the OP is asking for in L4D2?

Thank you,

PG