Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 12-Mar-2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jammy
Old 09-29-2014 , 12:58   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Which round end event are you hooking? TF2 fires teamplay_round_win and arena_win_panel at the end of an arena round.
The only params saysounds had are:
TF2 Round Events

"action" "round"

"param" "stalemate"
"param" "suddendeath"
"param" "won"
"param" "lost"

I've been using "won" as my param and "round" as the action. Maybe say sounds needs updating to include arenas events?

Last edited by Jammy; 09-29-2014 at 12:59.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2014 , 15:06   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #22

No idea man, I do not think this plugin is related to that. If you are not convinced, try getting saysounds to work without this plugin. Probably a typo in the saysounds config file.
Old 09-29-2014 , 15:15   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
The only params saysounds had are:
TF2 Round Events

"action" "round"

"param" "stalemate"
"param" "suddendeath"
"param" "won"
"param" "lost"

I've been using "won" as my param and "round" as the action. Maybe say sounds needs updating to include arenas events?
Looking through the saysounds code, round end events are only being hooked for CS:S (and maybe CS:GO).
Old 09-29-2014 , 15:51   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
No idea man, I do not think this plugin is related to that. If you are not convinced, try getting saysounds to work without this plugin. Probably a typo in the saysounds config file.
Thanks, yeah I just wanted to ask to make sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Looking through the saysounds code, round end events are only being hooked for CS:S (and maybe CS:GO).
Thanks for looking into this for me, not even your plugins and you took the initiative. Very honorable does your findings mean I shouldn't be using action round at all? Or that say sounds is not the plugin to use for end round events for arena servers?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2014 , 16:34   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
Thanks, yeah I just wanted to ask to make sure

Thanks for looking into this for me, not even your plugins and you took the initiative. Very honorable does your findings mean I shouldn't be using action round at all? Or that say sounds is not the plugin to use for end round events for arena servers?
Ideally, saysounds will be updated to support round end in more games including TF2. It already blocks TF2's existing round end sounds (which use an event, teamplay_broadcast_audio specifically).
Old 10-02-2014 , 21:52   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #26

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the advertisement thing in this plugin is printing res> before the ad.

Code:
Res> Capturing the control point will respawn your teammates!
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2014 , 23:18   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #27

That's the plugin prefix I chose. Could as well be [Res], just wanted to do something different. All chat messages should be prefixed with it.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 10-02-2014 at 23:18.
King Cnut
Old 10-03-2014 , 08:05   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #28

Apparently using this plugin infuriates the arena respawn guys from what I'm reading. Claiming this plugin is theirs?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2014 , 09:43   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #29

Heh, oh well. The first post is very straight forward about what this plugin is. I only made and released this because I wanted to try out the gameplay on my arena server, it took little time to put together a prototype, and because they are keeping their mod private.
Old 10-03-2014 , 10:05   Re: [TF2] Resurrection - Respawn in Arena Mode (updated 29-Sep-2014)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
Heh, oh well. The first post is very straight forward about what this plugin is. I only made and released this because I wanted to try out the gameplay on my arena server, it took little time to put together a prototype, and because they are keeping their mod private.
SPEAKING of which, what ever happened to releasing Stop That Tank publicly?