Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Realistic Bullet: Real-Life Bullet physics to CS - FINAL VERSION

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2020 , 14:29   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #31

If playing a mod outside of cstrike all the cstrike specific events crash. I posted details on my first 2019 post; just 3 up. For instance:
Quote:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: EV_Precache: file events/decal_reset.sc missing from server.
HLTV is not coded to make this plugin work with all mods. Those 2 types of problems still exist reviewing script header.

Plugin did turn FF on by surprise and makes the bots ruthless. Their aim suddenly got super deadly.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-18-2020 at 11:22.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2020 , 15:54   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #32

I dont see any reason for the FFA gets turned on suddenly. Also, the modification is now for CS only.

Edit:
Updated the body hit code, now it actually detects which part of the body the bullet just hit, such as head, chest, stomach or legs.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 12-17-2020 at 21:23.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2020 , 22:14   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #33

Did some work. Got it working in HL. Needs a little more time before I share.
Old 12-18-2020 , 08:56   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #34

I'm still workin' on some plugins of mine to make them up to date. The next step is making the accuracy better, little details and also, the bullet penetration to finish it, the rest, for me, already makes me happy.

Any suggestions would hep as well.

EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2020 , 15:25   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #35

Released the v1.5:

Spoiler

Shot the enemy through the wall at the B bombsite (the one from T spawn) with the AK-47, this was the output with all new calculations avaliable

Code:
L 12/25/2020 - 17:14:29: [bulletSpeed.amxx] Bullet hit enemy, default damage: 30.6
L 12/25/2020 - 17:14:29: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by kevlar check: 30.6 (the enemy did not have kevlar)
L 12/25/2020 - 17:14:29: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by penetration check: 21.8
L 12/25/2020 - 17:14:29: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by distance check: 20.7
The bullet hit the stomach, the final damage with no kevlar was 20.7, you can just divide it by the default kevlar value, which is 0.68, and the final damage with the AK-47 would be 14.4, which is a good value to be taken.

Shot with the AWP, same place:

Code:
L 12/25/2020 - 17:16:55: [bulletSpeed.amxx] Bullet hit enemy, default damage: 97.7
L 12/25/2020 - 17:16:55: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by kevlart check: 97.7
L 12/25/2020 - 17:16:55: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by penetration check: 69.8
L 12/25/2020 - 17:16:55: [bulletSpeed.amxx] (1) Calculation by distance check: 68.6
The bullet hit the stomach, the final damage with no kevlar was 68.6, you can just divide it by the default kevlar value, which is 0.68, and the final damage with the AWP would be 46.6 (almost the same value as the default one taken by the default bullet of the game).

Couldn't see how I could've remove the default bullet spark effect without removing the weapon firing sound, so if anyone has any idea, I would love to know.

New physics of the bullets (like ricochet, new direction after penetration, etc..) and more effects (like bullet hit sounds in concrete, metal, glass, wood, etc...) are coming to this plugin, will release soon.
I still need to make it work with some others MODs as other people asked, but currently i'm giving more attention to the physics, which is what makes it more different than others kind of plugins.

Last edited by EFFx; 12-26-2020 at 01:28.
loiraolhosazul
Old 12-26-2020 , 11:26   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #36

Use static in fwPlaybackEvent, is often called
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2020 , 12:47   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #37

No it's not.

sanamk
Old 12-28-2020 , 07:25   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoivoDpl View Post
This doesn't block original damage / original "bullets" (at least for me). Also it doesn't support hit places and wallshots right ? And if shooting through "walls" would be added I recommend adding ome tv variable penetration based on weapon, texture and bullet travel distance .
Wow, It's great.
I am enjoying it.
Old 12-28-2020 , 08:43   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #39

It's already implemented.

EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2021 , 15:59   Re: Bullet Speed Management
Reply With Quote #40

Updated the plugin to v1.6

. Added ricochet feature.
. Added support for each weapon, this can be edited in a .ini file
{
- Bullet velocity
- Bullet-drop
- Bullet base damage
- Max angle to ricochet
- Max penetration factor (how deep bullet can penetrate through entities)

}

. Added a feature that changes the bullet direction after a penetration.
. Increasement of blood effect after the bullet hit a player.
. Added smoke effect on bullet hit.

. Added a new way of penetrating:
{
- When a bullet is fired, some of them by default have a value to penetrate depending of the ammo penetration factor
which says that every 100 units of penetration, equals 1 penetration.
- After the min value of penetration is set, there's gonna be a check to see if the entity that the bullet
is going to to penetrate is more thick than the bullet max penetration factor (eg: 274u concrete wall vs 192 max penetration factor = it'll not penetrate).
- Also, there's a check to see if the texture of the entity that the bullet is going to penetrate is too dense (e.g metal and concrete), the-
ammo penetration factor is decresed 35% of it's default value.
- After every penetration, the ammo penetration factor decreases and the bullet travels slower than before with a specific calculation.
- After the new velocity calculation, there's gonna be a check to return how fast is the bullet.
- If the bullet is still fast enough to penetrate, it'll continue penetrating if the max penetration set is reached (I couldn't see the sense of making the bullet penetrate more than two times in the game because most of the maps doesn't have too many thin entities to penetrate them all, so I thought it was just a waste of time to make it avaliable anyway), if it reaches a velocity that is physically impossible to penetrate any longer-
or if the new ammo penetration factor set after the penetration is too thin to continue penetrating (e.g: bullet too weak/damaged).
}

================
With the new update, it is possible to kill an enemy with a lot of variables throughout the bullet's travel. Like killing an enemy with a head shot from 100 meters, through two doors after ricocheting the bullet.

I'm still reading and watching more stuff about balistics to understand how bullets works and then reproduce it in-game, it's good to acknowledge that anyways.

Last edited by EFFx; 01-04-2021 at 23:27.
Old 01-04-2021, 20:00
EFFx
This message has been deleted by EFFx. Reason: jesus...