Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

(Another) Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I

Post New Thread Reply   

XDementorX
Old 08-17-2010 , 07:57   (Another) Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I
Reply With Quote #1

Well I am working on a map and after I uploaded it to the server I switched it over to the map and read in HLSW:
Code:
Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I Model 'models/w_medkit.mdl' failed to precache because the item count is over the 512 limit.
So I was like, okay how did I go over 512, there is no way. It even runs fine when I tested it in-game, it's such an unreasonable error to give when the evidence says otherwise. I opened the BSP in BSPEdit to see how many models/brush models I have and it counts to 318. That's a 194 difference. I barely have any regular models used, but it is an EntMod map so I have a lot of func_walls although clearly it's under 512.

I gave the map to a friend and let him try it and it works for him just fine on his local machine and on his local dedicated server as well. It seems the error only comes up on rented dedicated servers..

What is wrong here? I am utterly confused and just so frustrated with this engine. I know it was all done in 1998 but still, could have updated it for this generation of hardware so we wouldn't have to deal with all this bullsh*t. Really I had to set -texdata and -lightdata and -chop to much higher quantities to even compile my map, it's ridiculous.

Well anyways, I'm just looking for help, if you got any I would appreciate it.

Last edited by XDementorX; 08-17-2010 at 08:07. Reason: No reason.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-17-2010 , 08:52   Re: (Another) Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I
Reply With Quote #2

Simple, you are precaching to much. If you believe otherwise, show us your plugins list and tell us what map it is

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
XDementorX
Old 08-17-2010 , 21:08   Re: (Another) Host_Error: PF_precache_model_I
Reply With Quote #3

Ah yes, you are right. I forgot about my plugins,
I have fireworks.. that would do it.
I took that out and now it's working, thanks for the reminder.
The map is ent_city_rp, a map I am working on combining EntMod and TSRP.