[L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-22-2017 , 11:05   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Doesn't appear to be working. No errors in log - but no items are in the backpack when starting out (even though set in cfg).
yah its been awhile since ive used this old version, ive been working on a new version 1.0 which brings a massive amount of new features, optimizations, and also corrects the starting backpack item content, cant give an exact ETA but i can say i'll try to push the update within January. It will also combine some functionality of Improved Multiple Equipment, including primary and secondary allowing 2 of each...Its a game changer for this plugin 😁
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-29-2018 , 13:59   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #22

v1.0
Major rewrite fixed many bugs and did many optimizations.
Recreated the admin backpack menu to work much better.
Item switching can now be done pressing number keys(NGBUCKWANGS).
Added ability to drop items holding your RELOAD button(NGBUCKWANGS).
Added single tap and double tap option for item switching.
Added ThirdpersonShoulder Detect Plugin support.
Fixed starting backpack content???

Known Bug - On very rare situations weapon switching can break.
I haven't narrowed it down yet but i've minimized the issue.
If this happens just switch to a primary and then try again.

Consider this a 1.0 beta version, still needs a lot more code cleanup and optimizations.
Thank you Lux and NGBUCKWANGS for help with testing and code.
chatyak
Old 05-29-2018 , 14:12   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #23

Thanks guys - all of you - will upload and test it out.
XResidentEvilX
Old 06-14-2018 , 09:51   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #24

hello man, i am using this plugin already since Oshroths version, and i like it. some new feature are better, some not.

here now my critic/bug-report about version 1.0 relating to 0.9 (i am still using 0.9 even if it has known bugs) but the new one has more bugs and don't working features, unfortunately).

Pro:
-> that double tap feature to switch between the items of the same slot, for example pills/adrenaline works good, and makes the use easier and faster
-> the native pills/adrenaline pass from player to player seems to work now better.
-> and even the pick up is now easier (before u need to aim accurate at them until u could pick them up, now u have a more far range to do so).

Contra:
-> first of all, the startmeds still don't work. (not in 0.9 not in 1.0)
-> the adjust no. of transportable items isn't working, even if u set it to 9, u still can carry only 2 of each kind, and additionally very annoying is that u still can pick up more items, that disapear then from the map. no others can take it anymore, and u don't have it in your pack.
-> skip of the incapped pickup (that was one of my favorite feature in the old version, before i used a special plugin to do that job)
-> the new code is to polluted, is that really all necessary? ca. 3500 lines code sequences? less is often more. (big codes providing many sources of bugs and errors)
-> The drop function is a good idea, but works only if u stand still for more than two seconds pressing the reload button. that fact makes the feature not really usable in the game. before i had extra a item drop plugin, that unfortunately dont works anymore.

Resume: I would wish a version based on 0.9, but with a cleaned code. for example, skip that start meds sequences totally, there are many easier plugins and ways to do the job, and by now, they almost never work reliable, but blow up the code. leave the incapped pickup inside, and even the old menu and storage system, that works without bugs. but add the double tab feature and if its possible without creating the weapon switch bug. remove the delay at the drop function and use instead of the reload button simply the zoom button. and take care that u can drop the items while moving. Then it makes sense, pass by an incapped teammate, and drop the pills, he crawl on the ground and pick them up (if the right plugin is used, he can use them to revive him self). fix the bugs in version 0.9 that created when sometimes cant pick up pills/adrenaline if the slot is full with it already. and also leave the ability to drop the pack items on player death. so at least the other team members can use them.
Then this plugin would be the perfect addendum , and able to fit pretty good into different mods.

finally let me thx u for your great and hard work. as amateur scriptor i know how much time such projects consume, and how nervy it can be, until the code is finally working the way u want it, without or at least a minimum of bugs.

Last edited by XResidentEvilX; 06-14-2018 at 10:02.
Emilio3
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #25

Master in this version e cvar l4d_backpack_death_drop, "0" not working because drop all item when dead in old version working beta. can you fix this

Last edited by Emilio3; 06-14-2018 at 10:07.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:12   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #26

Damn u guys...I broke more than I fixed huh...lol. Appreciate all the info. I'll work on everything you both mentioned thoroughly when time permits. My problem is i've been doing most of the testing on my own under very specific circumstances. I always use 2 items, it should be working right but i'll check it out. Never switched or changed the death drop option. So your information as to things I never really touched helps a lot. Also yes 3500 lines of code is insane for this plugin, over time i'll widdle it down more. As of right now this was a beta version due to the fact i promised to release it much earlier than I did and kinda rushed it out. But again thanks for the good feedback from both of you and i'll get on it as soon as possible.

P.S. Keep a close eye on the quantities of your backpack, someone gave me a heads up there quantities kept screwing up, item counts disappearing and etc...i'm gonna try and consolidate and improve upon the quantity handling.
XResidentEvilX
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:22   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #27

and i forgot another bug:

Contra:
-> also the item storage of the same slot isnt working correctly. often i pick up adrenaline, then pills, and i want to switch back to the adrenaline, i picked up before, non there anymore. not in the pack, not with double tap. its just deleted.

if u need somebody for live-test, feel free to ask me, i will help u with pleasure to test the plug in real circumstances

thx again ;)

Last edited by XResidentEvilX; 06-14-2018 at 10:24.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:27   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by XResidentEvilX View Post
and i forgot another bug:

Contra:
-> also the item storage of the same slot isnt working correctly. often i pick up adrenaline, then pills, and i want to switch back to the adrenaline, i picked up before, non there anymore. not in the pack, not with double tap. its just deleted.

if u need somebody for live-test, feel free to ask me, i will help u with pleasure to test the plug in real circumstances

thx again ;)
Cool that's just confirming the other bug my friend mentioned. I'll let you know when I start testing.
XResidentEvilX
Old 06-14-2018 , 10:36   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #29

sure, i will take time then. c u around mate
Emilio3
Old 07-17-2018 , 15:27   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #30

Master the Random color working beta.
#define MDL_BP "models/props_collectables/backpack.mdl"
PHP Code:
static const int aColor[][] =
{
    {
413633},
    {
02550},
    {
25500},
    {
00255},
    {
2552150},
    {
255255255},
    {
000},
    {
0255255},
    {
72209204},
    {
0191255},
    {
30144255},
    {
2552550},
    {
255105180},
    {
1280128},
    {
255690}
};

int color GetRandomInt(114);

char sModel[64];

GetEntPropString(clientProp_Data"m_ModelName"sModelsizeof(sModel));
    switch(
sModel[29])
    {
        case 
'b'://nick

DispatchKeyValue(entity"model"MDL_BP), SetEntityRenderColor(entityaColor[color][0], aColor[color][1], aColor[color][2], 255);
        case 
'd'://rochelle

DispatchKeyValue(entity"model"MDL_BP), SetEntityRenderColor(entityaColor[color][0], aColor[color][1], aColor[color][2], 255);
        case 
'c'://coach

case 
'h'://ellis

case 
'v'://bill

case 
'n'://zoey

case 
'e'://francis

case 
'a'://louis

DispatchKeyValue(ientity"model"MDL_BP), SetEntityRenderColor(entityaColor[color][0], aColor[color][1], aColor[color][2], 255);
        case 
'w'://adawong

} 

Last edited by Emilio3; 09-16-2018 at 05:45.