[L4D2] Karma Charge

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 13:28   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Well, 9 surviors and 9 infecteds almost getting frozen becuase someone did a sucessfull charge looks stupid too. Imagine on c5m5 which was obviosly ment for the survivors to be running

I guess I will have to try and fix it myself then.
I be looking forward to this fix.

Having everyone else forced to do Zed Time because of 2 other players is stupid, personally I would prefer to have the other players see the other two players locked in Zed Time better even if they look like they are frozen in midair, that's if they even see them, would look odd at first, but once everyone understands what it is, they would like it.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 13:30   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Where is that funny impression im coding for 10on10 servers coming from, anyway. I am not.
Jeez. It's already clear that you don't want to make the change, but don't put up nonsense like that as it will bring more discussion.

And if you must know why your plugins are used more heavily on 8+ servers.
Coulden't that be becuase the 4v4 community only likes cevo/srs mode and hate actual plugins that changes the game? That was always my impression, that 4v4 players never liked modded servers (with exceptions of course)
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-15-2010 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #23

Well at least one guy seems to be happy the way it is, if you only can reach one person right?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 14:25   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #24

This plugin is just WRONG for 10on10 servers, on top of that with plugins that allow people to spawn 3 chargers at once or 5 in a row.

Im not going to try a shitty adaption to environments it simply doesnt fit in.
marvel
BANNED
Old 07-15-2010 , 18:45   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
This plugin is just WRONG for 10on10 servers, on top of that with plugins that allow people to spawn 3 chargers at once or 5 in a row.

Im not going to try a shitty adaption to environments it simply doesnt fit in.
Your choice of course and I respect the time and effort you put in these plugins but then don't expect anybody to adopt your plugin.

U wanna do 8 players max only? That's fine with me but you will probably reach like 1% of the server owners in here. Like Visual said, 8vs players only want CEVO or Vanilla, no fancy stuff like this and they will rage instantly when they see this, I know so from experience.

Besides that, 10vs10 never seemed to be a problem until I mentioned it so I suggest you edit the OP and let people know that this plugin is only supported to 8 players max and that you are not willing to do anything about that. It would save us all a lot of discussion.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 20:08   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #26

i love how every 16+ server operator in l4d2 assumes that every plugin must be fully compatible with their server.

not all plugins are suited for all games. this is clearly one that is better with less people/less overly modified game settings.

one thing you could do is to not count bots... if a bot charger kills a bot survivor - who really cares to see that in slow-mo? i wouldnt mind using this in coop games, but they aren't always 4 humans (and really - vs games arent always 8/10/../20 either).
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 07:52   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
I be looking forward to this fix.

Having everyone else forced to do Zed Time because of 2 other players is stupid, personally I would prefer to have the other players see the other two players locked in Zed Time better even if they look like they are frozen in midair, that's if they even see them, would look odd at first, but once everyone understands what it is, they would like it.
It's harder then I thought. Been adding checks so the plugin would slow down the charger only, but the problem seems to be the CreateEntitiyByName and the DispatchKeyvalues. When they are changed, the whole server gets a slowmotion effect. Need to find another way to use CreateEntityByName and DispatchKeyValue on a single client, then we have a working version.

Last edited by Visual77; 07-16-2010 at 08:08.
Big Myke
Old 07-16-2010 , 10:01   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #28

Can we get a cvar to toggle on/off the notification?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 11:44   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #29

@Myke
You can.

@marvel and Visual
I added the ConVar you so relentlessly demanded. Ive also put you both on my Ignore List, in case you wonder when i utterly disregard your comments in the future.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 12:29   Re: [L4D2] Karma Charge
Reply With Quote #30

figures.. i just downloaded it 30 mins before your update.

so no filtering out bot on bot action?

also:
now that you appeased the 10v10, you might find your going to get another gripe (although not by those 2 guys).. need to track every charger.. eg: chargerTimer -> chargerTimer[MAXPLAYERS+1]
you hook enable and height, but not duration? and now the new convars.. which arent as important to hook i guess. if you change the height, the duration needs to change as well (unless you want to calculate it).
when you create the entity and dispatch it, you dont check for validity.. this could result in errors. fix:
PHP Code:
    new ent CreateEntityByName("func_timescale");
    if (
ent != -1)
    {

DispatchKeyValue(ent"desiredTimescale"desiredTimeScale);

DispatchKeyValue(ent"acceleration"re_Acceleration);

DispatchKeyValue(ent"minBlendRate"minBlendRate);

DispatchKeyValue(ent"blendDeltaMultiplier"blendDeltaMultiplier);

new 
bool:valid DispatchSpawn(ent);
        if (