Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Can it collect stats but not be accessible for clients?

Post New Thread Reply   

Poorlaggedman
Old 04-17-2014 , 01:42   Can it collect stats but not be accessible for clients?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi.

I host in a HL2 mod called Resistance and Liberation.

I've seen it used so I know it works for the mod. But the catch is that I only want it for data collection purposes. To ID regular players and help organize the community a little better.

I don't want players to be able to access their kill-death stats in-game.

The reason is that the gameplay relies on there being no individual score to promote teamwork. It works very well and it has a negative effect when HL stats is installed and accessible as players start competing in kills more instead of purely winning the game round as a team.

So is there a way to have HLstats still collect data but not kill data... or just not be accessible in-game (by typing "rank" or "session," etc)?

Thanks

Edit:

I noticed in the FAQ a common problem was the in-game stats not working and the problem being

Quote:
The rcon password the server and the hlstats webpage aren't the same
Does that mean stats will still be logged on the webserver?

Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 04-17-2014 at 03:19.
abr
Old 04-17-2014 , 10:53   Re: Can it collect stats but not be accessible for clients?
Reply With Quote #2

In the sourcemod\scripting\hlstatsx.sp, in the beginning there is a list of in-game commands:
Quote:
new const String: blocked_commands[][] = { "rank", "skill", "points", "place", "session", "session_data",
"kpd", "kdratio", "kdeath", "next", "load", "status", "servers",
"servers 3", "hlx", "hlstatsx", "help" };
so you can remove from it commands "rank", "session", etc, then recompile plugin and update it in plugins folder.