Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server

Post New Thread Reply   

WalterWhite
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:14   Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all.

I have a locally hosted dedicated Team Fortress 2 server. I updated it yesterday after the patch and have two issues now. One minor and one major.

Major Issue:

When I connect to my server, my mouse sensitivity is completely through the roof, like one inch for a 360 degree turn. The options show my sens. being correct and my mouse DPI switcher works properly and my .cfg files setting my sensitivity are all correct.

What I have tried is connecting to other servers and my sensitivity is just fine in other servers. Just goes screwy in my own server.

I got my brother to connect to my server and his sensitivity was all screwed up too. Not only that, but the viewmodels were messed up too. To me, his character was not running, just gliding around the map. Arms and legs not moving when reloading, stuff like that. He said that's how I looked to him.

Minor Issue:

When I start my server, the server console messages end with "Fetched 1164333 bytes item schema version D5612CBF via HTTP; update is queued."

What is this and what do I do to make it go away? If an update is queued, updating the server a second and third has not done anything.

It also says the same thing in my client console when I start Team Fortress 2, but with an additional message, "Applying new item schema, version D5612CBF".

Why is an update queued if it's correctly applying the new item schema?

What's going on here?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:20   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Hello all.

I have a locally hosted dedicated Team Fortress 2 server. I updated it yesterday after the patch and have two issues now. One minor and one major.

Major Issue:

When I connect to my server, my mouse sensitivity is completely through the roof, like one inch for a 360 degree turn. The options show my sens. being correct and my mouse DPI switcher works properly and my .cfg files setting my sensitivity are all correct.

What I have tried is connecting to other servers and my sensitivity is just fine in other servers. Just goes screwy in my own server.

I got my brother to connect to my server and his sensitivity was all screwed up too. Not only that, but the viewmodels were messed up too. To me, his character was not running, just gliding around the map. Arms and legs not moving when reloading, stuff like that. He said that's how I looked to him.
Another thread (link coming soon) on the Source DS board was about this same issue.

Quote:
Minor Issue:

When I start my server, the server console messages end with "Fetched 1164333 bytes item schema version D5612CBF via HTTP; update is queued."

What is this and what do I do to make it go away? If an update is queued, updating the server a second and third has not done anything.

It also says the same thing in my client console when I start Team Fortress 2, but with an additional message, "Applying new item schema, version D5612CBF".

Why is an update queued if it's correctly applying the new item schema?

What's going on here?
The server always seems to queue schema updates like that, at least since Valve moved to the schema system a year or two ago. It may be because yesterday's second schema update was a client-only update.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-01-2012 at 15:24.
WalterWhite
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:24   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #3

So regarding the queue update, nothing to worry about? I'm not missing or lacking anything?

As for the other thread, the one you linked to has nothing to do with mouse sensitivity going through the roof, as far as I can tell.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:24   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
So regarding the queue update, nothing to worry about? I'm not missing or lacking anything?
It appears to be completely normal.

Quote:
As for the other thread, the one you linked to has nothing to do with mouse sensitivity going through the roof, as far as I can tell.
Yeah, I linked to the wrong thread... searching for the other thread now.

Sorry, it was this thread on SourceMod General.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-01-2012 at 15:25.
WalterWhite
Old 06-01-2012 , 15:25   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #5

Whew. I was worried that I was going to catch a beat down for being too dumb to see it.
WalterWhite
Old 06-01-2012 , 16:22   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #6

Thanks for the help. The fix provided in the link worked like a charm.

I wasn't expecting you to simply edit your post and so I'm all sitting around waiting for an e-mail notification that you'd replied.

Bacon for you good sir.

Also, sincerest apologies I didn't check the SM General forum for any relevant threads.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2012 , 17:07   Re: Mouse Sens Super High After 5/30 Update on Local Ded Server
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Thanks for the help. The fix provided in the link worked like a charm.

I wasn't expecting you to simply edit your post and so I'm all sitting around waiting for an e-mail notification that you'd replied.

Bacon for you good sir.

Also, sincerest apologies I didn't check the SM General forum for any relevant threads.
I have a nasty tendency to go back and edit posts.