Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]

Post New Thread Reply   

nklinker
Old 06-23-2010 , 16:16   Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #1

I'm on a mission. I know this is my first post but whatever I need some help and I think I have some great ideas on how to block LSS (LUA) Scripts from being on the server.

Please note : I do NOT want to use KAC because my server is my clan scrim server and one of my leaders is KAC-banned.
Also, I'M NOT THE BEST SCRIPTER, I DON'T KNOW MUCH AT ALL.

I just have some ideas.

Idea #1, if anyone types anything ".lua" (that's what ALL LSS (LUA) scripts end with and is NEEDED to load the LSS (LUA) script.) then they automatically get banned.

Idea #2, if their cstrike consists of a folder named "lua" (you need this in your cstrike folder to use LSS (LUA) scripts) they are to be watched/kicked/banned.

I recently download LSS (LUA) and set it up to take a look at how it's built for some more ideas on how to block it. When I open the .vdf that comes with it with wordpad it shows this:

Code:

"Plugin"
{
"file" "../cstrike/addons/LSS"
}
The cstrike/addons/LSS is a .txt file that has the command to load the script.
Example : My LSS.txt has only the word 'haha' (obviously without quotes) typed in it, that's all that is in the .txt. I have a wallhack.lua script in the "lua" folder in cstrike (where you put the .lua scripts).

This is how it works:

I open CS:S, go to a game server and type in "haha wallhack.lua model" in console and then type bind "f12" haha wallhack.lua model and then hit f12 and it displays the same wireframe as r_drawothermodels 2 does.
(I was using DeToCs earlier and it was not detecting this, was pissing me off. That's why I need to block it)

This is what my wallhack script says, (the r_drawothermodels part) :
Code:
 if args=="model" then
  if getCVar("r_drawothermodels") == "1" then
   setCVar("r_drawothermodels","2")
  elseif getCVar("r_drawothermodels") == "2" then
   setCVar("r_drawothermodels","1")
  else
   setCVar("r_drawothermodels","1")
  end
 else
  print("You dont write model behind wallhack.lua !")
en
So somehow it is forcing r_drawothermodels 2 instead of 1.

If ANYONE could please help me with this I would REALLY appreciate it.
If my ideas won't work please don't flame me I'm not a good coder I just know there has to be a way to block any kind of .lua from being in console.

I mean somehow the server checks to see if you have the right map for a server, why can't it check to see if you have lua scripts?
And you can kick people automatically for them typing sv_cheats 1 into console so why can't you kick them automatically for typing anything that involves .lua into console?

PLEASE help! I miss the good old scrim days without LUA and the need for KAC. (Since some of my leaders are KAC-banned.)
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2010 , 17:52   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #2

Have you think try SourceMod plugin
Rcon locker / exploit fix

And maybe this help also Forlix FloodCheck

Last edited by Bacardi; 06-23-2010 at 18:11.
Samantha
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-23-2010 , 18:21   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #3

I would try this at first. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...hlight=blocker

It might not work since that is client side but it might ban anyone who types that in, so give it a try

Plugins
Godmode Until Attack | No Block Team Filter
Extensions
Rcon Hooks
Death [GER]
Old 06-24-2010 , 13:19   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #4

Just check for existance and delete the files needed for the plugin to run or mess up the command or read out the command of the lss.txt and block it?
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2010 , 13:47   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #5

as far as im awary the server cant read files on clients computers.

i have been trying to think of ways for awhile to stop this but nothing is really possible to stop it server side.

but fear not they need to update their plugin for CSS so we will be without them for a week or two till they update
Death [GER]
Old 06-24-2010 , 15:12   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #6

You could try to force a client download messed up files for lss?
Samantha
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2010 , 16:43   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #7

Did u try my way?

Plugins
Godmode Until Attack | No Block Team Filter
Extensions
Rcon Hooks
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-24-2010 , 18:45   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #8

Why not just edit kac and remove the code that is connecting to the master server that has your cheating leaders banned? It's far easier than trying to re-create it.
Old 06-24-2010 , 21:08   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #9

because believe it or not but KAC does not block LSS all it does it ban people who are using the OLD commands for starting a script (this became pointless when LSS updated to allow users to make their own commands)
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2010 , 08:13   Re: Mission to stop LSS (LUA) Scripts from being in your server [W/out KAC]
Reply With Quote #10

I heard that the latest Steam updated prevented lua from working or something. Can anyone confirm?