Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

xSquared
Old 08-14-2019 , 02:53   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #211

Update on the custom attributes: I made a plugin and I have some custom attributes set up! it was modeled on the "basic-attributes" plugin. Let me know if you want me to release it!
xSquared
Old 08-15-2019 , 15:37   Silver's Custom Attributes
Reply With Quote #212

Current Version: 1.3

Changelog:
Version 1.0-
First Attributes
Version 1.1-
Added "addcond on damage dealt"
The above attribute is sketchy, and may not work after a few weapon switches
Version 1.2-
Added extra argument for "addcond on damage dealt"
Version 1.21
Fixed a bug where <duration> for "addcond on damage dealt" was always multiplied by the <max charges> amount, due to the charges always being set to 0 upon a taunt
Version 1.22
Fixed a bug where attributes other than "addcond on damage dealt" wouldn't work correctly
Version 1.23
Fixed a bug where users with "addcond on damage dealt" would keep their charges after dying
Version 1.3
Added several new attributes(look at .sp file for the details)
IMPORTANT: In order for some of my attributes to work, it is required that you download my .inc
file and put it in the correct directory.

So after fumbling around with code for a while, I finally made a working attributes plugin!

WARNING: This attribute plugin uses the Custom Weapons 2 format, and therefore will require you to use "attributes" in stead of "cw3_attributes" when applying any attributes. This does not disallow use of Custom Weapons 3, it just means that you have to define this plugin's attributes separately from Custom Weapons 3 attributes.

One last thing: This plugin is a modified version of "basic-attributes," so every bit of coding I did was modeled after it.

Attribute list can be found in the .sp file.

Heres' an example of an attribute's code on one of the weapons:
Code:
		"damage builds"
		{
			"plugin"	"silver"
			"value"		"0.05 170"
		}
This plugin might get updates in the future, depends on how things work out
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (silver.sp - 309 views - 61.3 KB)
File Type: smx silver.smx (23.4 KB, 233 views)
File Type: inc silver.inc (140 Bytes, 227 views)

Last edited by xSquared; 09-10-2019 at 05:09. Reason: Version 1.3
spikeof2010
Old 08-28-2019 , 15:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #213

Hey, I just recently installed this plugin on my server and I was wondering is there any documentation to what attributes I can use that are in cw3-attributes and aw2attrib? I'm aware of the tf2attributes, but I've been scouring the internet with no avail.

Cheers!
trbz_
Old 08-31-2019 , 13:24   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
Hey, I just recently installed this plugin on my server and I was wondering is there any documentation to what attributes I can use that are in cw3-attributes and aw2attrib? I'm aware of the tf2attributes, but I've been scouring the internet with no avail.

Cheers!
Yes, the attribute plugins' information can be found throughout the comments of the Custom Weapons 2 and Custom Weapons 3 main threads. Here's a list of all the attribute plugins I dug out of the threads.
spikeof2010
Old 09-01-2019 , 01:22   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #215

Thanks for the help- just wanted to ask- is there any native fix for using attribute 280 aka the projectile override? I've seen the official custom weapon servers use them like with the Shotgun Bridge, but I've not find any good way of utilizing it because the velocity is always set to zero.
spikeof2010
Old 09-12-2019 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #216

Is there anyway that engineer's don't destroy buildings when switching on every spawn? Or is this a bug exclusive to when the engineer has a gunslinger?
crafting
Old 09-18-2019 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #217

Quote:
Is there anyway that engineer's don't destroy buildings when switching on every spawn? Or is this a bug exclusive to when the engineer has a gunslinger?
Kinda. If the user has the gunslinger equipped in there melee slot, then any normal Sentry that is built with a custom weapon will auto-destroy when the user dies. The user has to un-equip the gunslinger.
crafting
Old 09-18-2019 , 18:43   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Thanks for the help- just wanted to ask- is there any native fix for using attribute 280 aka the projectile override? I've seen the official custom weapon servers use them like with the Shotgun Bridge, but I've not find any good way of utilizing it because the velocity is always set to zero.
No, some projectile don't have projectile speed, so they just fall to the ground. We have a custom attribute that handles that.
JCThornton
Old 09-22-2019 , 08:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #219

Would it be okay if I contribute some weapons here?
Old 03-30-2020 , 20:23   Re: Silver's Custom Attributes
Reply With Quote #220

@xSquared I have your pack installed correctly, and yet none of the attributes except for those carried over from basic-attributes function.

I've already tried quite a bit to troubleshoot and nothing is working. I have the .inc in the scripting\include folder, with the .smx installed in the correct place. I am defining the attributes correctly, using "attributes" (not "cw3_attributes"). I have uninstalled and re-installed, and I have re-compiled silver.sp, multiple times. Nothing seems to work.

The attributes in silver.smx that are also in basic-attributes.smx work fine (e.g. infinite ammo, aim recoil, etc.), but the ones you added, such as fire rate health and addcond recharge do not. All other CW2 and CW3 attribute plugins are working correctly.

If there's anything you can think of that could fix this, I would appreciate a reply. Thanks!