Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

xSquared
Old 07-28-2019 , 04:05   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #201

There isn't any install details. What am I supposed to do, other than add the new cw3 to my plugins folder?
And yes, I've used flame_speed and other variables to mimic the stock flamethrower. But I don't want to do that, and it's not incredibly accurate. I'd rather not use an inaccurate recreation of the flamethrower, I want to be able to use the real thing. And I know that somebody has it working, b/c it works on the Custom Weapons Official Servers.
lazyman0615
Old 07-29-2019 , 07:12   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #202

Hi! I am new to hosting server and i just installed this plugin, so I am sorry if I made any rookie mistake.

So far, I have made several custom weapons like knifes and fists and they work. However, custom flamethrowers don't show up in my menu, not even the one in the DLC pack. Are there any additional files I missed, or do I have to update some files? Here's the code for the stock flamethrower.

Code:
"Stock Flamethrower"
{
	"classes"
	{
		"pyro"		"0"
	}
	"baseclass"		"flamethrower"
	"baseindex"		"21"
	"nobots"		"1"
	"quality"		"6"
	"logname"		"flamethrower"
	"description"	"Stock"
"cw3_attributes"
{
"flame_gravity"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"0"
}

"flame_drag"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"8.5"
}

"flame_up_speed"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"50"
}

"flame_speed"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"2450"
}

"flame_spread_degree"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	"2.8"
}

"flame_lifetime"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	".6"
}

"flame_random_life_time_offset"
{
"plugin"	"tf2attributes"
"value"	".1"
}
}
}
xSquared
Old 07-29-2019 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #203

I don't know what the issue is, but thank you for the stock flamethrower remake I'll credit you when using modded flamethrowers.
xSquared
Old 07-29-2019 , 23:58   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #204

Sometimes pre-existing weapons have errors in then that make some of their attributes "null," which also prevents all weapons below them(in the folder) from loading their latest versions. I don't know why it does this, but it is important to "bugfix" weapons which aren't working the way that they are supposed to. For example, say a Demoman custom weapon is supposed to induce milk on hit, but it doesn't. Make sure that the attributes in the weapon are noted with the correct plugin. I know that's a lot, but I don't know what else that you could do. I'm not a professional myself, but I've been doing custom weapons modding all summer. Hope this helps
lazyman0615
Old 07-30-2019 , 01:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSquared View Post
Sometimes pre-existing weapons have errors in then that make some of their attributes "null," which also prevents all weapons below them(in the folder) from loading their latest versions. I don't know why it does this, but it is important to "bugfix" weapons which aren't working the way that they are supposed to. For example, say a Demoman custom weapon is supposed to induce milk on hit, but it doesn't. Make sure that the attributes in the weapon are noted with the correct plugin. I know that's a lot, but I don't know what else that you could do. I'm not a professional myself, but I've been doing custom weapons modding all summer. Hope this helps
Thank you so much! Idiot me forgot to delete one of the scrapped idea I had and exactly what you had said happened. Maybe I should create weapons in other folder then import it in to the customweapons folder.
xSquared
Old 07-31-2019 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #206

Glad I could help
xSquared
Old 07-31-2019 , 23:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #207

Is there a tutorial out there for creating custom attributes? I've tried to look at written sourcepawn tutorials, and I've tried looking at Orion and others' attribute plugins, but I can't seem to figure out how they work. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
trbz_
Old 08-03-2019 , 22:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #208

It imports functions and sourcemod event detection from other .inc files in the "include" folder. Most of an attribute plugin just consists of technical stuff, you've really gotta read through the entire thing to see how it's working.

I've gotten far enough where I can understand most of what orion.sp is doing, but I've been unable to create anything because it's giving me compiling errors even without any changes to the original file.

Code:
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(144) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(190) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(236) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(1293) : error 017: undefined symbol "IfDoNextTime2"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(2907) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3334) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3510) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3883) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3893) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3941) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
I have every #include required, I'm not sure why it's giving me undefined symbol errors.

Last edited by trbz_; 08-03-2019 at 22:53.
xSquared
Old 08-04-2019 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #209

Damn.
xSquared
Old 08-13-2019 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #210

Getting back to you on the CW3 plugins, basic-attributes(the one linked here) has comments telling you what certain things do.