Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?

Post New Thread Reply   

THEHEXAGON
Old 03-29-2022 , 15:28   When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #1

Problem:

My hosting service will only support versions that have been officially released.

Many self proclaimed experts here, however, advise that I should be running at least 1.9

But, according to the AMXMODX page, 1.9 was never formally approved for release.
Meanwhile some comments are now saying people are running versions of 1.10.

Is there an anticipated release date for an officially approved version above 1.8.2 ?

No, I do not want to find a new hosting service in order to run an unofficially released version.
74.91.123.28:27015

Last edited by THEHEXAGON; 03-29-2022 at 15:32.
bigdaddy424
Old 03-29-2022 , 22:16   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #2

Self proclaimed experts here.
1.9 or 1.10? Who cares, both of them run smooth. Stop treating unofficial releases like an unsafe product to use. The scope of 1.10 is to get as much feedback in order to find those missing commas in EOL bug-considered-PR-worthy. 1.10 is already solid.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2022 , 22:57   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #3

My host also claims that they won't update their autoinstaller until an official release IIRC (despite them currently having an old beta version) but they allowed me to manually update the AMX Mod X files. Simply try using FTP to upload the new AMX Mod X files (might want to stop the server first, can't remember if I had to do that or not).

If that doesn't work, you can ask them how to update them manually and if they balk at that, just say that you're willing to take the risk with a non-released version.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any new versions are going to be "released" in the same way that they used to be. It seems like you just have to grab whichever version you want. You and I both would love to see an official release but we also have to live in reality. If it does happen any time soon, consider it a miracle.
Old 04-04-2022 , 09:45   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy424 View Post
Self proclaimed experts here.
1.9 or 1.10? Who cares, both of them run smooth. Stop treating unofficial releases like an unsafe product to use. The scope of 1.10 is to get as much feedback in order to find those missing commas in EOL bug-considered-PR-worthy. 1.10 is already solid.
Why would they be pushing 1.10, when they haven't approved 1.9 yet?

That's what I don't understand about this process.

If 1.9 is so widely accepted as "stable" why does AMXMODX list it as UNSTABLE on their own site?

Hosting services don't want to host unstable builds that AMXMODX doesn't even recommend.

You act like it's US who don't want to run it. That's not true, and that's exactly why I posted this.

You can't force a hosting service to support unsupported software.

Last edited by THEHEXAGON; 04-04-2022 at 09:49.
THEHEXAGON
Old 04-04-2022 , 09:47   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
My host also claims that they won't update their autoinstaller until an official release IIRC (despite them currently having an old beta version) but they allowed me to manually update the AMX Mod X files. Simply try using FTP to upload the new AMX Mod X files (might want to stop the server first, can't remember if I had to do that or not).

If that doesn't work, you can ask them how to update them manually and if they balk at that, just say that you're willing to take the risk with a non-released version.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any new versions are going to be "released" in the same way that they used to be. It seems like you just have to grab whichever version you want. You and I both would love to see an official release but we also have to live in reality. If it does happen any time soon, consider it a miracle.
I really appreciate THIS response!

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2022 , 13:47   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
You can't force a hosting service to support unsupported software.
I'm sure the same hosting service is supporting 1.8.3.

It feels to me like the hosting service are the "self proclaimed experts" here.

Quote:
Why would they be pushing 1.10, when they haven't approved 1.9 yet?

That's what I don't understand about this process.
1.9 is in a feature-frozen state, only bugfixes get pushed to it, and it's stable. The reason for this is getting it ready to be published as the next "stable" build.

1.10 is where all the new, experimental features get added. It is also stable. In fact, both of them are much more stable than 1.8.2.
Old 04-05-2022 , 17:53   Re: When will AMXX 1.9 or 1.10 be officially released ?
Reply With Quote #7

You can ask the maintainer and developer of amxx.
Head over on github and create a new issue, Im not sure whether he's active on forums or not.
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx