Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?

Post New Thread Reply   

JPZV
Old 12-09-2014 , 05:04   [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I have a problem with my Server, and I can't make that my plugins with custom Files works.
Well, the plugins works (I guess so) and the server sends to the client the Source files that I need, but when I use the command to enable it (the plugin that I'm trying is PonySpenser and Dispenser Music) and later I put a Dispenser, there aren't any Custom Model, materials and Sound either, just the normal, bored and classic Dispenser.
Of course I'm using custom Sounds (not provided by Eggman, sorry man, but I'm not a Brony, I just want to put the Still Alive song to my server) and I test it with the "play" Command, there is a fun faction:
When I was in my server, the Play command didn't work (there wasn't any error, just doesn't play anything), but when I was in the Main Menu, the Play command works and the MP3 too (with Dispenser Music I tried to use a Wav), so I put the "sv_pure 0" and the Play Command works!!....... But the Plugins no

well, I don't know what I need to add, besides my *.sh (run Script, my server is hosted in Ubuntu Server [Linux]), my pure_whitelist and my Server.cfg:

TF2.sh:
Spoiler

Server.cfg*:
Spoiler

pure_server_whitelist.txt:
Spoiler

*I Used a generator.

Well, I don't know if it is enough. Please, so sorry for my English, it isn't my native language (I Speake Spanish). If you need something else, just comment it and I will add it

Last edited by JPZV; 12-09-2014 at 05:10. Reason: Nothing... Nothing...
Ade
I love purple
Old 12-09-2014 , 05:23   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #2

have you tried posting in the plugins' threads first?
Old 12-09-2014 , 08:35   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, I think that it will be a Server problem, because no one in it thread has a problem, although, now I discovered that the PonySpenser is working, but it only works on LvL1 Dispensers (maybe I didn't see that in the Thread, my mistake), but the Dispenser Music doesn't works for now, again, maybe the path are not correct and still as my error. Here is a copy of my dispenser_music.cfg:
Spoiler

Anyway I will post a comment in its thread, asking if any server has a problem with the last TF2 Update (you know that a lot of plugins may not still working after a Update).

Last edited by JPZV; 12-09-2014 at 08:40.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2014 , 10:29   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #4

Do you have any errorlogs. What is console output of sm plugins refresh ? What Metamod/Sourcemodversion do you run?
Old 12-10-2014 , 12:34   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
Do you have any errorlogs. What is console output of sm plugins refresh ? What Metamod/Sourcemodversion do you run?
Well, I have Ubuntu Server, so there are not any UI (so, I can' take any screenshoot) and the console doesn't stop for any second so it's difficult to see if there are any Error Logs
Anyway, I get this message when I Refresh:
Quote:
[SM] The plugin list has been refreshed and reloaded.
Also now I got this message:

Quote:
CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'sound/RespawnMusic/Still_Alive_Xmas.mp3' doesn't exist
This is strange, because there is the file

Quote:
TF2/tf/sound/RespawnMusic/Still_Alive_Xmas.mp3
Oh, And I replaced the Plugin, Now i'm working with Respawn Room Music
and here is the CFG:
Spoiler

Now, In my client TF2 There are not any Still_Alive_Xmas.mp3, and when I Connect to my server, there are always the text "Downloading /sound/RespawnMusic/Still_alive_xmas.mp3", but with the 100% Bar, although still not appear on my client.

Thanks for your reply

EDIT: Hmmmm, Maybe here is the error, I didnt change the "sound/PonyDispenser" to "sound/RespawnMusic" on the Download_simple.ini, so maybe that is why I can't download the sound, but I can't probe it until the next map, I will need to wait :/

Last edited by JPZV; 12-10-2014 at 12:40.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2014 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Well, I have Ubuntu Server, so there are not any UI (so, I can' take any screenshoot) and the console doesn't stop for any second so it's difficult to see if there are any Error Logs
errorlogs are in addons/sourcemod/logs as txt file...

Quote:
Now, In my client TF2 There are not any Still_Alive_Xmas.mp3, and when I Connect to my server, there are always the text "Downloading /sound/RespawnMusic/Still_alive_xmas.mp3", but with the 100% Bar, although still not appear on my client.
Sound will try to download as long as it is precached or in any downloadtable. So you are not downloading the file, but server thinks he has to give you the download.

What Metamodsource Version, what Sourcemodversion? Did you chmod -R -v 775 your serverfolder? Is the user which runs the server the owner of the server? (I mean chown not if you have rented the server XD )

Did you upload the soundfiles to your server?

Hint:
get THIS TOOL for a better (and pastable) output of your console

Last edited by micazoid; 12-10-2014 at 16:26.
JPZV
Old 12-10-2014 , 18:16   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #7

Oh right, the Version, I forget it, sorry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Version
Metamod:Source version 1.10.4
Compiled on: Nov 25 2014
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm Version
]
SourceMod 1.7.0-dev+5061, by AlliedModders LLC
To see running plugins, type "sm plugins"
To see credits, type "sm credits"
Visit http://www.sourcemod.net/
N
Quote:
Sound will try to download as long as it is precached or in any downloadtable. So you are not downloading the file, but server thinks he has to give you the download.
But I have another 2 sounds file from the Gomba Stomp plugin (I don't know if it wors, beacause I'm on MVM and I don't know if the plugin works there) and it was downloaded without problems, and the download.ini (not the simple.ini) I linked the "sound/goomba" and "sound/RespawnMusic" togheter:
Spoiler

Quote:
Did you chmod -R -v 775 your serverfolder?
No, I guess I didn't. the .sh is opened as a normal user (without sudo or sudo su), but, is it necessary? I mean, why I have to chmod? I know that chmod is like the "Security" tab on windos, but the Serverfolder are in /home/JPZ/

Quote:
Is the user which runs the server the owner of the server?
Yes, it's an old (but a pretty good one) HP, running from my house with my illegal (i'm kidding, everything is legal on my house) internet.

Quote:
Did you upload the soundfiles to your server?
Well, before the server used itself to send the files (not from fastDL), today I've configured the FastDL (with google drive) but I don't know if that works, because I deleted the goomba's sound to test it (the sounds are uploaded as bz2, i don't know if it must be as wav) and when the clients download the files, they are .wav and not .bz2. How Can I know if the FastDL are working?

Quote:
errorlogs are in addons/sourcemod/logs as txt file...
Ok, well, I Have 10 logs but no one say "xmas" or "respawn" either. If you still want it, I can upload all of them, but I don't know if the problem was saved on some log.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2014 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Ok, well, I Have 10 logs but no one say "xmas" or "respawn" either. If you still want it, I can upload all of them, but I don't know if the problem was saved on some log.
Errorlogs are titled errorsomething. Open them and read them.

Quote:
No, I guess I didn't. the .sh is opened as a normal user (without sudo or sudo su), but, is it necessary? I mean, why I have to chmod? I know that chmod is like the "Security" tab on windos, but the Serverfolder are in /home/JPZ/
I do not know why exactly but it DOES make a difference. Chmod 775 changes some things in executebehaviour.

Quote:
Yes, it's an old (but a pretty good one) HP, running from my house with my illegal (i'm kidding, everything is legal on my house) internet.
That is exactly what I didnt want to hear ^^ I do not care if your aunt, your mother or you the computer where you are running the server =D
I meant: You are logging in your server with a username. Your homedir is jzp so I am assuming you have to login with jpz and some password. Did you do chown -R -v jpz:jpzsusergroup Your serverDir in your terminal?
Quote:
Well, before the server used itself to send the files (not from fastDL), today I've configured the FastDL (with google drive) but I don't know if that works, because I deleted the goomba's sound to test it (the sounds are uploaded as bz2, i don't know if it must be as wav) and when the clients download the files, they are .wav and not .bz2. How Can I know if the FastDL are working?
You can compress your files on your fastdlserver. It is downloaded and extracted then. So if you have downloaded files, which were not there before, everything is fine
Old 12-11-2014 , 16:50   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Errorlogs are titled errorsomething. Open them and read them.
I just have "Error_201412[DAY]" and "L201412[DAY]" and no one says something like "xmas" (from the Still_Alive_xmas.wav name) or Respawn (from the Respawn room music plugin)

Quote:
I do not know why exactly but it DOES make a difference. Chmod 775 changes some things in executebehaviour.
I Need to restart the TF2 Server or the Computer for that? Because right now there are 5/6 players playing on MvM so I don't want to screw their party.

Quote:
Did you do chown -R -v jpz:jpzsusergroup Your serverDir in your terminal?
Ahm... no? ups

Quote:
You can compress your files on your fastdlserver. It is downloaded and extracted then. So if you have downloaded files, which were not there before, everything is fine
Yeah but I want to know if I the FastDL is working or not,. When someone download a map from the FastDL, it says "Downloading [Map].bsp.bz2" but yesterday when I downloaded the wav from the GOomba stomp it says "Downloading Bommba/Stomp.wav", without the bz2, and that wav is as BZ2 in the Google Drive.

Well, I have more news (bads I guess), and I have a lots of errors saying:
Quote:
SV_StartSound: RespawnMusic/Still_Alive_Xmas.wav not precached (0)
Really, A loooooooooot of time.
I have the Xmas wav on my download.ini as I said before:
Spoiler

EDIT: I made a Chmod to my ServerFolder and almost all of the files were on 775, just a fews were on 664

Last edited by JPZV; 12-11-2014 at 17:19.
Ade
I love purple
Old 12-12-2014 , 06:05   Re: [TF2] No Custom Models/Materialls/Sound?
Reply With Quote #10

did u enable custom content dl on ur client?