Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0.2) [11/13/2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2016 , 11:27   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #281

Chaosxk, did you have any luck generating a fix for the Bosses that don't move?
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2016 , 22:32   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #282

Nope, Valve changed something. it looks like applying an incompatible model without the right bones applied to the skeletons of the bosses would break the NPC logic.

Doesn't look like i can do anything, a modeler might be able to fix the models to be compatible with the bosses. I don't know anything about modeling unfortunately.
Old 09-18-2016 , 17:50   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Chaosxk, did you have any luck generating a fix for the Bosses that don't move?
If the bosses do not move at all, it might be that you do not have a matching .nav file for your map's .bsp file. That contains navigation information that bots (and probably bosses) use to find there way around the map.

You can generate a .nav file for your map by:
  • Changing to the desired map (either on your server, or run a local test listen-server if you don't want to mess with your production dedicated server).
  • In the server console (or local console for listen-server), enable cheats temporarily (sv_cheats 1).
  • In the server console (or local console for listen-server), generate a navigation file (nav_generate command).
  • It may take several minutes to complete, in the mean time the game is unplayable and the server may be/seem unresponsive.
  • When its done, it should start the map up again - as if you had just done a changelevel command.
  • There should now be a .nav file in your maps folder with the same name as the map's .bsp file.

Last edited by Weasel; 09-18-2016 at 17:51.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2016 , 22:42   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
If the bosses do not move at all, it might be that you do not have a matching .nav file for your map's .bsp file. That contains navigation information that bots (and probably bosses) use to find there way around the map.
The vanilla bosses move fine, but bosses that have a custom model no longer moves(except Skeleton King Model). Seems like an incompatible model over the bosses stops their AI.

I might try to bonemerge the model on the bosses but from what i read about it, can take a FPS toll on low end computers

Last edited by Chaosxk; 09-18-2016 at 22:42.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-19-2016 , 19:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #285

[strike]haha! actually I just noticed on my server, that the bosses aren't spawning at all any more! It says they are, throws-up the meter and stuff, but I can't find them at all suddenly. I guess something broke.[/strike]

Update: Never-mind, found the problem on my server. Added a new map and didn't add the spawn location to the CFG file. Derp.

Last edited by Weasel; 09-19-2016 at 19:09.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2016 , 07:56   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #286

Is there an auto-slay feature for the bosses? Would like to run this but not have them alive forever.

EDIT: Derp: "Lifetime" "300"

None of the FF2 bosses work. All the default ones do work. Any ideas?

Last edited by Pitbull3; 10-28-2016 at 08:00.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2016 , 18:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.5 BETA) [3/20/2016] - Vote system
Reply With Quote #287

^Custom bosses broke several months ago.

Luckily i just fixed it today lol, using a workaround (bonemerge).

Has some weird clipping issues though, gonna try to fix it along with other bugs reported before.

Haven't played TF2 really for the past 2 years, so this will most likely be my last update for this plugin.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 10-29-2016 at 18:10.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2016 , 19:35   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0) [10/30/2016] - 13 new bosses!
Reply With Quote #288

New and probably my last update.
Happy Halloween!

Code:
v.5.0
	- Fixed custom models causing bosses to stop moving and attacking (Uses bonemerge)
	- Glow colors can be changed through spawn menu or through bossspawner_boss.cfg (spawn menu will override the config) or through command (Note: Alpha determines visibility, 0 Alpha = invisible, 255 = bright)
			Spawn menu - colored glows (Red Green Blue Yellow Purple Cyan Orange Pink Black)
			Config - colored glows from RGB - Alpha values("0-255 0-255 0-255 0-255")(E.G "255 0 0 255" will make Red, "0 255 0 255" will make Green, "0 0 255 255" will make Blue)
			Command - colored glows from RGB - !<bossname> <health> <size> <R,G,B,A> where RGBA values vary from 0-255, Example: !horseman 1000 1 255,0,255,255 (horseman will spawn with 1000 hp with purple glow)
	- Changed sm_boss_vote as a percentage between 0-100 instead of amount of players
	- May have fixed a call stack trace error on OnEntityDestroyed()
	- Updated bossspawner_boss.cfg - Added colors and modified King and Warhammer "PosFix" values from 300 to 5 so it doesn't spawn way over than it should
	- Removed bossspawner_vanilla.cfg - No longer supporting
	- Updated the README.txt file instructions to be clearer

New default bosses: (Bosses that do not require any model/material downloads)
	- Demobot
	- Heavybot
	- Pyrobot
	- Scoutbot
	- Soldierbot
	- Spybot
	- Sniperbot
	- Medicbot
	- Engineerbot
	- Tank
	- Ghost
	- Sentrybuster
	- Botkiller
Known bugs: 
	- Horseman axe will NOT glow
	- Merasmus will tend to randomly change color from green to normal
	- Monoculus can no longer have model replacement due to some complications
	- Botkiller and Ghost can not be resized
	- When tf_skeleton with a hat attacks you while standing still, his hat model may freeze until he starts moving
	- eyeball_boss can die from collision from a payload cart, most of time in air so it doesn't matter too much
	- Hat size and offset does not change if player manually spawns a boss with a different size from the config (e.g !horseman 1000 5 1 : Horseman size is 5 but default size in boss config is 1, if this boss has a hat the hat won't resize)

Last edited by Chaosxk; 10-30-2016 at 19:45.
Rushy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-07-2016 , 19:18   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0) [10/30/2016] ~ 13 new bosses! ~ happy halloween
Reply With Quote #289

Just tried out version 5, thanks for the good work.

It has a little bit of an issue, the hp bar and hp count stay displayed when a boss dies/leaves the map

Last edited by Rushy; 11-07-2016 at 19:18.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 11-12-2016 , 17:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0) [10/30/2016] ~ 13 new bosses! ~ happy halloween
Reply With Quote #290

Might want to update that version 5 needs SM 1.8 to work. Also I'm getting the issues that Rushy said and also if you slay a boss the HUDBar doesn't go away.