Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Looking for a coder

Post New Thread Reply   

joexxxx
Old 05-05-2012 , 18:54   Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I'm looking for a coder thats interested in working with an older mod called WoW mod. It's a MMORPG in Counter-Strike Source. You can gain levels, craft or obtain gear from drops and even do boss fights. It is a pretty in depth mod. I have it hosted on my server currently. It has a few bugs at the moment but is still fully playable! I want to develop it further and make a fun popular server. If anybody wants to team up let me know. Add me on steam @ Sw1tch (Name Joe).

*This is an older version of WoW mod which is still being currently developed by Stinkyfax. He gave the rights to anybody to develop this version.*

Sw1tch

Last edited by joexxxx; 05-16-2012 at 16:22.
Send a message via AIM to joexxxx
Demented
Old 05-05-2012 , 21:28   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #2

it's already developed and they have a lot of good wow servers...it's also gotten huge upgrades you should join a new wow server to see it...no point in making one when one is already made save your time and purchase it lol it took the kid who made it more than a year to get to where he is on it now I doubt you could make anything as good without spending a ton of time on it go to game monitor and search it up

Last edited by Demented; 05-05-2012 at 21:28.
joexxxx
Old 05-05-2012 , 22:35   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
it's already developed and they have a lot of good wow servers...it's also gotten huge upgrades you should join a new wow server to see it...no point in making one when one is already made save your time and purchase it lol it took the kid who made it more than a year to get to where he is on it now I doubt you could make anything as good without spending a ton of time on it go to game monitor and search it up
Hello Demented, I'm familiar with Stinky's servers. I've seen his versions and I didn't like the way he went with the mod. Stinky allowed reworks of the older version of this mod in his thread. I would like to work with somebody to make a server that is not focused on pay to play, with little to no donations for "player enhancements" that give an advantage over another player.
Demented
Old 05-06-2012 , 03:22   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #4

if you have his mod on your server it won't be pay2play though...only reason he has it like that is to make money...you don't have to do it, it's just an option which is why if you buy the mod you don't need to waste time coding one...also if you buy the mod you could just use previous versions if you don't like the nerfs...so there really is no reason to recode it if you're only looking for a f2p version of the mod...just get it and disable/don't give people free enhancements..
joexxxx
Old 05-06-2012 , 12:56   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
if you have his mod on your server it won't be pay2play though...only reason he has it like that is to make money...you don't have to do it, it's just an option which is why if you buy the mod you don't need to waste time coding one...also if you buy the mod you could just use previous versions if you don't like the nerfs...so there really is no reason to recode it if you're only looking for a f2p version of the mod...just get it and disable/don't give people free enhancements..
No offense Demented, but I don't think you know what you're talking about, now I don't want to start this thread into a flame thread. But I've done a lot of research on obtaining this mod, and let me assure you that it is not for sale, and it is not anywhere on the internet, except for version 1.14 which is on this website. Version 1.14 is broken due to the hacks.ext not working in the Orange Box CS:S update back in 2010. Since then there is a semi-working version out and with help from somebody on these forums we got it playable. There are a couple bugs still in this version that I'd like to get worked out. I hope this discussion will not continue as I'm merely looking for a coder to team up with to expand WoW mod in a better way than it already did. I do not want a pay to play to gain advantages over other players (We will still have donations for visual effects/appearances etc). If anybody else shares the same interest with WoW mod let me know, I'm an experienced server owner with access to a couple server boxes and we have a payed for website. Currently I have 1 server setup with WoW mod and I have ideas to make it great .

Last edited by joexxxx; 05-06-2012 at 13:23.
Demented
Old 05-07-2012 , 08:41   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexxxx View Post
No offense Demented, but I don't think you know what you're talking about, now I don't want to start this thread into a flame thread. But I've done a lot of research on obtaining this mod, and let me assure you that it is not for sale, and it is not anywhere on the internet, except for version 1.14 which is on this website. Version 1.14 is broken due to the hacks.ext not working in the Orange Box CS:S update back in 2010. Since then there is a semi-working version out and with help from somebody on these forums we got it playable. There are a couple bugs still in this version that I'd like to get worked out. I hope this discussion will not continue as I'm merely looking for a coder to team up with to expand WoW mod in a better way than it already did. I do not want a pay to play to gain advantages over other players (We will still have donations for visual effects/appearances etc). If anybody else shares the same interest with WoW mod let me know, I'm an experienced server owner with access to a couple server boxes and we have a payed for website. Currently I have 1 server setup with WoW mod and I have ideas to make it great .

Of course I know what i'm talking about because I bought wow-mod a while back you don't because you only did research and didn't go to stinky directly lol if you didn't know half of the wow-mod servers out there are people who bought stinky's mod

it's also the reason why some of his versions have been "leaked" due to untrustworthy people who bought his mod and decided they didn't want to keep it to themselves

he still sells it and like I said before there is a way to use his mod so that there is no pay to play aspects...why not go to him directly

also I don't really care for flame wars lol my intention was to provide information since i've been using his mod for a long time...you should pm me your ip i'd like to check out your server...

What i'm basically trying to say is...instead of wasting your time coding a mod that's already coded...
you can purchase it from stinky and get all the effects, all the skills, all the classes, and all the hours and hours of work already done for you
that's way easier than finding a great coder who will spend so much time on a mod that's already out there Only so you don't have the "pay to play" aspect which u can just remove if you purchase it from him lol

Last edited by Demented; 05-07-2012 at 08:44.
joexxxx
Old 05-07-2012 , 14:30   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Of course I know what i'm talking about because I bought wow-mod a while back you don't because you only did research and didn't go to stinky directly lol if you didn't know half of the wow-mod servers out there are people who bought stinky's mod

it's also the reason why some of his versions have been "leaked" due to untrustworthy people who bought his mod and decided they didn't want to keep it to themselves

he still sells it and like I said before there is a way to use his mod so that there is no pay to play aspects...why not go to him directly

also I don't really care for flame wars lol my intention was to provide information since i've been using his mod for a long time...you should pm me your ip i'd like to check out your server...

What i'm basically trying to say is...instead of wasting your time coding a mod that's already coded...
you can purchase it from stinky and get all the effects, all the skills, all the classes, and all the hours and hours of work already done for you
that's way easier than finding a great coder who will spend so much time on a mod that's already out there Only so you don't have the "pay to play" aspect which u can just remove if you purchase it from him lol

PM me for further discussion.
joexxxx
Old 05-11-2012 , 02:08   Re: Looking for a coder
Reply With Quote #8

Still looking for a coder. If you're interested reply to the thread.