Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

thewintersoldier97
Old 11-24-2021 , 05:17   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #241

So the map_list.txt is for voting or map circle or both? If it wasn't, is there anyway for me to setup the plugin to circle through official campaign only while voting still showing the custom map?

Looking for some fun!
ChrisP
Old 11-28-2021 , 11:49   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
So the map_list.txt is for voting or map circle or both? If it wasn't, is there anyway for me to setup the plugin to circle through official campaign only while voting still showing the custom map?
The map list config file feeds a single map list array that is used for everything in the plugin. This means that voting and map cycle are coupled and cannot have separate lists.

I think this is probably too niche of a feature to make its way into the original ACS. However, if you want add this functionality please feel free to fork the github project and modify the source code. You can make it so that there is a map cycle inclusions list for the map cycles. This should then always cycle back to the next included map that should be played after an non-included map is completed. Then add the official campaigns to the map cycle inclusions list.
─────────────────────────────

Last edited by ChrisP; 11-28-2021 at 11:52.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2021 , 13:14   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #243

It's great that this plugin has been updated, I use the very old model and it works fine until today, I just had to fix some bugs, but my friend Martt did it.

It would be nice if you had a translation file, for messages and other chat messages.
ChrisP
Old 11-30-2021 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
It's great that this plugin has been updated, I use the very old model and it works fine until today, I just had to fix some bugs, but my friend Martt did it.

It would be nice if you had a translation file, for messages and other chat messages.
One of my main goals with ACS is to have it be simple for the end users, only requiring that the .smx file be copied to the plugins folder. I've never worked with translations before, is this something that can be added, but not required?

If it can be done without the translations folder being required for English version, then would you be willing to do the translations if I added translations functionality?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2021 , 11:24   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #245

People will share translations for other languages in the threads once you add support to it, then you add it to the main post.

I often offer translations in pt and both en/es since I'm not fluent but I can handle translations for them too.

So having the translation only in English is a good way to add support, then people "share" or not their translations and implement on their servers.
Old 11-30-2021 , 11:40   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #246

that's right, you just have to make the file available, and the community here will do the translation.
thewintersoldier97
Old 11-30-2021 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
-snip-
I understand On second thoughts, I also realized that the feature is not that much necessary cause players could always vote for the map they like lol.

Btw, I too encounter a weird bug similar to the one VYRNACH_GAMING posted. No voting pop-up at all.
Also does the plugin has problem with single map custom campaign? Cause when I'm playing the Tanks Playground map and finished it, next map didn't load at all. Already added it in the acs_map_list.txt file.

Looking for some fun!
ChrisP
Old 12-08-2021 , 17:45   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefollors View Post
1.hi again i mean there are multiple SP files in the ACS folder. how do I compile it so that those SP files become a single SMX file. as well as the one you have. please.

2.deleted the chat message when rescued, to move on to the next campaign
I hope you now know the answer to your question 1, Mystik Spiral answered it well.

For 2, I added the chat message when ACS transitioning to the next map. This is currently only in the github version for now. I will add to the main forum post when I get some time to do a few more things.
ChrisP
Old 12-21-2021 , 00:52   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Btw, I too encounter a weird bug similar to the one VYRNACH_GAMING posted. No voting pop-up at all.
Unfortunately, I cannot recreate this no vote menu popup bug. I've tried SourceMod 1.10 and 1.11 on both Linux and Windows. Every time it works as expected.

Anyone have ideas as to what could be causing this issue? With no luck reproducing the bug and no errors reported there is not a lot to go by.

Does this also happen if you are the only person in the server? Is it possible that you are loading into the campaign finale after another player has already opened the starting safe-room door?

Last edited by ChrisP; 12-21-2021 at 00:54.
itsjch
Old 01-19-2022 , 19:13   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot recreate this no vote menu popup bug. I've tried SourceMod 1.10 and 1.11 on both Linux and Windows. Every time it works as expected.

Anyone have ideas as to what could be causing this issue? With no luck reproducing the bug and no errors reported there is not a lot to go by.

Does this also happen if you are the only person in the server? Is it possible that you are loading into the campaign finale after another player has already opened the starting safe-room door?

I have the same issue I cant get it to work its like my server dont pick it up.

EDIT: does pick up but does not function as intended.

Last edited by itsjch; 01-21-2022 at 18:53.