Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Incredible KAC induced lag (I think KAC induced, anyway)

Post New Thread Reply   

DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-15-2010 , 00:17   Incredible KAC induced lag (I think KAC induced, anyway)
Reply With Quote #1

Hi guys. I noticed everyone was lagging up a storm (including myself, I usually get a single digit ping, and was getting 60 ping) so I unloaded KAC and poof, a second later, beautiful pings across the board! This has happened a few times.

This makes me sad, I love the features your plugin offers. Any ideas what might be doing it? I had every module enabled.
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
Kigen
BANNED
Old 05-15-2010 , 02:52   Re: Incredible KAC induced lag (I think KAC induced, anyway)
Reply With Quote #2

Anti-Wallhack could do that if you enabled it. Anti-WH is very CPU intensive.
sdogg2m
Old 06-25-2010 , 02:40   Re: Incredible KAC induced lag (I think KAC induced, anyway)
Reply With Quote #3

This is what my hosting company just sent me:

From looking at your server, the last time it seemed to have crashed was on the 9th of this month (according to your mdmp files). As far as lag, I checked the graphs for your machine and it has not gone above 40% CPU usage, and the network has been stable. I noticed some of your Sourcemod plugins, such as Kigen's Anticheat, which if setup incorrectly can cause the server to be very laggy. I would make sure you have the wallhack detection turned off, and possibly consult the SM forums with your plugin list to see if any others are suspected of lag issues.

----

Although I though the whole point to KAC was helping to catch cheaters including wallhackers. It would be a huge blow to have to turn off wallhack detection.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 06-25-2010 , 13:07   Re: Incredible KAC induced lag (I think KAC induced, anyway)
Reply With Quote #4

Unfortunately, the Anti-WH is very CPU intensive. There isn't much way around it at the moment.

Also, it isn't a detection but a prevention. It simple stops people from knowing where others are through the walls.