Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

"CZ Gun Game" source code

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:30   "CZ Gun Game" source code

As some of you know, there's a closed source version of GunGame out.

As others of you may know, the "developer" vehemently refuses to release his source.

Because of this, their plugin has been blacklisted from amxmodx.

Well, they thought they would be clever by getting around the loose load blocking.

Here's my response:

The fully decompiled source code. It matches opcode-for-opcode to his .amxx file, all memory offsets are identical as well.

Some of the static data may be off (to be completely honest I didn't test the actual gameplay of the plugin at all).

Note: This is NOT his copy of his source code. Mine has none of his comments, and not his own style of code. What it DOES have is code that will generate an exact replica of his plugin.

Now for the best part:

"Live", the author of the plugin, claims that his is better. He mentions on his page that "the AMX version is buggy, and we would prefer you use ours", and that his is referred to as "the stable GunGame". (The "AMX version" being Avalanche's open source version)

Well, Live ripped a lot of code from Avalanche, and a little bit of code from others.

It was plainly obvious when I was dealing with Live's original code (a dead giveaway is all of Live's original variables are all lower case with no underscores) and when I was dealing with somebody else's code that he had ripped.

What else did I learn?

Live is an awful developer. If you're familiar with plugins at all, take a look at the source code and laugh a bit. Remember: This is an authentic replica of his code, it's not something I'm making up. Everything stupid in the source code, he does in his plugin.

Places that I know for sure Live ripped:
  • GunGame AMXX by XxAvalanchexX: Live ripped the entire stats system, gungame_print and precache_sound_by_cvar
  • Random Weapons by Deviance (aka Doombringer): Live ripped the "get_ammotype" stock.
  • A very old AMX plugin called "no swearing" by xeroblood: The say text parsing.
  • And he used VEN's Fakemeta utility function "fm_cs_user_spawn", not exactly a rip, but he didn't credit at all.

Those are just the places I know for a fact he ripped from. I'm sure there's more.

Note: To compile the plugin to test it out (I don't know why you would want to, when his version is so shoddy) remove the #error at the beginning.

You can also test the authenticity of the op codes by disassembling my replica and the original with amxxdump.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (gungame.sma - 1091 views - 56.7 KB)
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:32   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

Don't forget to thank him for warranting the creation of this wonderful program:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=52875

such a loser...
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:40   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

hah, nice job on decompiling it sawce!
Sean D
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:41   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

OMG SAWCE YOU OWN SO HARD

but seriously, nice job
Basic-Master
Veteran Member

lol, great job sawce :p
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper

Well its nice to let those douche bags be known. Sad individuals, feeding off other peoples work. In time he will get whats coming to him The karma system is always in full effect.

And great job
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:42   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

I love how he calls the AMX version "buggier"...
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:42   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

Now this is low. You guys mock me for not releasing it, and now you want to post the "decompiled" source code. Thats just childish and immature. LOL
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:44   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

Erm... immature and low are nothing compared to stealing code... that's not only immature but against the law.
Old 03-29-2007 , 15:44   Re: "CZ Gun Game" source code

STEALING CODE?!?!?! ITS AN OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY REMEMBER!?!?!
Closed Thread