Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Eye angles violation - how legitimate?

Post New Thread Reply   

Alduin
Old 04-24-2013 , 10:42   Eye angles violation - how legitimate?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I've been playing Day of Defeat: Source since it came out. Then I went to play on a server I've never played on before which uses your Mods.

After about a week of playing, I had been banned for "cheating with [my] eye angles". According to my admin, my eye angles were -169 173 0 while [-90, -180, -90] to [90, 180, 90] are considered normal, hereby proving the use of an aimbot.

It is really hard for me not to swear around right now, especially as during the week of playing on the server, I had witnessed aimbotters "cleaning" the server with an MG without being banned by your system, but were banned manually by admins later.

I am not even what you'd call a "good" player. I sure have my ups and downs, but on that day I was very tired and my K/D was about 1.

I've seen other people being banned by your system, but what are the odds that these players are really violating anything? Based on my eye angles posted above, how "hacker" am I?
What's the point in all of this when it detects normal players and does not detect, at least not all, hackers?

It is the server admin's free choice to use this system, but don't you think your system is harming DOD:S?

I'd be happy to hear some opinions!

Alduin

Last edited by Alduin; 04-24-2013 at 10:45.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2013 , 01:05   Re: Eye angles violation - how legitimate?
Reply With Quote #2

Was the ban automatic, or by the admin later? If the former, what was happening in the server at the time of your ban? (current weapon, position in map, etc)
Old 04-27-2013 , 00:48   Re: Eye angles violation - how legitimate?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Was the ban automatic, or by the admin later? If the former, what was happening in the server at the time of your ban? (current weapon, position in map, etc)
The ban was automatic. The map was dod_donner. I was playing on the Allies' side and my weapon was the M1 Thompson. As I remember it, I had been killed by a guy who was camping on the stairs of the Allies' sniper house (we were losing). After respawning, I went there again and saw an enemy crouching behind the corner of the right sniper house. So I did not go for the "left sniper house stairs camper", but after the other guy... unfortunately, someone else had killed him before I was able to do so. Thus, I went for the stairs guy who was still there. I'm not even sure if I shot him. Well, that's the last thing I remember before being banned.
SystematicMania
Old 04-28-2013 , 08:44   Re: Eye angles violation - how legitimate?
Reply With Quote #4

Do you know of any way to replicate being detected? False positives with this detection are often caused by specific activities/features.

Do you know whether "smac_log_verbose 1" was enabled? The verbose could aid us in trying to replicate the problem.
Old 05-01-2013 , 11:02   Re: Eye angles violation - how legitimate?
Reply With Quote #5

According to the admin, verbose was not enabled at the time of my ban. The only logs available are my eye angles: -169 173 0

I have never tried replicating this problem, as I am still banned from the server that uses this mod.

Based on the information given in my previous post, what move or behavior could've caused a ban?