Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 pregame mayhem

Post New Thread Reply   

bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-08-2008 , 13:23   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #11

The only way I can see you improving this plugin would be to check if mp_waitingforplayers_time is > 0. That way if it's set to 0 things won't go haywire during the regular game.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-08-2008 , 17:41   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #12

Thanks for the nice comments!

If someone wants to clean up the code and improve it, I wont mind.

As for messages, I didn't want to put any messages that mislead people, it will mess up your stats for stuff like psychostats, and even the client side stats (you got X more kills than your previous best), the team scores do reset, but its hard to communicate that. The only thing I really want to make apparent is that your server is not a 4chan mario_kart server, and things will normalize when the game starts, I'm always afraid I'm turning people off, but I've been using it for a week and the server has not emptied out because of this yet.
I make it print a few seconds into the game, but I'm not a good enough coder to do it right and see what mp_waitingforplayers_time is set to, and make it create timers every 10 seconds but not one that would fire after mp_waitingforplayers_time is over.
same with checking if mp_waitingforplayers_time is 0, that would probably make FF on for the whole first regular round.

Also this probably breaks horribly on arena maps, at least for the first round.
I put this in my config_arena.cfg file:

sm plugins unload pregamemayhem
(I also unload my bonusroundrepawn plugin, I believe that would break in arena as well). Really the proper thing is probably a cvar to turn it on and off, or make it check the map name to see if it starts with arena, or maybe sv_tags for presence of "arena", then turn itself off.

Last edited by ratty; 09-08-2008 at 18:38.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-08-2008 , 19:07   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Well I was talking about hlstatsx but I have tking set to not matter. Just turn tf_stats or whatever off then on again just like with the other commands if its ingame stats that are the problem.
Can that be done server side? I tried tf_stats_track 0 on the server on my achievement server awhile ago, and it was still tracking. People would still get "you were X more than your previous best" type of messages anyway. I even tried it with the server starting with that, and connecting afterwards. Maybe its client only? I'd love to figure that out, then I'll do it for this plugin as well.

Or if there is some standard way of suspending collection of stats in hlstatsx/psychostats, I'll be happy to do that too, like some specially formatted log entry. I know it doesnt count FF, but its still kind of silly having FF stats get logged, people can fight over the top team killer award.. maybe we should just leave it as is?

Last edited by ratty; 09-08-2008 at 19:18.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2008 , 00:07   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #14

I will put in a request to turn off the waiting for player stats. Try sm_cvar tf_stats_track "0"

r3dh3adkid
Old 09-09-2008 , 09:43   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I know it doesnt count FF, but its still kind of silly having FF stats get logged, people can fight over the top team killer award.. maybe we should just leave it as is?
What about people who try to keep a high KD? This will destory that.
Old 09-09-2008 , 11:05   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #16

awesome, i've been enabling noclip on everyone on 20 seconds left during the waiting for players round.

that's been fun
Old 09-09-2008 , 14:09   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
awesome, i've been enabling noclip on everyone on 20 seconds left during the waiting for players round.

that's been fun
Can you tell me how you do that?

Thanks!
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2008 , 15:05   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #18

sm_noclip @all

then fire it again to turn it off.

the_reverend
Old 09-09-2008 , 19:55   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #19

This is total greatness. I'm going to install it tonight. Thanks Ratty.
-rev
Vader_666
Old 09-12-2008 , 15:54   Re: TF2 pregame mayhem
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks for this plugin, great idea ;)

For the psychostat problem... I'm not a good scripter but what about turn off log in "waiting for players"-time ? Psychostat use the log from the server in order to build stat... If no log of this moment is writing... Psychostat won't be affected no ?