Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Turns sv_alltalk on at round end or when all Terrorists are dead (in CS:S).
    Old 07-20-2010 , 23:41   Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #1

Round-End Alltalk

Features:
    • sv_alltalk is turned on when the round has ended. Can be disabled
    • For Counter-Strike: Source: sv_alltalk is turned on when all terrorists are dead (like when the bomb is planted but all Ts are dead). Disabled by default
    • Chat being spammed when sv_alltalk is changed can be disabled.
    • sv_alltalk can still be managed manually or by other plugins. This plugin shouldn't ever turn sv_alltalk off it it's on by some means other than itself.

Cvars:

sourcemod/round-end-alltalk.cfg is auto-generated with the default settings:
    • sm_round_end_alltalk_announce - Toggles whether changes to sv_alltalk are announced in chat. 1 (on) by default.
    • sm_round_end_alltalk_round - Toggles whether sv_alltalk is turned on at round end. 1 (on) by default.
    • sm_round_end_alltalk_bomb - Toggles whether sv_alltalk is turned on when all Terrorists are dead. 0 (off) by default. This cvar should be turned on only in Counter-Strike: Source to avoid nonsensical behavior. Basically, if everyone on team 2 (Terrorists in CS:S) is dead at the same time, sv_alltalk will be turned on.

Known or Potential Issues:
    • If you are using another plugin that manages sv_alltalk based on the number of players in the server (as I do), this plugin is compatible with that. However, if the other plugin checks the number of players on round_start and turns sv_alltalk off at that point, it may spam the chat area with extra messages about turning alltalk off each round. To remedy this, you'll need to put "sm plugins reload other-plugin-filename" in one of your configs. This way my plugin will do its job of turning sv_alltalk off at round_start before the other plugin does its job of turning sv_alltalk off at round_start.
    • I haven't actually tested this plugin in any mod but Counter-Strike: Source, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, as long as the other game uses the "round_start" event.

Version History:
    • 1.0 - 2010-07-20 - Initial release
    • 1.0.1 - 2010-07-20 - Added _announce cvar to control chat spamming.
    • 1.0.2 - 2011-11-17 - Fixed issue where _announce would toggle the notify flag on sv_alltalk rather than disable it.

Dead Alltalk:

I highly recommend you use sm_deadtalk 1 with this plugin for dead alltalk (dead hear all). The setting now works correctly with plugins that modify sv_alltalk as of SourceMod 1.3.5.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (round-end-alltalk.sp - 2161 views - 3.1 KB)

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 11-17-2011 at 20:23.
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-22-2010 , 05:52   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #2

In the main post I now have a method and instructions for also enabling dead alltalk (where dead players can hear everyone else, including living players on the other team).
    dohren
    Old 07-27-2010 , 01:18   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #3

i tested and work fine. some "irritating" when l hear my living teammate, but this familiar
    dagg929
    Old 08-06-2010 , 22:48   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #4

Wouldn't it be easier to just have the command fixed with a bug report?
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 08-07-2010 , 01:45   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #5

dagg929, I assume you're just referring to the text at the bottom of my initial post referring to Dead Alltalk and my modified basecomm version. If so, if you would have read what I wrote there, you would notice that I did file a bug report. Also, if you look at the bug report, you'll notice that the change I made in my fixed version has been committed to both the 1.3 and 1.4 branches of SourceMod. It will therefore most likely be included in the next release version of SourceMod.

The plugin in this thread is solely for round-end alltalk. As far as I understand, there are no built-in SourceMod commands which already do this functionality. The only reason I even mention the dead alltalk stuff is that I used to have a different plugin which worked in a different way which did all of this functionality, not just the round-end alltalk.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 08-07-2010 at 17:35. Reason: I had a typo when I said the plugin is "solely for dead and round-end alltalk".
    Silesti
    Old 08-13-2010 , 05:47   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #6

There is need to replace basecomm.smx with yours basecomm-alltalk-deadtalk-fix.smx

but what if I have allready replace them with commstools.smx from https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80909
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 08-13-2010 , 10:22   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #7

strontiumdog's sm_commstools is based on the official basecomm plugin, so it has the exact same bug. I've edited his plugin to fix that specific bug. It's attached.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_commstools.sp - 1368 views - 31.9 KB)
    skabull
    Old 09-19-2010 , 13:58   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #8

Hello,

First thing, great plugin ...

Now I wonder if it is possible to make a small modification on the plugin.

I put "sm_deadtalk 1" I install the plugin and the fix ...

So dead players of both teams can talk to them, but players do not listen live, it is super ...

By cons live players may only speak with their teammates, I would like if possible to change this.

I want the living can talk to teams, but they do not hear dead players, who peuent them talk to each other.

That would be it possible to have this change?

Last edited by skabull; 09-19-2010 at 14:58.
    Happy DODs player
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 09-19-2010 , 17:00   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #9

Installed on a Dods server,

Must i put in the server.cfg the alltalk on 0 or 1

And for now great-works gone test it tomorrows again if i know what 2 put in the server.cfg about alltalk.

But the idea is very great i like it

Greets
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 09-19-2010 , 21:11   Re: Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #10

skabull: With sm_deadtalk 1 and either my bugfixed version of basecomm or any of the latest official snapshot versions of basecomm, dead players can hear everyone else. Living players are unaffected. Living players can hear people on their own team. When they speak, however, dead people will hear them. I have no plans to change this behavior. This plugin only turns on sv_alltalk at the end of a round (or when all Terrorists are dead if that's set). The only reason I talk about sm_deadtalk is because this plugin replaces my other plugin, Dead and Round-End Alltalk, but this plugin no longer handles the dead alltalk functionality, as SourceMod already has it built-in. Since I didn't make sm_deadtalk, I don't plan on adding functionality to it.

Happy DODs player: I'll quote from the 4th bullet point of the Features section.
    "sv_alltalk can still be managed manually or by other plugins. This plugin shouldn't ever turn sv_alltalk off it it's on by some means other than itself."
    This plugin will do nothing at all if you have sv_alltalk set to 1 in your server.cfg (or by other means). You must have it set to 0 for the plugin to work.