12% 

[TF2] Rage Quit Announce

Post New Thread Reply   

Crispy
Old 12-19-2009 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I'm not running a pure server btw, any suggestions?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if sv_pure = 0, then I don't believe that the white list is even looked at by the server. In that case, I would look into what is happening with the clients that are constantly downloading the sounds every time they connect. It sounds like their computers are trying to download the files, but never get them. Are you using fast http downloads? If so, then are the sound files both on the game server, and on the web server? Are the clients getting any errors while downloading the files such as timeouts, or file not found errors?

One thing you could try is to delete the sounds from your computer, and then connect to your TF2 server, and see if there is any odd behavior when you are downloading the sounds.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-19-2009 , 21:57   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #22

Im getting these again:

Quote:
12/19/2009 - 1824: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client 14 is not in game
L 12/19/2009 - 1824: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "rageannounce.smx":
L 12/19/2009 - 1824: [SM] [0] Line 150, rageannounce.sp::Event_PlayerDisconnect()
See my sig for the Sm version I'm running.

I've got the updated game data files, from this thread, which everything is running smooth except for this plugin...at least from the error files.

I run sv_pure = 1 and have PSW.txt and W.txt set properly. It had been working great since my last post on this thread.
Crispy
Old 12-21-2009 , 18:27   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
I've got the updated game data files, from this thread, which everything is running smooth except for this plugin...at least from the error files.

I run sv_pure = 1 and have PSW.txt and W.txt set properly. It had been working great since my last post on this thread.
OK, well it looks like the update broke something in SourceMod, and I can't rely on the client status being available even when I catch the disconnect event before it is handed off to SourceMod. So, I'll have to track the player stats myself instead of looking them up in my event handler. Expect an update in a couple of days.
Dragonfly
Old 12-23-2009 , 00:57   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if sv_pure = 0, then I don't believe that the white list is even looked at by the server. In that case, I would look into what is happening with the clients that are constantly downloading the sounds every time they connect. It sounds like their computers are trying to download the files, but never get them. Are you using fast http downloads? If so, then are the sound files both on the game server, and on the web server? Are the clients getting any errors while downloading the files such as timeouts, or file not found errors?

One thing you could try is to delete the sounds from your computer, and then connect to your TF2 server, and see if there is any odd behavior when you are downloading the sounds.

It's on the server itself, and on the download server. Still no go.
Crispy
Old 12-26-2009 , 04:34   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
Version 1.0.0 should fix the errors. Please give it a try.
Crispy
Old 12-26-2009 , 04:41   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
It's on the server itself, and on the download server. Still no go.
OK, well I'm scratching my head on this one. The thought had occurred to me that you might be running into permissions errors, but if that were the case then I don't think anyone could download the files from the web server. The only other possibility that comes to mind is a DNS lookup issue. Have you tried using the IP address instead of the host name of the web server in the URL in your server.cfg file?

Perhaps I can better see what's happening if I try connecting. What's the name and/or IP address of your TF2 server?
Dragonfly
Old 01-04-2010 , 19:38   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #27

208.100.41.162:27015

The name is The Laughing Fortress - HoNk

Add me on steam, my account name is thestringlesskite, so I know when to re add the plugin, peeps were dling it every map change and it still wasnt working.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2010 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #28

what is your file structure like for the fastDL?

Seems like something may just be a bit off.

How have you confirmed the d/ling? Yourself, delete the sound files from your local PC. Connect to the server, you may see the d/l progress, but that still won't mean you got them. So then check your local PC for the files.
Dragonfly
Old 01-05-2010 , 05:41   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #29

It has downloaded the files before, but I deleted them, and it didn't dl them again...I don't understand. It's on the server itself, sound files and the plugin of course, and it's on the dl server. It works for some people tho, alot actually. Half the people tell me that it works fine.
Senapi
Old 01-25-2010 , 20:48   Re: [TF2] Rage Quit Announce
Reply With Quote #30

Could this work with CS:S?