Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to make a script refer to ingame entity

Post New Thread Reply   

Porcellian
Old 11-09-2020 , 09:38   How to make a script refer to ingame entity
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

If I press a button on a map, it will teleport all players to a room. However, I need my plugin to be able to access this button somehow.

This entity is called "Meeting", how can I access that Entity using a script in my plugin?

(This is for CSGO)

Last edited by Porcellian; 11-09-2020 at 09:50. Reason: added game
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2020 , 10:20   Re: How to make a script refer to ingame entity
Reply With Quote #2

1. Use FindEntityByClassname to find entities with a certain classname. Since your target entity is a button, I'm assuming the classname is "func_button" but of course I don't know the details of that entity so you'll have to find that out on your own.
2. If the button has a targetname, you can check its "m_iName" prop so you can filter out other func_buttons or entities with the same classname as your target entity. Of course, you may have other means of checking which entity you're looking for so that's for you to figure out as well.
3a. If you want to press the button yourself, you can use AcceptEntityInput to send the "Press" input to that button.
3b. If you want to catch the output of the button, you can use HookSingleEntityOutput to catch the "OnPressed" output.