Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Steam issues join friend and join game CS:GO

Post New Thread Reply   

durangod
Old 03-06-2016 , 16:34   Steam issues join friend and join game CS:GO
Reply With Quote #1

I have an old steam account that i use for sharing games -> new steam account.

I wanted to go into my CS:GO server as my old account using the shared CS:GO game from my new account to test the plugins i installed. But i could not join the server. Kept telling me that "server join failed"

So i know it works because my admin can get into the server. So i removed my whitelist plugin and tried again same thing. Then after wasting alot of time trying to research this via the steam community from little kids making posts about issues and misleading everyone time and time again. I finally ran across this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9732-RYUI-2823

It appears that sharing only lets you do certain things which sucks IMO, but that is the way it is i guess.

I also found out playing with a friend of mine that the only way to join them in the game is to get the IP of the server they are in (have them send it to you) and and then use connect IP in your console.

Seems they are making it harder for friends to hang out and game now days.
Old 03-09-2016 , 05:46   Re: Steam issues join friend and join game CS:GO
Reply With Quote #2

Hello, If you want to join someone via Join Game button when he is on a server you need to enter this cl_join_advertise 2 it's default to 1 if you set 2 you can see the server he is on and join via the Join Game button. I actually found out that myself my looking random commands on Google. Just a note the Join Game button will be active as soon as he is inside the server like on a Team CT/T ou Spectator if he's download content you cant join i believe.

Cheers Mate!