Raised This Month: $404 Target: $400
 101% 

Server Download on Linux


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
TheiOne
Member
Join Date: Mar 2017
Old 06-12-2018 , 13:24   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #41

@haZh

I had to download the HLDS. Currently I'm running one server and it works, but when I replace the original HLDS with ReHLDS it doesn't start any more. I tried using metamod-r, and disabling everything in metamod's plugins.ini, but that didn't work either.
I remember now that I'd fooled around with ReHLDS a year or two ago and I'd been able to at least run it. The only difference is that I was running HLDS 6153 at the time.

BTW, the server's FPS drop to under 100 when there are players on the server, but is ~500 when there are no players, will ReHLDS be able to do better ?
TheiOne is offline
WaLkMaN
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Old 06-12-2018 , 14:56   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #42

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=12
__________________
WaLkMaN is online now
haZh
Member
Join Date: May 2017
Old 06-12-2018 , 22:19   Re: Server Download on Linux
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiOne View Post
I had to download the HLDS. Currently I'm running one server and it works,
Glad you finally made it. Another CS 1.6 server gone online for the community. Better save those files in a safe location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiOne View Post
but when I replace the original HLDS with ReHLDS it doesn't start any more. I tried using metamod-r, and disabling everything in metamod's plugins.ini, but that didn't work either.
I remember now that I'd fooled around with ReHLDS a year or two ago and I'd been able to at least run it. The only difference is that I was running HLDS 6153 at the time.
Noticed that too. Strage thing is I can't run my stock HLDS on my local game installation at all, it just crashes without a hint. Replacing with ReHLDS also crashes. I didn't download through SteamCMD since it won't even work, but the hlds.exe in the normal game installation used to work so I have reported this to ReHLDS GitHub but got no response. Thought of reporting this to Valve Github but that would be just a waste of time.

Don't remember about the exact version but the hlds.exe in those No-Steam CS 1.6 copies still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiOne View Post
BTW, the server's FPS drop to under 100 when there are players on the server, but is ~500 when there are no players, will ReHLDS be able to do better ?
I don't know but there is an explaination about it on WaLkMaN's link above. It's entirely up to you for a check. I always had like 30 - 75 FPS below 4 players on ReHLDS with a shared 1 Core, 512MB RAM. No point of having 500 FPS on an empty server.

You can always go to one of these popular ReHLDS servers and check FPS from there. https://www.gametracker.com/search/?...by2=sv_version
__________________

Last edited by haZh; 06-13-2018 at 00:32.
haZh is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode