Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X

Post New Thread Reply   

DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-21-2014 , 13:33   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #161

Yes, that is basically what you have to do. You might even want to use something like rsync if possible so as to avoid copying files that already exist or files that haven't actually been updated.

Please note that if you do that, however, you'll want to make a special exception for the <server root>/bin/shaderapiempty.dylib file. If you copy that file over again from the game, the server will end up crashing. So make sure you use the one from the srcds_osx download.

Alternatively, you could try using SteamCMD to update the server instead. Insurgency is one the rare games that actually has all the Mac binaries needed in it's dedicated server app.

Last edited by DS; 06-21-2014 at 13:35.
ikir
Old 06-21-2014 , 13:58   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #162

Ok thanks so much.

I'm having difficulties to understand how to configure server variables. I want my server to start in coop checkpoint mode. I start server with this command:
Code:
./srcds_run -game insurgency -maxplayers 24 -nohltv -ip 192.168.1.100 -hostport 27016
My server cfg is this one:
Code:
// ---------------------------------------------------------------
// Server Info Options
// ---------------------------------------------------------------

hostname "ikir Mac mini Insurgency server"
rcon_password ""
sv_password ""

sv_logbans 0
sv_logecho 1
sv_logfile 0
sv_log_onefile 0
sv_lan 0
sv_region 3
sv_deadchat 1
sv_hud_deathmessages 1
sv_deadchat_team 0
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_tkpunish 1		
sv_hud_scoreboard_show_kd 1
sv_hud_targetindicator 1
sv_allow_votes 1

mapcyclefile "mapcycle_cooperative.txt"

motdfile "motd.txt"
It should load map cycle_cooperative.txt and start the game as coop checkpoint right, shouldn't it?
Instead every time it start with FireFight and Market map

If a variable is set in server.cgf and also in server_cooperative.cfg which ones actually works?
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-21-2014 , 14:57   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #163

Since you are starting the server without the "+map <mapname>" option, the srcds_run script is choosing the market map by default. See this.

So you can add "+map market_coop" to the command line to start with a cooperative map or change the default map in the srcds_run script.

As for the configs, it looks like server.cfg is the one that will take precedence since it is executed on every map change. So you could either copy settings from server_cooperative.cfg or add an "exec server_cooperative.cfg" at the end of server.cfg.
Old 06-21-2014 , 15:41   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #164

OK thanks again!
ikir
Old 06-23-2014 , 17:36   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #165

Is it possible to save server/game statistic in a database? It would be very cool if i could make a webpage with stats like most played maps, average accuracy, top players ecc. Is it possible?
SCATTERKNIFE
Old 07-23-2014 , 12:52   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #166

Hey i'm trying to start a garry's mod server for me and my friends and i'm wondering where the root thing is? I know i sound stupid but where?
SCATTERKNIFE
Old 07-23-2014 , 13:08   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #167

/Users/MineCraft/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/GarrysMod/sourceengine/./srcds_run -game What do you do for the game mode for sandbox?
Bert920
Old 08-24-2014 , 00:58   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #168

What did I do wrong? I'm trying to boot up a team fortress 2 server, and my startup line is this:
./srcds_run -console -game tf +map ctf_2fort -maxplayers 12 +log on
wittin
Old 08-29-2014 , 05:37   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #169

I had issues like this for a long time, figured it out by going to steam, going to properties of the game, browse game files, copy everything to your host file. Follow all of the steps of adding files into your bin / root folder in the original post. I have found that I need to either copy the folder into themselves or pay extra attention to ctrl+drag and then 'update if newer/merge' options when copying the files to prevent directories being replaced with incomplete ones (one of the nightmares of the mac file copy routine). Whole process usually takes me about 15mins and I must rebuild the server files after every update manually

On another note has anyone got any idea where to begin with compiling source mod extensions/addons to mac OS X. I'm really keen to get Left4Downtown working on my Mac for LAN parties, but no one seems to have attempted and I can find any guides for building the Mac Binaries. Any help would be greatly appreciated - not the typical 'compile for mac' answer I've seen, as no one seems to have done that, and I have no coding experience. A guide for compiling these for Mac would be perfect if someone knows how or has a link.

Last edited by wittin; 08-29-2014 at 05:38.
snupydogg
Old 08-30-2014 , 13:16   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #170

I think I've managed to figure out a lot of things on my own so far, but a big issue I'm still having is, now that TF2 is using Unique IDs instead of Steam IDs, my admins_simple.ini does not work at all (back when the update first happened. I don't have sourcemod anymore because of the above reason, so until I figure out how to merge the folders I can't really check or do anything). I've been told I have to use admins.cfg, but I'm not sure exactly how to set everything and get everything to work.

I really want to get my srcds back up and running. I was having a great time playing with my friends, and when they were busy, removing the password and letting anyone come on and enjoy themselves. However, I can't do that anymore because of these two recent updates.

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

Edit:I figured out that I can manually merge folders. I wasn't restarting my server, which was the problem I was having. I'm still confused with the admins.cfg stuff though.

Last edited by snupydogg; 08-30-2014 at 20:53.