Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW BOSS: FaL, by Bouncer and FaL)

Post New Thread Reply   

LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 12-30-2018 , 01:09   Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW BOSS: FaL, by Bouncer and FaL)
Reply With Quote #1

So recently, I figured I'd get back into boss creation. It's a fun hobby of mine, just to see what sort of fun stuff I can come up with, so why not make some more? Though I did come to the unfortunate realization that a page can only have up to 20 images, so I can't quite update my usual thread. As much as I'd like to complain about it, I guess it really is a blessing in disguise, as my old page had quite a few issues (such as the fact that every single download required the use of... MediaFire). Instead of going through and correcting every little error, I decided it'd be easier to just let the thread run its course and make all of the necessary improvements on a new one when it inevitably must be made. All downloads from this point will be done via Dropbox, a much safer and more commonly used site. Additionally, all custom textures I make will be made with GIMP, which allows them to be far higher-res than my old program, Paint.NET, which was essentially just glorified MS Paint. The last of my major changes with this thread is that all boss previews will be done using SFM posters (all of which are made by myself). I am by no means a pro with the software, but it's way better than taking a PNG of the boss and slapping a Google images background behind them (albeit it takes longer, but I don't really mind this, because SFM is actually pretty fun to use). Forewarning: most of my bosses are OCs. That doesn't mean they're all going to be OCs, of course, and I try to stay out of DeviantArt-level territory, but if OCs aren't your thing, I fully respect that and wouldn't blame you for clicking off of the page. That's about all I have to say that's of any note. If you actually read the massive wall of text I typed up, thanks; you're awesome! The bosses themselves are below.

Boss #1: Memelord

(Download)

Description: Memelord was yet another one of my earlier ideas in boss creation. The original plan was for him to be a spy wearing a disguise mask featuring a Lenny face, but in the end, I figured I'd change that entirely, hence his new design. Because there's no way to make a genuine meme Hale without it becoming dated within a month or two (at least, not that my tiny little peanut brain can comprehend), I decided he should be a caricature of your average unfunny Instagram meme account, spouting a constant fountain of stale memes. After all, everyone enjoys a good meme, but when they become oversaturated, that's when it becomes obnoxious.

Baseline Stats:
HP Formula: (((700+n)*n)^1.04) (Below Average)
Base Movement Speed: 420 HU/s (Above Average)
Rage Damage: 3000
Mobility: Super Jump (50% increased power)

Weapon Stats: Memelord wields a Holy Mackerel that deals only 90-100 damage per hit, but grants triple jumps, mini-crits while airborne, swings 30% faster, and has a 50% longer attack range.

Rage Ability: On rage, Memelord completely stuns all opponents for seven seconds, preventing them from moving or attacking. Sentries are stunned for fifteen seconds.

Dependencies: The Mimicer's Subplugin (will remove if requested by SomePanns), Saxtoner Ability Pack, Dynamic Defaults

BGM: Katamari Damacy - Katamari on the Rocks (SiIvaGunner Version)

Boss #2: Corrupted Engineer (Fixed)

(Download)

Description: Corrupted Engineer was one of my older bosses, being one of my several "corrupted" bosses. While he was, in fact, my most recent Corrupted Boss, he was also the most broken, being incapable of using his PDA, but also completely invisible until he was within melee range, at which point it was typically too late to do anything. In a way, he truly was corrupted, just... not in the intended way. The new version fixes both of these issues, and simplifies his gameplay. Special thanks to Sadao, without whom I would have never known why Corrupted Engineer's model was invisible!

Baseline Stats:
HP Formula: (((760+n)*n)^1.04) (Average)
Base Movement Speed: 480 HU/s (Far Above Average)
Rage Damage: 5000
Mobility: Super Jump (70% increased power)

Weapon Stats: Corrupted Engineer wields a Gunslinger which regenerates twenty metal per five seconds, grants a 300% increased metal capacity, grants buildings 300% increased HP, and increases the construction rate of all buildings by 50%.

Rage Ability: On rage, Corrupted Engineer spooks opponents for four seconds and gains a PDA, which he can use to build. The intended use is to quickly put up a level one sentry while RED is stunned, using the 300% increased building HP to make sure the poor thing isn't instantly annihilated, but the PDA also comes with several other utilities as well. CE also gains four short-range point teleports upon rage.

Dependencies: Koishi's Abilities, Dynamic Defaults

BGM: Portal 2 - I Saw a Deer Today (SiIvaGunner Version), Portal 2 - An Accent Beyond (SiIvaGunner version) (Links are unavailable due to SiIvaGunner's channel being terminated)

Boss #3: Ultra-Instinct Shaggy

(Download)

Description: An old boss that inexplicably went unpublished. Ultra-Instinct Shaggy was my first venture into rigging, and to be brutally honest, it shows; while the rig isn't god-awful, his limbs can be thin at times, his fingers are completely screwed, and his stock melee taunt features him stretching his head like it's a giant ball of silly putty. Aside from all of this, the rig is functional, and like I said, it's not god-awful. Gameplay-wise, his rage was originally supposed to be a slow but controllable laser that could kill through walls and have infinite range, but in testing, I found that the ability crashed the server when playing with multiple real people as opposed to some bots. Because of this, his rage is just the ion cannon from Phat Rages. Not the most unique of rages, but it's enjoyable to play with.

Baseline Stats:
HP Formula: (((900+n)*n)^1.04)/7 (Above Average)
Lives: 7 (Upon losing a life: nothing)
Base Movement Speed: 400 HU/s (Slightly Above Average)
Rage Damage: 4000
Mobility: Super Jump

Weapon Stats: Ultra-Instinct Shaggy wields a stock Kukiri which starts at the base damage for bosses and increases with the damage Shaggy has sustained, just like the Equalizer.

Rage Ability: On rage, Ultra-Instinct Shaggy releases a powerful "orbital ki blast" (ion cannon) at his feet. The blast takes five seconds to charge and deals 9999 damage to anything within 4000 hammer units of ground zero. He also gains a seven second ubercharge.

Dependencies: Phat Rages

BGM: Dragon Ball Super - Ultimate Battle/Ultra instinct | Instrumental Epic Rock COVER

Boss #4: FaL (Created by Bouncer and FaL)

(Download)

Description: For the first time, a boss is on my page that wasn't actually created by me! This absolute beauty of a model and its textures were both made by FaL, and the config was written by Bouncer. Despite this, they decided to have me publish FaL on my page. It's a pretty neat boss, if I do say so myself.

Baseline Stats:
HP Formula: (2500*n)/2 (Extremely High)
Lives: 2 (Upon losing a life: stuns all players and sentries for one second, gains uber for six seconds, and is given a Half-Zatoichi that turns players to gold on kill, has a killstreak effect, grants a 50% resistance to blast damage, bullet damage, and fire damage, has the melee range of a sword, gains infinite crits on a kill, and deals 50% less damage VS players)
Base Movement Speed: 350 HU/s (Average)
Rage Damage: 100
Mobility: N/A

Weapon Stats: FaL starts off with a standard shovel that turns players to gold and has a killstreak effect. This shovel also gains permanent crits on kill, deals 33% less damage VS players, and increases the ammo for his rocket launcher by 500%. Speaking of his rocket launcher, FaL also wields an Australium Black Box with KS effects and the ability to turn its targets to gold. This box deals 20% less damage VS buildings, 6% less damage VS players, reloads 30% faster, has a 500% larger clip size, fires projectiles that are 40% slower, regenerates five rockets per second, has a 40% smaller blast radius, and has no damage falloff. Finally, he also wields a shotgun. Unsurprisingly, this shotgun turns players to gold and has killstreak effects. It deals 1% less damage VS players, deals 200% more damage VS buildings, fires 500% slower, and regenerates five shells per second.

Rage Ability: On rage, FaL gains the Plague powerup for five seconds and is granted the Haste powerup for fifteen seconds. FaL also has a wide variety of passive abilities: he shrouds the map in an ominous fog for the entirety of the round, and can "dodge" damage for seven seconds at the cost of 25% of his rage. While dodging, he is granted full knockback immunity for seven seconds. During these seven seconds, all attacks he is hit by have a 75% of being ignored, as though he were under the effects of Bonk! Atomic Soda. This ability takes five seconds to charge and thirty seconds to recharge. Furthermore, revive markers are active for the duration of the round, allowing enemy medics to revive their team.

Dependencies: Koishi's Abilities, TFConditions, Saxtoner Ability Pack, Fog Effects

BGM: Crypt of the NecroDancer OST - A Shadow to Prevail (4-3 Remix), FamilyJules7x - Pyrodancer (Death Metal Remix), ♦75♦ 東方Touhou [Folk/Metal] Ancient Temple
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!

Last edited by LordHotPocketHomicide; 02-14-2019 at 18:56. Reason: Added Ultra-Instinct Shaggy
LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 01-07-2019 , 23:18   Re: Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW(?) BOSS: Corrupted Engineer (Fixed))
Reply With Quote #2

Bumped: Added the fixed version of Corrupted Engineer.
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!
Batfoxkid
Old 01-08-2019 , 00:22   Re: Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW(?) BOSS: Corrupted Engineer (Fixed))
Reply With Quote #3

It's probably best to use a different file path then use the same one because of players shouldn't/unaware of deleting previous files.
Old 01-08-2019 , 19:14   Re: Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW(?) BOSS: Corrupted Engineer (Fixed))
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfoxkid View Post
It's probably best to use a different file path then use the same one because of players shouldn't/unaware of deleting previous files.
Thanks for the heads-up, I can't believe I completely forgot I could just edit file names and paths. I've updated the thread so that a newer zip is available to download.
LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 01-23-2019 , 18:18   Re: Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW BOSS: Ultra-Instinct Shaggy)
Reply With Quote #5

Bumped: added Ultra-Instinct Shaggy.
LordHotPocketHomicide
Old 02-14-2019 , 18:41   Re: Lord Homicide's Even Newer Bosses (NEW BOSS: Chaoskrieg FaL, by Bouncer and FaL)
Reply With Quote #6

Bumped: Added Chaoskrieg FaL, a boss created by Bouncer and FaL and directly requested that I upload it.