Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading

Post New Thread Reply   

a1946281677
Old 02-02-2019 , 07:20   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #31

Can you separate the quantity of ammo for a single pistol, a double pistol and magnum? Thank you very much.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-20-2019 , 11:21   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #32

---VERSION 1.4 Beta---
Added pistol ammo display using instructor hints. (Instructor Hints must be enabled on clients to see it)
Added customizable pistol and magnum clips(work in progress, probably buggy)
Reworked ammo handling code to take into account individual pistols.
Misc code revisions and fixes.
Please report any bugs.
KoMiKoZa
Old 03-01-2019 , 04:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
---VERSION 1.4 Beta---
Added pistol ammo display using instructor hints. (Instructor Hints must be enabled on clients to see it)
Added customizable pistol and magnum clips(work in progress, probably buggy)
Reworked ammo handling code to take into account individual pistols.
Misc code revisions and fixes.
Please report any bugs.
Thank you for this. The separate ammo count seems to be working fine, but default [single] pistol will have like 7 bullets upon the round start or getting incapped, and I mean ONLY 7, so you need to reload by using an ammo pile right when the game starts. And incaps render you helpless. Needs a fix. Didn't notice the same thing on magnum.

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 03-01-2019 at 04:17.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 03-01-2019 , 07:05   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMiKoZa View Post
Thank you for this. The separate ammo count seems to be working fine, but default [single] pistol will have like 7 bullets upon the round start or getting incapped, and I mean ONLY 7, so you need to reload by using an ammo pile right when the game starts. And incaps render you helpless. Needs a fix. Didn't notice the same thing on magnum.
ok thanks...i'll look into it as soon as possible.
a1946281677
Old 03-01-2019 , 22:08   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #35

I enabled l4d_pistol_hud, but it still doesn't show the total amount of ammunition retained, I don't know if this is a mistake. But thank you very much.
mikaelangelis
Old 03-11-2019 , 22:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #36

well. Why don't you make it like M60 gun control plugin (the ammo reserve count is still in the HUD box like other weapon) but hint? Anyway it is still good

secondly, I use this along with drop plugin and when i drop dual pistol then re-pick up, the dual pistols restore to 75 ammo reserve (so I don't even need to refill at ammostash)
EDIT: well i guess the second statement is wrong, the bug comes from drop item plugin itself, so it is not your fault

Last edited by mikaelangelis; 03-11-2019 at 22:38.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-14-2019 , 19:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelangelis View Post
well. Why don't you make it like M60 gun control plugin (the ammo reserve count is still in the HUD box like other weapon) but hint? Anyway it is still good

secondly, I use this along with drop plugin and when i drop dual pistol then re-pick up, the dual pistols restore to 75 ammo reserve (so I don't even need to refill at ammostash)
EDIT: well i guess the second statement is wrong, the bug comes from drop item plugin itself, so it is not your fault
the m60 is a primary weapon...secondary weapons will not display reserve ammo on the weapon hud because valve never intended pistols to have reserve ammo...
the_sniperboy94
Old 01-17-2020 , 19:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #38

i have a question. how do i increase the ammo. the default pistol ammo is 75 and default double pistol is 150 and magnum default is 88. i feel like the ammo is to small and i want to increase the ammo. so how do i do that. oh and i did change the l4d_pistol_reloading.cfg file but the ammos are still the same
Shao
Old 05-07-2020 , 07:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #39

This plugin has great potential.

There is just too many downsides still to enjoy it fully. I've tried it with multiple equipment for melee to keep people from being defenseless.

If I have to criticize:

1. No ammo counter is the biggest one, 120 feels like plenty to pair with a melee weapon but not knowing the ammo is a big turn off as most people are too afraid to shoot much in the end. This really deserves one like the M60.

2. I can totally understand why the ammo pool is shared, but the fact people can be defenseless in incapacitation is rather pushing it, maybe have a command to enable the infinite ammo back till the survivor are back up. It would also be nice to separate pistol ammo from magnum, considering how strong one is compared the other, nerfing the reserve doesn't do much to compensate for the other.

3. Having a Magnum but still getting a Pistol if incapacitated with Melee, this one is rather picky but it can be annoying.

4. No matter the ammo count, as long as it's positive it can be reloaded, be it I'm reloading at 1 spare it'll still give a full magazine then block the reload.

5. Being unable to refill the pistol unless it's equipped with multiple equipment, this can be honestly ignored but I thought I'd point it out for perhaps a solution since a lot of players just forget and end up in bad situations, I don't know if that's how it works with primaries too but otherwise, not as big of a deal but would be nice to improve on.

Otherwise you've nailed a lot of aspects while I was testing for bugs. I didn't come across any aside dropping the weapon manually. I was willing to absolutely disable my ability to drop pistols just to play with this, unfortunately it's pretty rough on the edges still and I can't find myself justifying it until there's at least an ammo counter.

Last edited by Shao; 05-07-2020 at 07:42. Reason: More info. Typo.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-07-2020 , 11:06   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Pistol Reloading
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
This plugin has great potential.

There is just too many downsides still to enjoy it fully. I've tried it with multiple equipment for melee to keep people from being defenseless.

If I have to criticize:

1. No ammo counter is the biggest one, 120 feels like plenty to pair with a melee weapon but not knowing the ammo is a big turn off as most people are too afraid to shoot much in the end. This really deserves one like the M60.

2. I can totally understand why the ammo pool is shared, but the fact people can be defenseless in incapacitation is rather pushing it, maybe have a command to enable the infinite ammo back till the survivor are back up. It would also be nice to separate pistol ammo from magnum, considering how strong one is compared the other, nerfing the reserve doesn't do much to compensate for the other.

3. Having a Magnum but still getting a Pistol if incapacitated with Melee, this one is rather picky but it can be annoying.

4. No matter the ammo count, as long as it's positive it can be reloaded, be it I'm reloading at 1 spare it'll still give a full magazine then block the reload.

5. Being unable to refill the pistol unless it's equipped with multiple equipment, this can be honestly ignored but I thought I'd point it out for perhaps a solution since a lot of players just forget and end up in bad situations, I don't know if that's how it works with primaries too but otherwise, not as big of a deal but would be nice to improve on.

Otherwise you've nailed a lot of aspects while I was testing for bugs. I didn't come across any aside dropping the weapon manually. I was willing to absolutely disable my ability to drop pistols just to play with this, unfortunately it's pretty rough on the edges still and I can't find myself justifying it until there's at least an ammo counter.
This plugin is no longer supported...also this...