ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2012 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lik_1981 View Post
cause most of players became mad when somebody killing them

80% wants to full disable attacking
How would they kill the boss without being able to attack?
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-28-2012 , 14:13   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
This works excellent. The only problem we had, is when boss disappears (viaduct_event) and the portal is still open, killing can resume and people were raging at those not letting them in the portal to finish up after the boss kill. I presume this is unavoidable since the boss is gone and the code allows for that.......other than that, excellent plugin! Thanks again!
Yea, the plugin calls to allow killing once the boss either leaves or dies, I don't know if there is an event that states when the portal opens or closes.
eco3576
Old 10-28-2012 , 15:22   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #13

There's a func_nobuild there on Loot Island. You can hook into that entity and apply godmode when a player enters said trigger.
jack_wade
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-28-2012 , 19:31   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #14

Apparently, if the round ends while the boss is still alive, players can not inflict damage to the other team during next round until the boss spawns again.

ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-28-2012 , 21:28   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_wade View Post
Apparently, if the round ends while the boss is still alive, players can not inflict damage to the other team during next round until the boss spawns again.
Version 1.0.1 Released

Changes:
* Fixed bug where kill block would stay on after round end. (Until boss spawned again)
* Combined CVars into one. You're welcome FlaminSarge.

You should recreate your config file for the CVars to work properly.

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 10-28-2012 at 21:30.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2012 , 22:46   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #16

The boss is more annoying than anything, as more players join he becomes almost impossible to kill unless you stack classes (32 players?) he has like 150k health. A simpler option is to just scale his health by % or a flat amount so players can simply kill him if they wish, and fight over the cap or continue to kill as he's up and about. Also with this method, pyros can still airblast people around to annoy others if they wish to troll, among other things.

To set his health you can use.
SetEntProp(entity, Prop_Data, "m_iHealth", newbosshealth, 1);
Just do on his event spawn.
If you want to scale by percent, just grab the old health. You may also want to change the max health, so it won't look like he spawns with a % missing, but most people don't really care it seems... and it's probably good to let them know that such mods are in place.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-28-2012 , 22:50   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
The boss is more annoying than anything, as more players join he becomes almost impossible to kill unless you stack classes (32 players?) he has like 150k health. A simpler option is to just scale his health by % or a flat amount so players can simply kill him if they wish, and fight over the cap or continue to kill as he's up and about. Also with this method, pyros can still airblast people around to annoy others if they wish to troll, among other things.

To set his health you can use.
SetEntProp(entity, Prop_Data, "m_iHealth", newbosshealth, 1);
Just do on his event spawn.
If you want to scale by percent, just grab the old health. You may also want to change the max health, so it won't look like he spawns with a % missing, but most people don't really care it seems... and it's probably good to let them know that such mods are in place.
This plugin has nothing to do with that. This has been requested by several people so I made it simply remove damage done by the enemy team.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2012 , 23:10   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #18

I had the same thing going the other day, but people can switch pyro and harass people, and with 30 people, it's pretty much impossible to kill the boss. You can also get his bombs and run around and go blow up wherever. I suppose you could try to balance this.. I could disable airblast, but then you can't put out teammates. Similarly, jarate can help your team, or mess with the enemy team.

One thing you should think about adding for sure, is disabling sentry target on all players while the event is active. This will force sentries to only target the boss, and players can work side by side without having to rely on the wrangler. They'll probably gain dps by shooting him with the pistol and such when he is far away anyways.

Just loop this over valid clients when you enable/disable your damage.

Sentry target off:
new flags = GetEntityFlags(i);
SetEntityFlags(i, flags | FL_NOTARGET);

Sentry target on:
SetEntityFlags(i, flags &~ FL_NOTARGET);

One solution is to swap players to one team, respawn them, and teleport them to new locations closer to the encounter as he spawns, but this could have issues as well.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off the wrong way, just stating from testing the same thing.
Perhaps a combination of this + scaling the boss health by a percent would be more effective solution for allowing players to fight the boss (atleast for larger playercount servers). It's very hard to get everyone to stack classes, and focus on the boss to kill him. We were having to use 10 or so huntsman snipers with 32 players to take him down, and nobody was really afk or killing other players while the event was going on.

Last edited by friagram; 10-28-2012 at 23:13.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-28-2012 , 23:12   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
I had the same thing going the other day, but people can switch pyro and harass people, and with 30 people, it's pretty much impossible to kill the boss. You can also get his bombs and run around and go blow up wherever. I suppose you could try to balance this.. I could disable airblast, but then you can't put out teammates. Similarly, jarate can help your team, or mess with the enemy team.

One thing you should think about adding for sure, is disabling sentry target on all players while the event is active. This will force sentries to only target the boss, and players can work side by side without having to rely on the wrangler. They'll probably gain dps by shooting him with the pistol and such when he is far away anyways.

Just loop this over valid clients when you enable/disable your damage.

Sentry target off:
new flags = GetEntityFlags(i);
SetEntityFlags(client, flags | FL_NOTARGET);

Sentry target on:
SetEntityFlags(client, flags &~ FL_NOTARGET);

One solution is to swap players to one team, respawn them, and teleport them to new locations closer to the encounter as he spawns, but this could have issues as well.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off the wrong way, just stating from testing the same thing.
Perhaps a combination of this + scaling the boss health by a percent would be more effective solution for allowing players to fight the boss (atleast for larger playercount servers). It's very hard to get everyone to stack classes, and focus on the boss to kill him. We were having to use 10 or so huntsman snipers with 32 players to take him down, and nobody was really afk or killing other players while the event was going on.
I wont be scaling the boss's hp as the default health poll on the boss is pretty spectacular. It gives a good challenge to a server and I don't want to change that. Also, killing the boss isn't "that difficult"

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 10-28-2012 at 23:13.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2012 , 23:19   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #20

He's not "that hard" if people are working together. Adding a cvar to scale his health may give some ops the flexibility to tune him to their server. You don't have to add it, but note that after killing him 50-100 times, many players lose interest in fighting him and working as a team, and just wait around for the gifts, or try to kill other players. The event is pretty cool/chalenging, but eventually babysitting will have to be done. What do when you have 5+ people who don't want to fight him constantly, just waiting around for presents? I suppose you could just kick them or something..

Though with SDKhooks removing teamdamage, you could just have a ton of medics/pyros sit right on top of the boss and blast him with flamethrowers all day, which also defeats the purpose of the encounter. Either way you cut it, you are changing the difficulty qutie a bit.

Anyways, sentries will be useless if you don't fix the flags. They'll just sit there firing on immune players.