Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [TFC] How to disable chat sound ; Ham_Touch problem

Post New Thread Reply   

Vancold
Old 02-11-2020 , 08:44   [TFC] How to disable chat sound ; Ham_Touch problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys!

I do have a short question. When player use the say / team_say command and write something and it gets printed in the server, it makes a sound.

I am no newb but i can't find any clue as to how to deactivate the sound?

Also i would like to know how to make a hook on Ham_Touch do the following.

I set up a info_tfgoal which is just a backpack which gives ammo and i hooked the Touch function on the info_tfgoal.

So when player touches the info_tfgoal it would normally get removed and spawn after 5 seconds (that's my wait time). But since i hooked it it just despawn.
And i dont why, since it should.

Thanks

Last edited by Vancold; 02-11-2020 at 16:50.
Old 02-11-2020, 14:18
gabuch2
This message has been deleted by gabuch2. Reason: Didn't know you could stop sounds in specific channels. Nice find DarthMan.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2020 , 16:07   Re: [TFC] How to disable chat sound ; Ham_Touch problem
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancold View Post
Hey guys!

I do have a short question. When player use the say / team_say command and write something and it gets printed in the server, it makes a sound.

I am no newb but i can't find any clue as to how to deactivate the sound?

Also i would like to know how to make a hook on Ham_Touch do the following.

I set up a info_tfgoal which is just a backpack which gives ammo and i hooked the Touch function on the info_tfgoal.

So when player touches the info_tfgoal it would normally get removed and spawn after 5 seconds (that's my wait time). But since i hooked it it just despawn.
And i dont why, since it should.

Thanks
You can easely change the sound. Just use the SayText and TextMsg, as post, after the messages were sent, do this:

PHP Code:
StopSendSound(const iID)
{

message_begin(MSG_ONESVC_STOPSOUND_iID);

write_short((iID << 3) | CHAN_ITEM);

message_end();

This will stop the sounds entirely and prevent them from ever playing.

Best way, if you want it to be hookable from plug-ins as well, would be to sue Orpheu and hook pfnMessageBegin and pfnMessageEnd, both as post.

For the tfgoal entity not sure how you coded it, but I can give a suggestion:
Hook pfnKeyValue, read the value of the wait key, store it somewhere, on touch retrive the value and set the nextthink to get_gametime + float of the value.

Last edited by DarthMan; 02-11-2020 at 16:12.
Vancold
Old 02-11-2020 , 16:50   Re: [TFC] How to disable chat sound ; Ham_Touch problem
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMan View Post
You can easely change the sound. Just use the SayText and TextMsg, as post, after the messages were sent, do this:

PHP Code:
StopSendSound(const iID)
{

message_begin(MSG_ONESVC_STOPSOUND_iID);

write_short((iID << 3) | CHAN_ITEM);

message_end();

This will stop the sounds entirely and prevent them from ever playing.

Best way, if you want it to be hookable from plug-ins as well, would be to sue Orpheu and hook pfnMessageBegin and pfnMessageEnd, both as post.

For the tfgoal entity not sure how you coded it, but I can give a suggestion:
Hook pfnKeyValue, read the value of the wait key, store it somewhere, on touch retrive the value and set the nextthink to get_gametime + float of the value.

Ty Darthman ;) The post hook makes sense. The info_tfgoal problem isn't as easy as it sounds. the problem is that i thought that this would be an efficent way, but i got a different idea, that should work.

have a nice day
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2020 , 16:55   Re: [TFC] How to disable chat sound ; Ham_Touch problem
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancold View Post
Ty Darthman ;) The post hook makes sense. The info_tfgoal problem isn't as easy as it sounds. the problem is that i thought that this would be an efficent way, but i got a different idea, that should work.

have a nice day
I see. You too