Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?

Post New Thread Reply   

jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2015 , 22:03   A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #1

We have been getting a lot of players joining with throwaway accounts that have yet ot be set up. Like this guy. Can someone make a public plugin that will just ban people that have yet to set up anything on their profile and still have the "This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile. If you know them, encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!" message on join?

Also, I know this may ban some legit players, but 99/100 times it is a hacker with a new account.

Last edited by jpwanabe; 03-18-2015 at 22:38.
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2015 , 04:30   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #2

he just literrally got vac ban lol

but seriously, you should do what steam say, encourage them, take their hands and show them what a community profile is even if they 360 no scope jump shot you. I'm just kidding, I feel the pain man, there is a plugin that block F2P players https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=160049

Last edited by Mathias.; 03-19-2015 at 04:33.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2015 , 08:46   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #3

At one point I was going to release a plugin that only allows players that have N playing time in their profile. Maybe it's time to revisit this idea?
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2015 , 10:08   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Rabbit View Post
he just literrally got vac ban lol

but seriously, you should do what steam say, encourage them, take their hands and show them what a community profile is even if they 360 no scope jump shot you. I'm just kidding, I feel the pain man, there is a plugin that block F2P players https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=160049
I don't want to block F2P. Just players who have yet to set up their profile.

Also TnTSCS, that won't allow private or friends only profiles to play.

Last edited by jpwanabe; 03-19-2015 at 10:09.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-19-2015 , 15:32   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
At one point I was going to release a plugin that only allows players that have N playing time in their profile. Maybe it's time to revisit this idea?
Isn't there an issue of getting a player's information if he has a profile private, or not setup at all?
Well it did return this:
Spoiler

As you can see it does give you a date stamp of "18.03.2015 023:45" (UTC)
Resembling the profile was created a day ago.

"profilestate" will be set to 1 if the user's profile is setup.

Also IsPlayingSharedGame will show if the user is playing the game via family sharing.

EDIT: I've made a quick example here: http://snbx.info/steamstats/getinfo....61198186072411
The steamids can be separated by commas or semicolons, there's no gurentee they will return in the same order.
Replace "XXXXXX" with your Steam API key.

Here is the script used:
Spoiler

This should be a nice wrapper for a plugin to use to get the information and easier to read it, as getting the whole page from steam web api itself will be questionable as max string length if you want to get multiple steamid's.

Last edited by Mitchell; 03-19-2015 at 16:24.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2015 , 07:32   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #6

they are assigned a steamID even if profile is not setup you know.....

but there is players who can join without a steamID wich is where SMAC comes in. (happend before and all he was doing was aimbotting, you could not ban him since he had no SteamID) you could prob IP ban him if you have the plugin that lets you see their ip.

it will kick players who dont authenticate within 10 seconds of joining the server (steam ID) etc.

// [smac_client.smx] Kick clients that fail to authenticate within 10 seconds of joining the server.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
smac_validate_auth "1"

But annyway, you ask for just a plugin that will kick new steams when they connect to ur server? i mean cant u just get more admins on ur server if ur server is so popular? they have a steam id so just ban them.

and we talk Gmod here right?

Last edited by Robin955; 03-20-2015 at 07:39.
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2015 , 08:07   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=255871
Old 03-25-2015 , 02:18   Re: A plugin to ban new profile that have yet to be set up?
Reply With Quote #8

Anyone have an update on this? The veterans thing won't do what I want, because hackers still get playtime from hacking on other servers.

Last edited by jpwanabe; 03-25-2015 at 02:18.