Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

cssdm and bot management

Post New Thread Reply   

FeelsGoodMan
Old 04-06-2018 , 12:20   cssdm and bot management
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, not really sure how to go about this issue.

If i let the cssdm_bots_balance cvar handle balancing it won't add bots when players leaves and won't kick bots if players joins until round end or map change. Meaning the server can get full of bots in a round preventing anyone from joining until next map. I am running a 10 man server with 8 bots. If 2 people joins, the server will be full until the excessive bots are kicked. Every round is 10 minutes, then the map changes. So as you can imagine this is not very practical or preferable. This happens if i try to set cssdm_bots_balance to 0 and manage bots through my server.cfg instead as well.

I CAN however make the bots leave/join exactly as i wish if i use mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1. The only downside with that is that round end is bugged and mp_chattime doesnt work as intended. I have it set to 5 seconds, yet you freeze for around a minute at round end. I am using a time limit enforcer (I have tried many different) but it's still not working. Sometimes the round will just keep going as well.

UPDATE: Now i installed a plugin that changes mp_ignore_round_win_conditions to 0 at round end, but this only works the first round. So the first round ends as normal but any other rounds after that just keeps going forever.

I also tried recompiling a force map end plugin with a different terminate round condition but everything on this list (https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/cs...RoundEndReason) counts as a fucking win/lose condition. There HAS to be some way to get smoothly joining/leaving bots AND get the rounds to end exactly when i want them to?

Any ideas? RTV uses changelevel, surely it should be possible to force changelevel to nextmap with a plugin?

Server cfg:

Spoiler

PM me or add me on STEAM for assistance with web development (MyBB, wordpress, PhPBB etc.)

Last edited by FeelsGoodMan; 04-06-2018 at 16:29.
FeelsGoodMan
Old 04-07-2018 , 07:15   Re: cssdm and bot management
Reply With Quote #2

Please disregard everything here. I forgot the sm_forcetimelimit_enable 1 cvar. I feel really dumb... 20 hours of troubleshooting for nothing.

PM me or add me on STEAM for assistance with web development (MyBB, wordpress, PhPBB etc.)