Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Plugin that allows you to block, kick or ban players that abuse the 'vocalize' comands. Blocks the stupid griefers who spam vocalize commands throughout campaigns
    Old 01-09-2009 , 14:52   [L4D] Vocalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a hack of a plugin that CrimsonGT wrote to block the 'callvote' commands. This is 99.9% the same code as the other plugin but has been changed up to give it unique cvars and HUD text strings. All credit should goto CrimsonGT for this. I simply just modified his work.

I hacked this up as I was sick and tired of people joining my L4D games only to non stop spam vocalize commands making it hard to hear any of the game play environment and constantly looking for the "Tank" or 'Witch" or other crap they are spamming about.

Comands / CVARS for sourcemod.cfg or CLI:

"sm_vocalize_guard_enabled", "1", "Enable/Disable L4D Vocalize Guardian [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE]"

"sm_vocalize_guard_adminimmune", "1", "Enable/Disable Admin Immunity to Penalties [0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE]"
    Allows you to let your admins still spam if they wish to. I personally would shoot my admins that did this so YYMV.

"sm_vocalize_guard_vlimit", "10", "Max Vocalize Spam Calls Allowed [0 = NO LIMIT]"
    The amount of times the 'vocalize' command can be run in the 'vdelay' time period. Default is '10' meaning they can run 'vocalize' 10 times in a 3 second time period before they are kicked.

"sm_vocalize_guard_vdelay", "3", "Delay before a player can call another Vocalize command [0 = DISABLED]"
    The amount of time delay between using the 'vocalize' command. Keep in mind the players all use scripted volcalize commands when you pickup items so you will NOT want to put this to a high number or you will kick players when they pickup guns at the start of each round.

"sm_vocalize_guard_bantime", "5", "Duration of Ban [0 = KICKS PLAYER]"
    Duration in time the kicked player is banned for. Default of 5 mins.

NOTE: if you adjust the 'vdelay' time to low it WILL block and kick players on the start of campaigns or when spawning in the safe room. This is due to the scripted vocalize commands that are played when you pick up items. I would suggest keeping the upper limit high around 10 per vdelay. Meaning they can run 10 vocalize commands in the 3 second period before they are blocked and kicked.

I am also not 100% sure the "sm_vocalize_guard_adminimmune" is fully working. I was not able to test this much last night. Any input would be appreciate.

-Teddy
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (vocal_block.sp - 4122 views - 6.6 KB)
    File Type: smx vocalblock.smx (4.9 KB, 1109 views)

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
    L4D Player Info

Last edited by teddyruxpin; 01-12-2009 at 16:45.
    {7~11} TROLL
    Old 01-09-2009 , 15:01   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #2

cool idea very helpful i cant stand commands spamming lol
    Old 01-09-2009 , 16:20   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #3

I was trying to make a simple plugin to stop the vocalize spam. What I found was whenever your character (or bots) in the game randomly says something it triggers the vocalize command, and when you use the radial menu to say things it will also trigger.

So that may be an issue if someone uses the radial menu to fast? I know I have to sometimes spam the "Look" vocalization because its easier to tell everyone else that there is a 'Gren/medpack/weapons' here with the in-game radial menu, rather than using my mic.
    teddyruxpin
    Overseer of lost packets
    Old 01-09-2009 , 17:28   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
    I was trying to make a simple plugin to stop the vocalize spam. What I found was whenever your character (or bots) in the game randomly says something it triggers the vocalize command, and when you use the radial menu to say things it will also trigger.

So that may be an issue if someone uses the radial menu to fast? I know I have to sometimes spam the "Look" vocalization because its easier to tell everyone else that there is a 'Gren/medpack/weapons' here with the in-game radial menu, rather than using my mic.

You would want to adjust this field to your needs. Default it will allow you to press the button 10 times in 3 seconds before it blocks you. So you would have be bashing on that keyboard to cause a problem where you get kicked. I would first mute you for 8 tries and kick you on the 10th.

"sm_vocalize_guard_vdelay", "3", "Delay before a player can call another Vocalize command [0 = DISABLED]"
    The amount of time delay between using the 'vocalize' command. Keep in mind the players all use scripted volcalize commands when you pickup items so you will NOT want to put this to a high number or you will kick players when they pickup guns at the start of each round.

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
    L4D Player Info
    bman87
    Old 01-09-2009 , 17:35   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
    You would want to adjust this field to your needs. Default it will allow you to press the button 10 times in 3 seconds before it blocks you. So you would have be bashing on that keyboard to cause a problem where you get kicked. I would first mute you for 8 tries and kick you on the 10th.

-Teddy
    Right, I didn't see your explanation. You are aware of the scripted vocalizations. I just decided to scrap my plugin because I did not want it to interfere with the scripted stuff, which yours will do.

Someone could abuse the command until they have no more warnings, then a scripted response could go off and trigger a kick/ban.
    ChillyWI
    Reply With Quote #6

Would this work instead?
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=73828

Just to block the vocalize command entirely? Would that block user initiated vocalize commands while allowing the automatic ones? I'd just rather block them entirely, so if that can't do it is it possible for your plugin to do so?
    bman87
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
    Would this work instead?
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=73828

Just to block the vocalize command entirely? Would that block user initiated vocalize commands while allowing the automatic ones? I'd just rather block them entirely, so if that can't do it is it possible for your plugin to do so?
    It will block them entirely, even scripted ones.
    ChillyWI
    Old 01-09-2009 , 17:38   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
    It will block them entirely, even scripted ones.
    Thx for the info.
    DontWannaName
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-09-2009 , 18:42   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #9

In TF2 there is a hidden cvar that allows you to change the rate that a client can use the voice commands. It is sm_cvar tf_max_voice_speak_delay but I dont see one for L4D

macing
    Old 01-11-2009 , 07:58   Re: [L4D] Volcalize Spam Guard
    Reply With Quote #10

I don't know if the admin immunity is supposed to protect you from just the kick/ban or from the warning message and the vdelay or both but on my server it shows the warning message and I have to wait the vdelay-time however I don't get kicked ( Haven't tested it with a script though, only by tapping fast).

Last edited by macing; 02-09-2009 at 12:18.