Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (2.2) [25-Sep-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-28-2022 , 09:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (1.7) [15-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #61

Forcing the map to reload twice? Meaning 2 whole loading screens for players? This is not something I feel to add, it's too specific detecting mode, player count etc. This issue shouldn't occur, maybe something is wrong with the mutations or the game itself to cause these issues. Feel free to modify the plugin and send me a version that works.
Old 11-28-2022 , 11:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (1.7) [15-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Forcing the map to reload twice? Meaning 2 whole loading screens for players? This is not something I feel to add, it's too specific detecting mode, player count etc. This issue shouldn't occur, maybe something is wrong with the mutations or the game itself to cause these issues. Feel free to modify the plugin and send me a version that works.
I understand, it's not the best thing to do, though unless you manage to fix the first load, that's the only way.

I will be writing a plugin to take care of this separately using this method, as I don't have the knowledge nor the skills to directly modify your plugin.
Alex101192
Old 11-29-2022 , 03:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (1.7) [15-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #63

By the way while we are on the topic, I also saw a problem when loading the mutation "holdout" with this plugin. This one was added with last stand and puts you inside a house where you can build barriers and buy weapons and have to survive there.

Somehow, even if you are already in the correct map used by the mutation, the plugin will put you all the way inside the initial saferoom, where the doors aren't present. Needless the say, you are not put in the right map when loading this mode elsewhere so this requires an extra plugin to allow for map voting outside of finales, if you inted to load this from the server.

I was able to move all the way to the house where the mutation takes place and was able to play. Though players won't do that and think the server is broken, so because slaying all actually respawns everybody inside the house where they are supposed to be, I simply automated this into a plugin which slays everybody at start just one time to make sure they are spawned in the right place. The hud also needed this respawn for it to be displayed correctly.

The mutation loads otherwise correctly when started from a lobby.

It feels like the default restart option doesn't interact too well with mutations, including official custom ones added by last stand. Perhaps you can try to set the plugin to automatically use another restart method when players vote for specific modes (holdout in this case), and leave the current one for standard things such as campaign modes. The second restart method with the cvar doesn't seem to be changing anything in game.

Perhaps if you were able to find an alternative restart method (assuming it exists) you could also fix other mutations such as unitedcoop.

Last edited by Alex101192; 11-29-2022 at 03:40.
Silvers
Old 12-05-2022 , 14:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (2.0) [05-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #64

Code:
2.0 (05-Dec-2022)
    - Re-wrote major parts of the plugin to use structs for storing the data. No more limitation on number mutations.
    - Now correctly changes map on gamemodes that are only playable on selected maps. See the "l4d_votemode.cfg" file and "holdout" for more details.
    - Added command "sm_votemode_config" to generate a config file with all the available modes and mutations.
    - Added sounds when voting begins, passes and fails.
    - Added Simplified Chinese (zho) and Traditional Chinese (chi) translations. Thanks to "NoroHime" for providing.
    - Updated "l4d_votemode.cfg" to support some new official gamemodes and those that only work on a select few maps.
    - Updated "l4d_votemode_all.cfg" to support new modes from "Rayman1103's Mutation Mod".
    - Thanks to "Rayman1103" for showing where the gamemodes set specific map.
    - Thanks to "Alex101192" for reporting and lots of help testing.

Last edited by Silvers; 12-05-2022 at 14:59.
Mika Misori
Old 12-05-2022 , 15:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (2.0) [05-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #65

Wow, took 2 hours to figure out why sometimes running the game from the lobby in realism mode launches the game without realism, but just coop (players complained about it).

Turns out that the cvar l4d_votemode_reset "coop" somehow runs the game in coop, without realism, every once in a while, even if realism was selected forcibly in the lobby.

Just FYI.
Maybe someone will encounter this (or maybe it's worth making the default value of cvar cvar l4d_votemode_reset "" : )

Thanks for the cool plugin. All your plugins are masterpiece!
swiftswing1
Old 02-22-2023 , 06:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (1.2) [05-May-2018]
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
1.3 (30-Apr-2020)
    - Optionally uses Info Editor (requires version 1.8 or newer) to detect and change to valid Survival/Scavenge maps.
    - This method will also set the difficulty to Normal when switching to Survival/Scavenge maps.
    - This method only works when l4d_votemode_restart is set to 1.
    - Thanks to "Alex101192" for testing.
If you use this plugin and have Info Editor, you must update Info Editor to version 1.8 or newer.
sorry, i don't understand how to do this - i changed gamemode to survival but tank health is still at hard/impossible game difficulty. do i have to add something to the info_editor_mission.cfg file?
also nice plugin as always!
Silvers
Old 02-22-2023 , 06:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (2.1) [07-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #67

Must be using "l4d_votemode_restart 2" for difficulty to be changed. I should remove the quick restart since that just causes problems for various modes..