Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

DoD TeamManager Source v1.1 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [11th July 2009]

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2008 , 01:22   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #191

How hard would an auto-observe script be to make for this? I mentioned a ways back but....would that be cool? Like in mani, the chasecam locks onto someone specific and follows them displaying their steamid/name and when they respawn from death, the cam locks back onto them automatically.

Im not sure if thats hard to easy to do but, that is one thing sm admin lacks. I wish they had that feature in tf2 also. It would be nice to have a plugin that did that for all orangebox games.

Just an idea.
monkie
Old 10-01-2008 , 01:36   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeuerSturm View Post
i guess you're using "dod_tms_autobalance 2", so once the teams are unbalanced the team with less players "cries" for backup and a message is displayed that the teams are unbalanced, that's why
you hear the voice of the other team.
that's intended as an accustical signal due to peole not always reading
what's on the screen
exactly i'm using "dod_tms_autobalance 2", so it's intended to be designed as an initiative team balance call right?

while it's believed as a backup request calling within combat, ohoo, no only by my players but also by me.

since it is meant to be, what about adding some screen hints to avoid some understanding confusion, such as, "number of allies(axis) players is now less then the opposite, we need you to join the weak if you heard the acoustical calling...", something like that
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2008 , 11:43   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
How hard would an auto-observe script be to make for this? I mentioned a ways back but....would that be cool? Like in mani, the chasecam locks onto someone specific and follows them displaying their steamid/name and when they respawn from death, the cam locks back onto them automatically.

Im not sure if thats hard to easy to do but, that is one thing sm admin lacks. I wish they had that feature in tf2 also. It would be nice to have a plugin that did that for all orangebox games.

Just an idea.
I'm not sure about how hard that would be, i'll look into it and add it to the secretspectate addon.
i know how it would be done with AMXX, so i'll see if that's portable to SM
or if it has to be done a totally different way.

I'll keep you updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
exactly i'm using "dod_tms_autobalance 2", so it's intended to be designed as an initiative team balance call right?

while it's believed as a backup request calling within combat, ohoo, no only by my players but also by me.

since it is meant to be, what about adding some screen hints to avoid some understanding confusion, such as, "number of allies(axis) players is now less then the opposite, we need you to join the weak if you heard the acoustical calling...", something like that
there's already a hint on the screen that says "Team X is in advantage! Please balance the teams!" the same time the "i need backup" voice of the other team is played.

if that's not the case, please let me know!
Dog_Pound
Old 10-01-2008 , 18:36   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #194

Great plugins by the way, finally an afk manager we can actually use, the others kept kicking campers...lol, lots of terrific functionality. One thing that would be really nice is if we could limit access (or shutoff if that's easier) the menu items. Since the plugin automatically moves people, I'd rather not give this ability to a lot of my admins. The encourage and spec is fine for everyone, just would be nice to limit the others to higher, more responsible admins.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2008 , 18:58   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Pound View Post
Great plugins by the way, finally an afk manager we can actually use, the others kept kicking campers...lol, lots of terrific functionality. One thing that would be really nice is if we could limit access (or shutoff if that's easier) the menu items. Since the plugin automatically moves people, I'd rather not give this ability to a lot of my admins. The encourage and spec is fine for everyone, just would be nice to limit the others to higher, more responsible admins.
Well all you gotta do if you dont want any of the menu items, is just not load the playerteammenu plugin. The spec plugin is separate, and will load its own menu.(I think). Just put the playerteammenu plugin in disabled or delete.

Remember, you dont have to load every plugin he includes. I only load 4 of them on our server.

Last edited by retsam; 10-01-2008 at 19:05.
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2008 , 00:38   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Pound View Post
I'll see if i can implement a more advanced rights management,
so you can assign different features to different access levels,
will porbably be in the next major update.
ETA upcomming weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Well all you gotta do if you dont want any of the menu items, is just not load the playerteammenu plugin. The spec plugin is separate, and will load its own menu.(I think). Just put the playerteammenu plugin in disabled or delete.

Remember, you dont have to load every plugin he includes. I only load 4 of them on our server.
Yes, that's correct.
The SecretSpectate Addon creates it's own menu item, all Addons
are independent from each other.
LIONz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2008 , 16:48   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #197

Updated Latvian translation
Attached Files
File Type: zip translations.zip (10.3 KB, 108 views)

monkie
Old 10-03-2008 , 01:50   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #198

Quote:
there's already a hint on the screen that says "Team X is in advantage! Please balance the teams!" the same time the "i need backup" voice of the other team is played.

if that's not the case, please let me know!
well, voice can really be heard but the word hint seems nowhere, can do some check?

p.s. there's no more error spam in my sourcemod logs, my server now seems to be as stable as before(no crash for more than 3 days), thanks for your quick fix~

Last edited by monkie; 10-03-2008 at 07:48.
Send a message via MSN to monkie Send a message via Skype™ to monkie
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2008 , 18:48   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v0.9 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [28th Sep 2008]
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONz View Post
Updated Latvian translation
I added it to the package! Thank you once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
well, voice can really be heard but the word hint seems nowhere, can do some check?

p.s. there's no more error spam in my sourcemod logs, my server now seems to be as stable as before(no crash for more than 3 days), thanks for your quick fix~
That's strange, I'll check that and will add a normal text message as well
in the upcomming version.

Talking of the upcomming version:
I have just been inspired for a new addon while playing on a server......
3 guys were spamming their VoiceCommands and every second you
heard either "Drop your Weapons!", "Enemy behind us!" or "I need Ammo!"...
That bothered me enough to include a new Addon in the upcomming release that allows you to limit the amount of VoiceCommand usage per Round! (like always: Admins can be Immune to that limit)

Stay tuned!
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2008 , 16:10   Re: DoD TeamManager Source v1.0 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language) [05th Oct 2008]
Reply With Quote #200

CHANGELOG:
  • 05 October 2008 - Version 1.0 NEW!
    - Changes - AutoTeamBalance Addon:
    * added standard text message for Mode "2"
    to avoid confusion!
    - Changes - ClanTag Protection Addon:
    * fixed Multilanguage-Support!
    - Changes - Player/Team Menu Addon:
    * added PlayerMenu Item "Slay Player", with what you
    can be sure the targeted player will die, no matter
    if he's in his SpawnArea or not!
    * MixTeams feature now automatically mixes the half of
    each team's players
    * fixed Player Swap menus opening too fast again after
    switching a player, so the wrong team was displayed!
    - Changes - Player/Team Menu Addon:
    * Changed MixTeams feature to automatically
    mix half of the players per Team!
    * added a little StatsWindow that is displayed after
    each round which includes the info which team won,
    time needed to win the round and casualties on both
    teams in that round.
    (see new CVar "dod_tms_roundendteamstats")
    - NEW ADDON: Anti-VoiceCommandSpam!
    * You can be sure now that public players will not spam VoiceCommands!
It's highly recommended to update the Base plugin and ALL Addons
that you are using and then COMPLETELY reboot your server!

After updating please delete the plugin config files in the folder
"\orangebox\dod\cfg\dod_teammanager_sourc e\" manually or
use the DoD TeamManager Source menu -> "Plugin Commands" -> "Recreate Plugin config files" and restart the map to get the latest
CVars within your config files!

DOWNLOAD!