Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

broWnie_maN
Old 04-26-2007 , 04:25   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

i mean the bot thing... not the hero error
Sometimes.
Old 04-26-2007 , 08:24   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

I mean the bot thing to
I get it work on the cs 1.6 but not for dedicated server..
googleson78
Old 04-28-2007 , 06:55   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

I did that. I put masterchief in there(he is the hero I wanted to add). First off, when I change things in files it rarely changes my server or the hero. Here is my idea. I wanted to have a lan listen server that has all hero's at level 0 and have 20 total levels. I've tried so hard to get it to work but everything I do doesn't change it at all.

-Botamis
ROFLOLS!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A FILE WITH ALL THE HERO CODES!!!!
IN THERE ARE THE LEVELS REQUIRED YoU JUST CHANGE ALL TO 0
Thaniominator
Old 04-28-2007 , 10:18   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

For people that have, what can i call it. Annoying eye. Look at this freaking lame tutorial i made for you.
Fast tutorial with pictures only.
Very fucky quality btw.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/Image4-1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...006/Image5.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...006/Image6.jpg
Texz
Old 10-20-2007 , 05:27   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Honestly.. This is NOT a beginners guide, if you notice.. The people who like it and gives you an applaud, are people who already made it work. Like youself..

If you've noticed, alot asks questions to you, but only get the reply "Read the god damn text"

Ive tried to read it. I really did, but there's some places where your not explaining what file your talking about, or where to find the file you talk about. Etc, hlds/cstrike/addons/........
You just say the name of the file.

I dont like the tutorial.

This is my opinion, eventhough i know alot of those who can make it work, proberly think iam a moron, which proberly is right. And some of them will proberly make a post about it. Which i dont care about.......Since i found a more noob friendly forum, where is was explained so fucking simple.

Last edited by Texz; 10-20-2007 at 13:06.
filip_dinev
Old 07-02-2008 , 18:53   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Hi! I`ve got AMXX and I`ve got the basic SHERO MOD!
But please can someone tell me in few steps (3-4) how to add some hero! I added 2 heroes and they worked, but the other heroes didn't ! SO please help me
EDIT : OK I GOT IT!

Last edited by filip_dinev; 07-03-2008 at 17:44.
Heatbabz
Old 09-16-2008 , 21:41   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Thank you for a truely awesome guide!
This site has come to help me alot, since there really isen't much detailed info to harvest from other sites on the internet. I used to play Counter-Strike back in my young days, however I quit due to High School / College... Then suddenly it hit me.. I wanted a Superhero server! - And thanks too you guys, I've come a long way! - I've just ordered a server-computer a coupple of days back, waiting for my ISP-provider to confirm a connection boost, so that I can host a CS Superhero server 24/7.
The thing is.. I have everything working, but I just can't seem to add more heroes - I've been following this guide step by step, but no luck... I've been retracing my steps - I just can't point a finger on what I am dooing wrong.
This is my first time even working with a server (and AMXX), please bear with me.

I must also thank jtp10181 for a good guide on the CVS-part.

I realize that these post's are very much out-dated, but I'm willing to take my chances here, since people are full of knowledge around this specifik matter. I hope that there is someone out there who can help me figure this out x).

Thanks of forehand.

In the console I am able to pin-point this error:

( 27) Load fails: Failed to allocate memory (plugin "sh_billy.amxx")
50 plugins, 49 running

I have no idea what it means, actually I do, but I have no clue on how to fix this, sadly.

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you.

//Heatbabz
Guilty Spark
Old 09-17-2008 , 00:00   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatbabz View Post
Thank you for a truely awesome guide!
This site has come to help me alot, since there really isen't much detailed info to harvest from other sites on the internet. I used to play Counter-Strike back in my young days, however I quit due to High School / College... Then suddenly it hit me.. I wanted a Superhero server! - And thanks too you guys, I've come a long way! - I've just ordered a server-computer a coupple of days back, waiting for my ISP-provider to confirm a connection boost, so that I can host a CS Superhero server 24/7.
The thing is.. I have everything working, but I just can't seem to add more heroes - I've been following this guide step by step, but no luck... I've been retracing my steps - I just can't point a finger on what I am dooing wrong.
This is my first time even working with a server (and AMXX), please bear with me.

I must also thank jtp10181 for a good guide on the CVS-part.

I realize that these post's are very much out-dated, but I'm willing to take my chances here, since people are full of knowledge around this specifik matter. I hope that there is someone out there who can help me figure this out x).

Thanks of forehand.

In the console I am able to pin-point this error:

( 27) Load fails: Failed to allocate memory (plugin "sh_billy.amxx")
50 plugins, 49 running

I have no idea what it means, actually I do, but I have no clue on how to fix this, sadly.

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you.

//Heatbabz
If "sh_billy" is the only hero you are unable to add, then it is a problem with that hero. If you are unable to add any heroes, then it is a problem with other plugins you have loaded (or possibly something even deeper with your machine's setup, but most likely other plugins). Try adding some of the other heroes released on here that have been confirmed to work for other people (and make sure you're using the latest SH version).
Superhero Mod ([S0|0]) - 63.209.37.33:27015
[IMG]http://img157.**************/img157/1031/guiltyspark2tn9.png[/IMG]
Send a message via AIM to Guilty Spark
Atspulgs
Old 09-18-2008 , 16:08   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

You have to know what version your using because new one has new scripting style (kind of) and not all have been updated so you just have to look out.
You can also check http://amxmodx.darkbb.com/forum.htm .
while there arent that much recoded heros you can make your own simple heros with hp ap speed gravity regen weapons skins. This super hero is still in its early stage so it doesnt give you that much choices but its up to date. Also if there are heros that you would like and cannot make with the generator request its recoding. all tutorials you will find in forum as well. (info section.)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 09-18-2008 , 19:13   Re: Beginner's Guide to Installing Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atspulgs View Post
This super hero is still in its early stage so it doesnt give you that much choices but its up to date.
Who the hell keeps feeding you guys this false information. SH 1.2.0 is backward compatible, only a handful of heroes need to be recoded. Otherwise all you do with the old coded hero is just compile it with the new includes, that is it. And if you can drag and drop you can compile it's that simple.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Closed Thread