Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

How to disable CSDM for certain maps

Post New Thread Reply   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-24-2007 , 09:06   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #11

If You don't have that plugin in csdm-plugins.ini, You don't need that line.
6pack
BANNED
Old 02-24-2007 , 12:21   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
If You don't have that plugin in csdm-plugins.ini, You don't need that line.
you see the method you posted is fine as far as the weapons on the ground returning but does nothing as far as stopping CSDM all together. People are still being reswawned when dead. With the mapname.cfg file at least it is stopped all together with the side affect being the weapons are removed.
The "ini" method does not stop it all together. Catch 22
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-24-2007 , 18:45   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #13

That might be a bug. It's because csdm module is still loaded, even if there is no plugin calling it (because all of them are disabled) and even if csdm_amxx is not called from modules.ini. I need some explanation from BAIL how to solve that.
6pack
BANNED
Old 02-24-2007 , 19:01   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
That might be a bug. It's because csdm module is still loaded, even if there is no plugin calling it (because all of them are disabled) and even if csdm_amxx is not called from modules.ini. I need some explanation from BAIL how to solve that.
Its all cool.
You guys are pretty smart...why not change something/make a command/rewrite something which disables everything as far as CSDM is concerned. I am not going to sit here and tell you its easy to do because I am a noob when it comes to these things but this could be helpful. I only want this because I have many maps and all do not agree with the mod

Do what you can and thanks.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-24-2007 , 19:13   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #15

plugins-cf_mapzilla.ini should be as You have it now, but in the same folder in the file cf_mapzilla.cfg write this line (instead "csdm_disabled"):
meta force_unload CSDM2

That stuff at least works perfectly for me. I expect Bail doesn't like this method, but I have no other choice right now to do it better.

[EDIT]
That stuff doesn't work correctly, because if You once remove some AMX X module by metamod command, it is not loaded anymore (for the next map for example). I need to find some method to unload the module through amx x functions.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 02-24-2007 at 19:25.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-25-2007 , 06:35   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #16

OK - the final (and for now the only good) solution is this:
Your plugins-cf_mapzilla.ini file should look so:
csdm_equip.amxx disabled
csdm_spawn_preset.amxx disabled
csdm_misc.amxx disabled
csdm_protection.amxx disabled
csdm_ffa.amxx disabled
csdm_tickets.amxx disabled
csdm_itemmode.amxx disabled
(note there is no csdm_main.amxx disabled, because I need it to let me disable the work of CSDM module).
And then You should have also the file cf_mapzilla.cfg with that line You had before:
csdm_disabled

Now it works correctly. By default on every map CSDM is enabled for You, but when cf_mapzilla is loaded, all CSDM plugins are disabled except csdm_main. This prevents to remove some entities from the map (at the very beginning when the map is loading), because - for example csdm_misc (responsible for that) is already disabled.
Then - when the config for map is loaded (cf_mapzilla.cfg) it disables CSDM, so You aren't respawned all the time anymore.

I would suggest to change the tittle of this topic to "How to disable CSDM for certain maps" - then - if it's confirmed it works correcty - make it as a sticky. Additionally I would ask to include the info about that in documentation of CSDM, because the solution wasn't so trivial. It took me 2 days to solve the problem and I had also to angage few people at AMX X Scripting Support forum to help me with this.

Last edited by KWo; 02-25-2007 at 06:38.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 02-25-2007 , 06:44   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #17

I had the same trouble. And after some tests it was impossible to unload CSDM module.

Now, as I've already said in an another post, my method:

- csdm_main.amxx enabled in plugins.ini
- all csdm configuration is disabled by default. (csdm.cfg)
- all csdm_**.amxx files are disabled by default except csdm_main.amxx plugin.

If I want to enable csdm on a map, I use a per-map configuration file and per-map plugin configuration file.

Ie : de_dust

/configs/csdm/extraconfig/de_dust.cfg ( only need to include what's different from the master csdm.cfg file ) :

Code:
[settings]
;Sets whether CSDM is enabled or not.
enabled = 1

;Sets the spawn mode.
; "none" - users spawn at normal map spawn points
; "preset" - csdm_spawn_preset.amxx required, uses predefined spawns in config files
; -- others may be supplied by 3rd party plugins
spawnmode = preset

;Sets the spawn waiting time
spawn_wait_time = 3

[items]
;Is item mode enabled?
enabled = 1

;[...] Just put here what you need

configs/maps/de_dust.cfg ( csdm is enabled now ):

Code:
csdm_reload csdm/extraconfigs/de_dust.cfg

configs/maps/plugins-de_dust.ini :

Code:
; // .respaw file
csdm_spawn_preset.amxx

; // Misc stuff
csdm_misc.amxx

; // Spawn protection
csdm_protection.amxx

; // Free For All mode
csdm_ffa.amxx

; // Bot ffa
csdm_bot_ffa.amxx

; // Item mode
csdm_itemmode.amxx

Team_Balancer.amxx	disabled
Bad_Camper.amxx	disabled

; [...] cetera..

So, by default, csdm_main.amxx plugin and csdm module are only loaded but not enabled. And there are no problems. All is working fine.
All my configuration is based on this advanced configuration.

Last edited by Arkshine; 02-25-2007 at 06:56.
6pack
BANNED
Old 02-25-2007 , 10:59   Re: Dont remove weapons
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
OK - the final (and for now the only good) solution is this:
Your plugins-cf_mapzilla.ini file should look so:
csdm_equip.amxx disabled
csdm_spawn_preset.amxx disabled
csdm_misc.amxx disabled
csdm_protection.amxx disabled
csdm_ffa.amxx disabled
csdm_tickets.amxx disabled
csdm_itemmode.amxx disabled
(note there is no csdm_main.amxx disabled, because I need it to let me disable the work of CSDM module).
And then You should have also the file cf_mapzilla.cfg with that line You had before:
csdm_disabled

Now it works correctly. By default on every map CSDM is enabled for You, but when cf_mapzilla is loaded, all CSDM plugins are disabled except csdm_main. This prevents to remove some entities from the map (at the very beginning when the map is loading), because - for example csdm_misc (responsible for that) is already disabled.
Then - when the config for map is loaded (cf_mapzilla.cfg) it disables CSDM, so You aren't respawned all the time anymore.

I would suggest to change the tittle of this topic to "How to disable CSDM for certain maps" - then - if it's confirmed it works correcty - make it as a sticky. Additionally I would ask to include the info about that in documentation of CSDM, because the solution wasn't so trivial. It took me 2 days to solve the problem and I had also to angage few people at AMX X Scripting Support forum to help me with this.
Ok, this meathod works. There is a small glitch but its not really a big deal at all. When the map is changed the gun menu will come up but does not show up again for the rest of the map. (for a map where CSDM is disabled)

I will make up all the files and play for a couple of hours to see if anything happens when I have the time

Thanks for your help and I will change the topic to what you asked it to be changed too.
Again Thanks.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-25-2007 , 14:48   Re: How to disable CSDM for certain maps
Reply With Quote #19

If You have this line:
csdm_equip.amxx disabled
it shouldn't happen with these gun menu displayed at the beginning of the map for which CSDM is disabled. Check it twice if You really have it done correctly (the ini file is not mapname.ini, but it's plugins-mapname.ini). I 've tested it and it didn't happen for me.
6pack
BANNED
Old 02-27-2007 , 11:13   Re: How to disable CSDM for certain maps
Reply With Quote #20

Update:
@KWO
Server has been running fine (30 hours) with the alterations, no crashes and awp_space is the only time/map that I see the gun menu for a second.