Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.4, 2013-08-02)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Force a player to play one of their domination or revenge quotes
    Old 05-10-2013 , 11:05   [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.4, 2013-08-02)
    Reply With Quote #1

Description
    Force one or more players to play domination quotes!

See also: Assister Domination Quotes, Spy Fake Dominations.

Feature List
    • Can force players to play a domination line for specific class domination. Doesn't apply to Pyro, Heavy, or Medic who don't have class-specific domination lines.
    • Can force players to play a domination line for random class
      • Each target will select a class at random.
    • Can force players to play a revenge line.
    CVAR/Command List

Cvars:
    • forcedominationquotes_version - Plugin version
    • forcedominationquotes_log - [0/1] default 1 - Show to players when this command is used?
    • forcedominationquotes_disguised [0/1] default 0 - Play domination/revenge sounds while disguised? This cvar hasn't been tested.
    • forcedominationquotes_cloaked [0/1] default 0 - Play domination/revenge sounds while cloaked? This cvar hasn't been tested.
    Commands:
    • dominationquote - Requires Generic Admin flag (see Overrides system to change) - Usage: /dominationquote <target> [class] - Plays a domination sound for all targets. Uses normal SourceMod targeting strings, but ignores immunity levels. If class is omitted, will choose a random class for each player.
    • revengequote - Requires Generic Admin flag - Usage: /revengequote <target> - Plays a revenge sound for all targets. Uses normal SourceMod targeting strings, but ignores immunity levels.

Changelog
    • 2013-08-02 (v1.4)
      • Added cvar to disable plugin
      • Usage command now correctly returns instead of continuing to execute.
    • 2013-05-13 (v1.3)
      • Updated to use ReplyToTargetError instead of home-grown method.
    • 2013-05-11 (v1.2)
      • First public release
      • Renamed plugin, cvars, and phrases file to match the Assister Domination Quotes name
    • 2013-05-10 (v1.1)
      • Updated to use translations
      • Fixed processing wrong values for targets
      • added "rand" class option, although this was already implicit
    • 2013-05-09 (v1.0)
      • Initial Release
    Installation Instructions
    For a new install:
    1. Download force-domination-quotes.zip.
    2. Unzip into your server's tf directory.
    To upgrade:
    1. Download and install any updated translation files.
    2. Download the new plugin version and put it into your server's addons/sourcemod/plugins/ directory.
    Dependencies
    SourceMod 1.4 and its SDKTools extension

Plans
    The cloak and disguise cvars need to be tested.
    It may be possible to make Spies play their lines as their disguised class, but I'll have to do more research.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip force-domination-quotes.zip (9.3 KB, 668 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (force-domination-quotes.sp - 1150 views - 5.8 KB)

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-08-2013 at 13:58. Reason: 1.3 released
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-10-2013 , 11:13   Re: [TF2] Force Diomination Quotes
    Reply With Quote #2

Let me know if you have issues with this plugin, as I just recently changed the plugin name, translation phrases, and cvar names... and haven't had a chance to test these changes.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-13-2013 , 18:41   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.3, 2013-05-13)
    Reply With Quote #3

Just a minor update to this plugin. I made it so it uses ReplyToTargetError instead of manually handling it. It makes the plugin slightly larger, but uses standard SourceMod constructs instead of my home-rolled versions.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-13-2013 at 18:42.
    Smarmy
    Old 05-18-2013 , 07:28   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.3, 2013-05-13)
    Reply With Quote #4

I may be confused on what this is supposed to do so I'll just ask.

Does this force you to play a domination class specific line to your victim and yourself when you've dominated them or does this only play manually? I tried it out and dominated a few different bots but never heard the class specific domination lines. I played as a Demoman.
    Zadrave
    Old 05-18-2013 , 12:33   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.3, 2013-05-13)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
    I may be confused on what this is supposed to do so I'll just ask.

Does this force you to play a domination class specific line to your victim and yourself when you've dominated them or does this only play manually? I tried it out and dominated a few different bots but never heard the class specific domination lines. I played as a Demoman.
    It makes it so when you type "dominationquote @me [class you're dominating]" in your console, it forces your character to randomly say a domination line. It's like the voice menu commands.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 05-18-2013 , 13:58   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.3, 2013-05-13)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zadrave View Post
    It makes it so when you type "dominationquote @me [class you're dominating]" in your console, it forces your character to randomly say a domination line. It's like the voice menu commands.
    It works with targets other than @me, too. For lots of hilarity, use @red, @blue, or @all.

For that matter, if you leave the class at the end blank (or use random) it plays one for a random class. Except for Heavy, Medic, and Pyro who don't have class-specific domination lines.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-18-2013 at 14:01.
    Smarmy
    Old 05-19-2013 , 08:18   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.3, 2013-05-13)
    Reply With Quote #7

Darn. I always thought the domination lines were never played often enough, mostly the class specific ones. I was hoping this would play a class specific domination for the attacker when you dominated.

Last edited by Smarmy; 05-19-2013 at 08:20.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-02-2013 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.4, 2013-08-02)
    Reply With Quote #8

Released 1.4 which adds both a cvar to disable the plugin and makes it so if no arguments are passed to a function, it properly ends after returning the usage info.
    Old 09-23-2013 , 15:00   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.4, 2013-08-02)
    Reply With Quote #9

I really like this plugin, however would it be possible for you to shorten the time it takes for classes to say the domination/revenge quote? Players seem to sit there for a whole second or two without saying anything until the quote goes through.

Another suggestion would help if a menu would be added instead of manually typing "/dominationquote name class" over again, although I have it bound to a key, I think it would be easier just to have a custom menu for the lines, like the default voice commands.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 09-23-2013 , 17:25   Re: [TF2] Force Domination Quotes (1.4, 2013-08-02)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cleanshirtmike View Post
    I really like this plugin, however would it be possible for you to shorten the time it takes for classes to say the domination/revenge quote? Players seem to sit there for a whole second or two without saying anything until the quote goes through.
    It's delayed because that's how Valve has the animation files set up to do for domination lines.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cleanshirtmike View Post
    Another suggestion would help if a menu would be added instead of manually typing "/dominationquote name class" over again, although I have it bound to a key, I think it would be easier just to have a custom menu for the lines, like the default voice commands.
    Not a bad idea, but not something I have time for at the moment.