12% 

[ANY] Little Anti-Cheat

Post New Thread Reply   

J_Tanzanite
Old 05-13-2020 , 10:22   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezerPT View Post
Your plugin its not working on CS Source I have a friend and I try to install it on his server and cfg and log dont appers
Version 1.2.0 and version 1.3.0 changed where the config and logs are generated.
Code:
The config is generated here now: cfg/sourcemod/lilac_config.cfg
Detection logs: addons/sourcemod/logs/lilac.log
See if they are there.
Also, when you load the plugin, the server console should give errors messages as to what the problem is, if you could share those, that would be helpful.
J_Tanzanite
Old 05-13-2020 , 10:28   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
Respect that you offer something like this here for free and support something like this, I have taken over the German translation and will look in here from time to time.
Thank you...

Thanks a lot for the German translations!
I will add them to the next version of Little Anti-Cheat (version 1.5.0).
You can find them here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat
(Note that version 1.5.0 on github master branch isn't complete, I explained why earlier and in the development branch)

Some of my friends who did some translations requested not to be credited (Not sure why), may I credit you for the translations? And would you also like a link to your profile? (Steam, AM etc)

Once version 1.5.0 is complete, it will be published here on AM, and you will be credited here as well when that's done, if you so wish.
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2020 , 12:03   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tanzanite View Post
Thank you...

Thanks a lot for the German translations!
I will add them to the next version of Little Anti-Cheat (version 1.5.0).
You can find them here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat
(Note that version 1.5.0 on github master branch isn't complete, I explained why earlier and in the development branch)

Some of my friends who did some translations requested not to be credited (Not sure why), may I credit you for the translations? And would you also like a link to your profile? (Steam, AM etc)

Once version 1.5.0 is complete, it will be published here on AM, and you will be credited here as well when that's done, if you so wish.
I've been following them on GitHub for a while now and I don't need any credits, you are welcome to simply add it and if you need German translations, I will adapt it for you via Fork...keep up the good work
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2020 , 02:52   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #94

Code:
2020/05/13 21:58:01 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 2 | Delta: 1 | TotalDelta: 7 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 21:59:36 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 3 | Delta: 3 | TotalDelta: 14 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:01:23 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 4 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 17 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:05:22 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 2 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 4 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:05:24 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 3 | Delta: 1 | TotalDelta: 12 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:06:54 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 4 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 3 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:07:50 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 5 | Delta: 1 | TotalDelta: 18 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/13 22:07:50 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "" was banned for Aimbot.
Game: CSGO
Mode: awp-only
Note: I removed the name.

I think this ban is questionable, but I do not understand what I am looking at in the log.

I do not know this person beyond seeing their name on my server on and off as far back as a year ago. I usually end up spectating any player who is decent and I think I have a good eye for telling if someone is cheating.

I was not online at this time. The player was online for 12 minutes, got 20 kills/20 deaths, had only 3 headshots and 28% accuracy.

I am well aware that the statistics I'm telling you are hardly relevant. A player could be bad and still cheating. He could've never cheated at all while I did watch, and today he decided to try cheating. My intuition on what is/is not cheating could be flawed.

However, I tell my admins
"don't bother spectating bad players unless they're stupidly obvious"
"don't bother spectating people who have an account that looks 'legit'"
"don't hesitate to ban people who are on a brand new steam account"

In other words, the only bans I trust are bans of obvious players. I do not like the hassle/drama of banning regulars, or players who are just very unlikely to be cheating. I only let certain individuals (ie. myself) make decisions like that, and require video evidence to do so.

What I'm looking for from you is an explanation of:
  • what autoshoot is (it sounds like another way of saying triggerbot to me?)
  • how certain you are that this is cheating
  • what things could cause false positives server-side, so that I can tell you whether it is possible that it is my server's fault I guess.

feel free to message me on steam or discord ( ff#0533 ), I value this anticheat very highly as it deals with bans when admins aren't on.

Last edited by Effeff; 05-14-2020 at 02:55.
J_Tanzanite
Old 05-14-2020 , 06:47   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
Game: CSGO
Mode: awp-only
Note: I removed the name.

I think this ban is questionable, but I do not understand what I am looking at in the log.

I do not know this person beyond seeing their name on my server on and off as far back as a year ago. I usually end up spectating any player who is decent and I think I have a good eye for telling if someone is cheating.

I was not online at this time. The player was online for 12 minutes, got 20 kills/20 deaths, had only 3 headshots and 28% accuracy.

I am well aware that the statistics I'm telling you are hardly relevant. A player could be bad and still cheating. He could've never cheated at all while I did watch, and today he decided to try cheating. My intuition on what is/is not cheating could be flawed.
Although statistics can't disprove that someone is cheating, it is not by any means "irrelevant".
This is pretty relevant context, as it gives me a more accurate idea as to what was going on.
I wish more people would give me context like this, as it makes my job easier.

Btw, I Really appreciate that you removed the name, SteamID and IP; as it removes all possibility of bias.
And also, I just don't like people sharing player's IPs around, as there are some weird people online. I doubt anything would happen, but as a principle.

Quote:
A player could be bad and still cheating. He could've never cheated at all while I did watch, and today he decided to try cheating.
Absolutely correct, I rarely see people say and understand this, so I had to quote it, as it's soooo rare to hear this from others. But:
Quote:
My intuition on what is/is not cheating could be flawed.
No one's intuition is perfect, that applies to me as well.
Fact of the matter is, no Anti-Cheat is perfect, and no Anti-Cheat should be treated as such.
Whether a ban is valid or not is in fact up to the server owner, Lilac is a tool meant to help server owners catch cheaters, but it's entirely up to server owners if they see the ban as valid.

Quote:

In other words, the only bans I trust are bans of obvious players. I do not like the hassle/drama of banning regulars, or players who are just very unlikely to be cheating. I only let certain individuals (ie. myself) make decisions like that, and require video evidence to do so.
I fully understand your decision here, as I've gone through this type of drama myself.
It's a hassle, especially when it comes to famous players with fans (3kliksphilip sadly had to deal with this himself when it came to a certain bhoper).

Now, with all that said and out of the way, lets tackle this detection.

Quote:
I think I have a good eye for telling if someone is cheating.
I don't doubt you in the slightest, but
Quote:
what autoshoot is (it sounds like another way of saying triggerbot to me?)
... S-Sorta.
Autoshoot is a feature cheats have, usually in their aimbot settings.
All it does is shoot for you, and in some cases, it sorta acts like a triggerbot.
In some other cases, the triggerbot is pretty much coded in the same way, but not always.
There is no way of spectating a player and reliably being able to tell if they are using autoshoot or not.

Autoshoot works by inserting a 1 tick perfect shot, Lilac only checks for Autoshoot upon a kill.
And in order to get an autoshoot detection alone - without anything else having been detected, like you have - you have to do it twice in a row or more. Lilac doesn't log the first autoshoot detection, as it may be a false positive.
In addition to this, Lilac doesn't log the first aimbot detection either.
Hence why when this player got their second aimbot detection, they very likely had 3 autoshoot detections in a row, and I mean 3 autoshoot detections for three different kills.

Quote:
how certain you are that this is cheating
Fairly certain, as I haven't had false positives for this before.

But:
Quote:
what things could cause false positives server-side, so that I can tell you whether it is possible that it is my server's fault I guess.
As far as I know, there is nothing server-side that could cause this.
But, there is something you can do as a player to get a false positive
"bind mwheeldown +attack" or "bind mwheelup +attack"
These will also cause a 1 tick perfect shot.

However, the likelyhood of someone doing this is very low, and they would have to do that consistently, 3-4 times in a row leading to a kill on 3-4 different players.
It isn't impossible, but it's so unlikely, it really isn't a concern.
Also, autoshoot detections reset if the player doesn't get a 1tick shot leading to a kill.

So, do I think this is a valid detection and ban: Yes.
When Lilac was a private anti-cheat, I would detect legit cheaters doing this all the time, it wasn't uncommon.
But, earlier you said this:

Quote:

In other words, the only bans I trust are bans of obvious players. I do not like the hassle/drama of banning regulars, or players who are just very unlikely to be cheating.
Considering the standards you have put forth, unbanning this player would be understandable, as autoshoot isn't something obvious.
My opinion on whether this is valid or not is irrelevant, because in the end, it's up to you if you wish to upkeep the ban or not.

I know that some server owners have the same mindset you have (I have the same mindset), and don't wanna deal with drama and only wanna ban obvious players.
So in the next update, Little Anti-Cheat Version 1.5.0, there will be a new ConVar that lets you disable autoshoot detections all together.

There is an unfinished version of 1.5.0 on my github page, which you can find here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat
In case you wanna disable autoshoot detections all together.
(Keep in mind that "lilac_aimbot_autoshoot" won't automatically be added to your cfg upon upgrades, you have to add that manually, sadly)

One more thing, I did write a SourceTV auto recorder plugin, which you can find here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Lilac-SourceTV
It just starts recording a SourceTV demo when Little Anti-Cheat detects a cheater.
I have done some basic testing with it, and will release it here on AM later.
It should be useful if a ban were to happen while no one was spectating.
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2020 , 08:12   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #96

PHP Code:
was detected and banned for an invalid ConVar (mat_fullbright 1). 
Multiple clients (all clients on the server) were banned for this at the same time.

Last edited by Ilusion9; 05-14-2020 at 08:12.
J_Tanzanite
Old 05-14-2020 , 08:56   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
PHP Code:
Multiple clients (all clients on the server) were banned for this at the same time.
What game?
Did you play on a community made map?
What version of Lilac?
Did you have sv_cheats enabled on the server?
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2020 , 12:07   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
As far as I know, there is nothing server-side that could cause this.
But, there is something you can do as a player to get a false positive
"bind mwheeldown +attack" or "bind mwheelup +attack"
These will also cause a 1 tick perfect shot.
Managed to get myself banned with "bind mwheelup +attack". I think it's fairly easy to do on an awp server particularly - it's just 5 kills over the course of multiple rounds without missing. I'll ask the dude about his keybinds to see if he had anything weird. This is what my ban looked like:

Code:
2020/05/14 11:58:26 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "ff"} is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 2 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 3 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/14 11:58:51 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "ff"} is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 3 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 2 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/14 11:59:53 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "ff"} is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 4 | Delta: 1 | TotalDelta: 14 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/14 12:00:13 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "ff"} is suspected of using an aimbot (Detection: 5 | Delta: 0 | TotalDelta: 9 | Detected: Autoshoot).
2020/05/14 12:00:13 [Version 1.3.0] {Name: "ff"} was banned for Aimbot.
Quote:
There is an unfinished version of 1.5.0 on my github page, which you can find here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat
In case you wanna disable autoshoot detections all together.
(Keep in mind that "lilac_aimbot_autoshoot" won't automatically be added to your cfg upon upgrades, you have to add that manually, sadly)
I have 1.5.0 but the lilac.log prints logs as 1.3.0 still (the one I'm using at least)

Quote:
One more thing, I did write a SourceTV auto recorder plugin, which you can find here: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Lilac-SourceTV
It just starts recording a SourceTV demo when Little Anti-Cheat detects a cheater.
I have done some basic testing with it, and will release it here on AM later.
It should be useful if a ban were to happen while no one was spectating.
Excited to try this.
NeQ
Old 05-14-2020 , 13:51   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
PHP Code:
It also happened to me.
Game mode: Arena 1vs1
Lilac version: 1.3.0
Game: CS; GO
Sv_cheats disabled.

Last edited by NeQ; 05-14-2020 at 13:53.
J_Tanzanite
Old 05-14-2020 , 14:16   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeQ View Post
It also happened to me.
Game mode: Arena 1vs1
Lilac version: 1.3.0
Game: CS; GO
Sv_cheats disabled.
Arena 1v1 you say?
Pardon my ignorance here, as I don't play CS:GO, but isn't Arena a community made game mode?
If so, what map did you play on?