Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)

Post New Thread Reply   

dahyun4220
Old 09-21-2021 , 13:30   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
I don't know where to post, so I post here.
I made my own l4d2_spawn_props plugin.
And use it to make the Unlimited Map C8.

Based on Sky cfgSparta maps and Zonemod

Now I share my private work here
Latest version always here
Is there a props models data file in English?

Last edited by dahyun4220; 09-21-2021 at 13:31.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2021 , 14:21   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahyun4220 View Post
Is there a props models data file in English?
translate by yourself or download data here by Spirit_12
Old 09-21-2021 , 16:04   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
translate by yourself or download data here by Spirit_12
That file was originally made by honorcode23. I can't recall if I made any changes to it or not, but he/she deserves credit for it.
Old 11-05-2021 , 11:51   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
I don't know where to post, so I post here.
I made my own l4d2_spawn_props plugin.
And use it to make the Unlimited Map C8.

Based on Sky cfgSparta maps and Zonemod

Now I share my private work here
Latest version always here
I think this is a good plugin. I already used version 3.0, but the new plugin has a lot of interesting different objects and I installed it on my server and removed the old plugin. But I have a problem reading the object spawn menu. The names of objects are not readable in the menu, there are not letters, but squares. Can this be fixed?https://cloud.mail.ru/public/XfCp/9Bf32sorS

Last edited by simvolist777; 11-05-2021 at 11:51.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2021 , 07:35   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvolist777 View Post
I think this is a good plugin. I already used version 3.0, but the new plugin has a lot of interesting different objects and I installed it on my server and removed the old plugin. But I have a problem reading the object spawn menu. The names of objects are not readable in the menu, there are not letters, but squares. Can this be fixed?https://cloud.mail.ru/public/XfCp/9Bf32sorS
perhaps your computer can't recognize and display chinese character, try editing data/l4d2_spawn_props_models.txt

translate into Russian language or other language
Old 11-06-2021 , 08:10   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #246

Quote:
perhaps your computer can't recognize and display chinese character, try editing data/l4d2_spawn_props_models.txt

translate into Russian language or other language
thanks, this helped to solve the problem. I have installed Chinese language support on the system in my computer.
EternalStar
Old 11-23-2021 , 01:08   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #247

I updated this plugin dramatically in terms of content. I've increased the number of models from ~830 models spread across 6 categories to ~3,300 models sorted into 31 categories each one subsorted to an extent. Everything has been tagged in english. I added details to a lot but not EVERYTHING has information if it has collision or not because it frankly was getting exhausting checking every single thing.

I realized that after I compiled this last version I never added my name or updated version number. *shrug*

Source script is included as always.

If I had an feature requests for someone else to implement it'd be to add an ability for the props spawn objects cache to accept rendercolor & skin values. Even if you have to put them in manually rather than through in-game inputs. Though I imagine a similar system to how the plugin controls angle array values could be implemented without a ton of effort. I'd have to learn how the script runs a lot more deeply, and the language itself if I wanted it and I'm not THAT concerned. I just noticed that a number of objects spawn with no colors at all. For example you can't change the colors of cars from default, and the carnival tents all spawn completely white.

that I notice there is reference to a "grab object" in the code. That would be really nice if you decide you want to adjust an older object after already placing a new one. Having to delete multiple objects or manually edit via the objects cache file is kind of defeating the purpose. Simply having the plugin tag the object you're looking at as "selected" would be enough.

Some sort of integration with the Lamps plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1658873 that allows for creating a light entity as part of a dynamic route path (that way you can setup a floodlight to guide a person when their path is blocked, but not have that light show up when the path is NOT blocked).

And lastly, a way to spawn completed entities. For example having cars that already have their glass model attached or spawning an alarmed car. This would probably be a lot of work though. Just be nice if you could include stuff like the weapon spawn plugin attached to random path. Or, most importantly, the ability to spawn working ladders/infected ladders. Even if you have to put the entity values directly into the objects cache txt rather than putting it into the game via in-game menu. Requesting this is pretty unreasonable though. The lights one is also difficult. Skins/colors & Grab object I imagine wouldn't be TOO hard though.

Anyways, cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4d2_spawn_props.zip (95.3 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by EternalStar; 11-23-2021 at 18:09.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2021 , 18:32   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #248

I had the grab code in my version. Your credits indicate it is a fork of my version, so unless you removed the code the following commands should still be there.

Code:
 - sm_spawnprop			- Spawns an object with the given information
 - sm_savemap			- Save all the spawned object in a stripper file
 - sm_grabprop			- Grabs the last object to move it
 - sm_grablook			- Grabs the looking object to move it
 - sm_prop_rotate		- Rotates the last spawned object with the desired angles
 - sm_prop_removelast		- Remove last spawned object
 - sm_prop_removelook		- Remove the looking object
 - sm_prop_removeall		- Remove all objects
 - sm_prop_move			- Move an object with the desired movement type
 - sm_prop_setang		- Forces an object angles
 - sm_prop_setpos		- Sets the last object position
 - sm_debugprop			- Enable/Disable Debug
 - sm_spload			- Load specific map
Old 12-26-2021 , 18:11   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I had the grab code in my version. Your credits indicate it is a fork of my version, so unless you removed the code the following commands should still be there.

Code:
 - sm_spawnprop			- Spawns an object with the given information
 - sm_savemap			- Save all the spawned object in a stripper file
 - sm_grabprop			- Grabs the last object to move it
 - sm_grablook			- Grabs the looking object to move it
 - sm_prop_rotate		- Rotates the last spawned object with the desired angles
 - sm_prop_removelast		- Remove last spawned object
 - sm_prop_removelook		- Remove the looking object
 - sm_prop_removeall		- Remove all objects
 - sm_prop_move			- Move an object with the desired movement type
 - sm_prop_setang		- Forces an object angles
 - sm_prop_setpos		- Sets the last object position
 - sm_debugprop			- Enable/Disable Debug
 - sm_spload			- Load specific map
The comment I made at that time I think was based off of a few things that were off & I didn't update the comment last time I changed the file I was posting. So I did update my fork & add my name but didn't fix my comment in this thread that I hadn't put my name in. That was my bad.

The code had grab shown but I didn't see a command for it in menu, I didn't think to just use chat . I had d/led it via the git hub HarryPotter posted that had a compilation of files. The code I currently have, I added grab to the menu system. That said I noticed it had some weird issues regarding how it positions things when grabbing them. I'm hoping you could figure them out.

There is weirdness with the Y axis. When you grab something it visually drops the object MUCH lower than where during the entire time you are holding it. I.E. It's not centered on your crosshair. The Y axis does not seem to be saved either. So even if you move the object waaaay up it snaps back to aproximately where it used to be on the Y axis. The X axis works fine. However there is a rotation issue, but that's a minor one. Since you can move and turn while holding something the plugin remembers the old angle. When you edit the angle (via admin menu) it edits it relative to it's old position. This means even a 1 point X axis turn will snap back to whatever it's old rotation was.

It'd be nice if whatever you have grabbed became the "highlighted/last" object. Or if there was a way to highlight whatever you were looking at as "last object". That way you could use the admin menu to tweak several objects. Like you spawn 3 things but you're not happy with the first one so you say "select look" that lets you use the edit feature to rotate/shift that object rather than whatever you last spawned.

On to other "look" issues: the plugin can't "see" any object that naturally has no collision. So if you do something like spawn grass the only way to delete it is to "delete last". I don't know how you'd fix that since I'm guessing you need collision for the look command to even work.

When I type !sm_debugprop all that seems to happen is it prints "l4d2_spawn_props_prop" not sure why.

Here are some changes I've made to the plugin compared to your original:
1. A LOT of new props & new sub-menus (I prob could organize them a bit better, and there may be few a with tag errors or poor descriptions)
2. "Grab Object/Release" is now in admin->spawn objects->edit
3. The random route spawn stuff has added "&& g_bMapStarted". This is a fix that was posted earlier in this thread because although you had !g_bLoaded it would try to automatically spawn props too early and fail because & it threw out an issue of map hasn't loaded. Honorcode posted a fix to this that I added to the fork I had.
4. On the SavePluginsProps I added "realism" to the init file created as that game mode wasn't supported unless manually entered into the init file.

Wish there was some easy way to like combine your code with the one posted earlier by xio that has the ability to spawn some light sources / etc. I'd use their plugin but I muuuuch prefer the way you have yours setup for spawning props since it's in the admin menu, remembers your last window, and easier position editing using the buttons to do X+1/+10/+15/etc. Much more efficient.

I'm using this to create A LOT of paths on my server. Basically I create little sections that can spawn, then I create combinations. So like "Path A can be blocked" is one route "Path B can be blocked" "Path A & B can be blocked" to make it a bit more like how the AI Director works. Thanks for your hard work, had I had to do this with like xios plugin or via some other method I'd probably not bother since it's so much less efficient. I'm pretty happy with what I have even if I don't have the lights / item spawn / ladders / prop colors / car alarms as something that can load via the random pathing I get 95% of stuff I'm looking for & I'm not missing anything I'd NEED, just extra fluff that'd be nice. Like having a delicious donut but maybe it didn't have sprinkles.

Update edit: Fixed an issue with the menu categories where "Pipes" & "Skybox" were not given correct category values resulting in issues spawning items while staying in the same menu. (You'd select BodiesGeneric and get Pipes for example)
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4d2_spawn_props.zip (76.5 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by EternalStar; 01-01-2022 at 18:22.
Hawkins
Old 02-25-2022 , 11:14   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
[L4D2] Objects Spawner 3.0

Version 3.0
It simply does not auto load pre-saved stuff. (loading through admin menu works)
Code:
l4d2_spawn_props_autoload
is set to 1. Saved stuff to "plugin cache", to "maps" and "routing" Directories.

This is what i set inside my "addons/stripper/plugin_cache" directory:

c1m4_atrium_1.txt
Spoiler

c1m4_atrium_init.txt
Spoiler

Gamemode is versus

ERRORLOG:
Spoiler

Last edited by Hawkins; 02-25-2022 at 11:36.