Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Make A Tutorial

Post New Thread Reply   

umarsa
Old 09-04-2006 , 18:13   Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all i am kinda new with amxx and i dont really get the amxx Tutorials they are way to compliecated for me s i was thinking can everyone like chip in by posting a "Code Snippets" like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Just A Eg Of How I Want People To Post.

This little code :
Code:
public plugin_precache() {
   precache_sound("misc/eg.mp3")
}
Would make clients download the file named "eg.mp3" but for clients to download it you would have to first put the file "eg.mp3" to your servers "sound/misc/"
Well i think you mods might wanna trash it but i found it very usefull all i did was lok thrgh trash for little bits of code and i just made a plugin by undestanding some functins. But people can just come here to tell people instead of them going thorgh the trash to find somthing usefull that they want.

If you want to keep this thread and you thing it is in the wrong forum please move it i only put it here because if people post here it would make it a Tutorial for noobs like me.

Sorry if im spamming and no one posts here and its just spam

PS: If a work is missing a "o" blame my keybred
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-04-2006 , 18:28   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #2

what
Old 09-04-2006 , 18:45   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #3

Well i wanted to make a Tutorial with little bits of code snipps and ppl to explain what to do with that script so ppl like me (noobs at amxx scripting) will undestand it and will be able to make a mod out of the info ppl pst like i made a mod but i never stole it i looked back at nearly all the plugins and used the functions i tested each (well not each but some...) functoin and i didnt even know how to use it so i lked back at psts and just wrked it out and i still dont knw most of it so it would be god if ppl psted code bits and explained it as the qute in my 1st post and it will probley help other noobs at coding like me
TheNewt
Donor
Old 09-04-2006 , 19:03   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #4

A tutorial on how to make a tutorial... Christ, now someone else is gonna post a tutorial on how to post -_-
People who make tutorials, target the tutorial to certain people with a specific coding skill, usually defined as Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert. Something targetted to Expert is not meant for a beginner to understand. Start small with the Beginner tutorials. Not every tutorial is labeled, but think of it this way, if you can't understand the tutorial. Maybe its a bit out of your leage of comprehension?
=)
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-04-2006 , 19:17   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
A tutorial on how to make a tutorial... Christ, now someone else is gonna post a tutorial on how to post -_-
People who make tutorials, target the tutorial to certain people with a specific coding skill, usually defined as Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert. Something targetted to Expert is not meant for a beginner to understand. Start small with the Beginner tutorials. Not every tutorial is labeled, but think of it this way, if you can't understand the tutorial. Maybe its a bit out of your leage of comprehension?
=)
Not really, I think I was the first person to use the "beginner, intermediate, expert" thing, and a few other tutorial writers jumped onto that system.

But anyway, there are 2 types of tutorials IMO:

1) "Here's some code, I barely know what it does myself (or even how it works), so just use it and trust me that it works."
2) "Here's some code, here's why it's important to know, here's what is possible with it, here's what you should and shouldn't do."
Donor
Old 09-04-2006 , 19:23   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #6

Meh heres a third.

Quote:
1) "Here's some code, I barely know what it does myself (or even how it works), so just use it and trust me that it works."
2) "Here's some code, here's why it's important to know, here's what is possible with it, here's what you should and shouldn't do."
3. "Heres some code that I took from 4 different plugins, its supposed to do this, careful though it might not work!"

-Edit-
Lame, just realised that still goes under category 1.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2006 , 20:19   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #7

How to make a post

Greeting
You should always begin with some kind of opener. This makes it very interesting.

Grammar
This is the internet, people will not want to read your crap. Please don't misspell ez wordz. Appel, Aple, Aplep, Hello PM.

Your Point
Make sure you have a valid point, and it pertains to your subject.

Ending
Gaben

I hope this helped you guys. Posting can be very hard at times, specifily when your being computer is being eaten by snarks.

Last edited by Zenith77; 09-04-2006 at 21:11.
MaximusBrood
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2006 , 15:15   Re: Make A Tutorial
Reply With Quote #8

You forgot interpunction.

Post #3 has exactly 3 dots, and they aren't used to tell the sentences apart.